TV Battlestar Galactica - Season 4 continued...

Sar

Part of the furniture
Who or what are the Beings of Light / Head characters?

What is their motivation and ultimate aim?

Will they find a new "Earth"?

What exactly happened to Starbuck and how did her Viper end up on Earth despite blowing up in that gas giant?

What exactly IS Starbuck now?

What is the truth about the Opera House and when will the "dying leader" know it?

Who exactly is the dying leader? Roslin? Adama? The Galactica itself?

What is up with Hera? What's so special about her? Why have no other cylon-human hybrids been conceived or born yet?

Where in the cycle of time does this new series sit in relation to the original series and our current timeline? Future? Past?

Those are just the questions I can think of immediately off the top of my head. For me to be satisfied with the series' conclusion, they need to answer all those and more. In just 90 minutes? Can't see it happening.

I feel they're going to concentrate the majority of the finale on the rescue attempt with Hera, and not answer even the majority of them, never mind all of them. Never even mind in a satisfactory manner.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well tonight is the end of an amazing era in Sci-Fi television, the final two episodes are aired in America. As an aside did anyone see the video and stuff when BSG visited the UN earlier this week and Edward (in char) got quite heated and shouted to the room "So Say We All" and the room chanted it back. Apparently it was a very special moment. Right spoiler time....

Ok, my take on what will happen....

Galactica will jump into the nest but end up going thru the singularity and somehow doing a Starbuck and coming back all fixed and shiny with new tech. Ok, maybe not, but it was worth a try.

I think that Galactica will jump in with the Base Star not far behind and a deal will be made between the "human" and "cylon" race. I am still not sure on how different both races are, to me they are all human and the reason the "human" cylons think they are not "human" is down to knowledge transfer from their elders.

In my mind Starbuck is the daughter of Daniel though I don't think we shall see him in the final episodes. I do believe we shall see Galactica explode or die somewhere.

Anyway, to the producers, writers and actors, BSG was an amazing show which put all others to shame, you did good!

SO SAY WE ALL!

Sar

Part of the furniture
Who or what are the Beings of Light / Head characters?

WIZARDS!

What is their motivation and ultimate aim?

To break the cycle.

Will they find a new "Earth"?

They found the proper Earth, innit.

What exactly happened to Starbuck and how did her Viper end up on Earth despite blowing up in that gas giant?

Wizards did it!

What exactly IS Starbuck now?

A Wizard's Apprentice.

What is the truth about the Opera House and when will the "dying leader" know it?

It was actually a situation, and she knew it when it happened.

Who exactly is the dying leader? Roslin? Adama? The Galactica itself?

No-one in the end. Everyone lived to see the Promised Land.

What is up with Hera? What's so special about her? Why have no other cylon-human hybrids been conceived or born yet?

Wasn't answered, but you assume that more were born.

Where in the cycle of time does this new series sit in relation to the original series and our current timeline? Future? Past?

150,000 years in the past!

So yeah, I was very happy with the finale. Cried my fucking lamps out for most of the latter half too :)

RIP Galactica!

SO SAY WE ALL!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That was awesome, and fuck all those who whinged that it would be crap, because you were wrong. :)

Krazeh

Part of the furniture

Wasn't answered, but you assume that more were born.

Wasn't it stated that she was mitochondrial Eve? So was the matrilineal most recent common ancestor of all humankind. Therefore given that she was a cylon-human hybrid then everyone currently on earth would be part cylon, even if it is a really really tiny part.

Loved the ending, knew it'd be great but it achieved far more and was even better than i'd hoped.

Nate

FH is my second home
Gonna miss it, best sci-fi ever!!!

Whats this btw ;o http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286130/ Alex Ferris is Boy!?! WTF! Who would of saw that coming!?

Ah, here we go

Battlestar Galactica series has reached its finale and will be winding up this Friday on March 20th. But the Sci-Fi series is all set to launch its two hour show as an extension of Battlestar Galactica series in Fall. The series upcoming part is set in the manner of a television movie and is named as, "Battlestar Galactica: The Plan”. The plot will include ethe design when Cylons are functioning on board the Cylon ships before and after the attack.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Two thumbs way way up.

Amongst many things done just right, playing the original theme music in just the right way in exactly the right place. Awesomeness.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Loved it and I am sad to see it go but at least they went out in style. :) Lots of unanswered questions of course but I expected that given the whole mystical theme running through the last 2 seasons.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
So Starbuck was an angel?

Great finale to a fantastic series, BSG - you will be missed!

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
A bit of a cop out at the end, but I enjoyed it nethertheless.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Anyone notice who was reading the magazine in the final scenes? :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
Aye, think that was an injoke after Grace Park and Tricia Helfer's stint in C&C 3.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So, it was all God and Angels then? Anyone else find that rather unsatisfying? Not to mention that it confirms what I've said all along, that God is a bit of a dick? Oh, and why did Cavill shoot himself?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I assumed he preferred that to the indignity of being shot. I agree on the God/angels thing - bit of a cop out.

Nate

FH is my second home
Aye was a bit weird :p maybe he's just like that.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
A brillant ending to a fantastic show,

Still can't believe what they did with the ships. I know they were supposed to go back to basics, but still.

Also what about raptors left on Earth I wonder if they broke them down or they are still around somewhere

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So NOW the gods and angels thing bothers you lot? :eek7: It's been going on since day one.

To be more fir towards my critic self...it was what the show should've been after season 2 when everything went down PMS tubes and people started going space-crazy.

If you want to feel better about the new galactica, watch season 1, then jump to last episode and watch that.

Save you time and boredom.

As i've said before, it's not what it was sold to be by the first season. It's a touched by an angle with robots.

Ok a bit harsh maybe but you get the point...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So NOW the gods and angels thing bothers you lot? :eek7: It's been going on since day one.

To be more fir towards my critic self...it was what the show should've been after season 2 when everything went down PMS tubes and people started going space-crazy.

If you want to feel better about the new galactica, watch season 1, then jump to last episode and watch that.

Save you time and boredom.

As i've said before, it's not what it was sold to be by the first season. It's a touched by an angle with robots.

Ok a bit harsh maybe but you get the point...

The God and angels thing was always there, but if the intention of these "gods" was to get them to (our) Earth all along, why all the fannying about? Why send them on a four year wild goose chase to the original Earth for example? But that wasn't what really annoyed me, it was all that "technology has done this to us, lets give it all up and go back to nature" hippy crap. I know it was the only way the plot could pan out by that point, but I don't like the sentiment, and I certainly don't buy the idea that 40,000 people who've spent the last four years arguing with each other about everything would suddenly all agree to give up their worldly goods and start fucking spear-chucking hominids.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The God and angels thing was always there, but if the intention of these "gods" was to get them to (our) Earth all along, why all the fannying about? Why send them on a four year wild goose chase to the original Earth for example? But that wasn't what really annoyed me, it was all that "technology has done this to us, lets give it all up and go back to nature" hippy crap. I know it was the only way the plot could pan out by that point, but I don't like the sentiment, and I certainly don't buy the idea that 40,000 people who've spent the last four years arguing with each other about everything would suddenly all agree to give up their worldly goods and start fucking spear-chucking hominids.

Don't get me wrong, i didn't like the hippy ending either. Luckily it was balanced by "well, humans did it again..." in the end.

If i had ended it, it would've been to ram the galactica into the last colony after the kid was resqued and pushing it into the anomaly, due to galactica being too damaged to jump, with Adama and some other "glorious" people on the bridge while some of the lot jump out with raptors and the end credits start rolling after the last remnants of humanity fly out into the "horizon".

Or some such :D

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Thinking about it I would like to have seen them keep the technology and bult a new civ but with the 12 colony ships and Galatica put on Earth as a memorial thus breaking the cycle.

Some part of me wanted Earth to be an advanced race with a fleet of ships and is wary of the 12 colony ships and maybe forced to leave as they don't want a war with the Cylons

Chilly

Balls of steel
Most of the ending made little or no sense, nice to see them settle down though. Was it inevitable that they were the origin of our current Earth civilisation ?

fuck the spoilers.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Anti-technology, pro-god nonsense...I like the touched by an angel comment, with robots..lol

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Anti-technology, pro-god nonsense

lol, bound to be really popular on this forum :p It is on Sky tonight so I'll watch it and enjoy it, as I always do BG. Wish I'd not read the spoilers tho, doh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom