TV Battlestar Galactica - Season 4 continued...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I really enjoyed it, the "god" and "angels" stuff could be taken in many ways -how many times did the cycle repeat itself to get to that point? The head characters could simply be highly evolved hybrids. I thought it was very good though, and went the right way to wrap things up.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Agreed Chet. I liked it, and enjoyed it immensely.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thought it was massively rushed myself. Interesting, yep, but not fantastic.

I don't like what they did with Starbuck. TBFH, I hated the whole gods/angels side of it for the entire series - it's supposed to be science fiction, not science fucking fantasy.

I also thought the very last twist was gay as fuck.

Other than that - liked it a lot. Bye bye Battlestar :D

Turamber

Part of the furniture
That was excellent. Would have liked some more answers but it would have stolen something of the magic of the show to have revealed everything. I can't really believe that everybody would have been happy to give up their technology but it was a useful plot device.

Going to miss that show.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i just watched it and ill readily admit im a bit choked up more because its the last show somethings i expected others i didnt

i liked how questions where left hanging its infuriating but as stated i think anyone who expected every little loop tied up nice and comprehensible was in for some disappointment

i know after a certain on going thread (we all know the one) the ending was gonna piss some people off but i loved how it was tied in i wont say religion so much ill say faith and that a higher force was at work only thing that pissed me off was kara suddenly popping out of exsistance

i loved this show i rate it as my number 1 show ever now, even above babylon 5 and i thought nothing would ever top that.

thinking back there are some really big points the show trys to make it certainly makes you think, im not gonna say what i think it would detract from the show pointing them out, and when you discover them yourself its much more poignant.

i loved the robots and only now typing this have i made the connection with, all this has been etc and will be again

im gonna have to watch it again the whole frakkin series cos i bet there is so much ive missed and now i know how it ends ill be able to pick up on stuff in earlier shows

best show ever god im gonna miss it im glad galactica made it to the end and got to sail off into the sunset :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I think it might have been less annoying if Kara disappeared as soon as they jumped. After all, that's when her purpose has been served - she's got them to new earth. The fact that she hung about for a few days only to disappear after a conversation was silly.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
i know after a certain on going thread (we all know the one) the ending was gonna piss some people off but i loved how it was tied in i wont say religion so much ill say faith and that a higher force was at work

Didn't 'head' Balthar say something about "God" that 'he doesn't like to be called that'. Or some such, need to see it again but I suspect that the God they were referring to was not a spiritual being, anymore than the 'angels' were really that.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Indeed - not in the sense that we understand them to be. However it felt a bit cheap to imply they were all superduper God type chaps, then at the end say "well, y'know, not necessarily" and end it there. Felt like they could have hinted a *little* bit more as to who/what they were.

Sar

Part of the furniture
I think "it" is the Cylon God, which is probably itself some form of ancient and incredibly powerful AI.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
see this is what i love about this show it lets you form your own oppinions and everyone sees it differently the ending to me was perfect it didnt say they were angels but it didnt say they werent either we are left to come to our own conclusions

and when you think about it thats what BSG was all about the fleet were guided but ultimately they had to make the choices they werent told this is what you will do by this higher force. and they didnt get all the answers they were looking for we werent the only ones left hanging so were the main characters on some issues

its nice when a show wraps up all loose ends but thats it then theres no more speculation no more discussion simply wow what a great show and you tend to move on and forget about it. BSG will be talked about for months if not years about how it all came to be and just what the hell was going on.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
and when you think about it thats what BSG was all about the fleet were guided but ultimately they had to make the choices they werent told this is what you will do by this higher force.

Much like Balthar (no idea how to spell his name :p) being told by 'head' Six to leave Galactica and go with the rest of the fleet. Yet he stayed and proved his courage ... and the 'real' Six fell for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom