Battlegrounds rock!

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Ctuchik said:
but it IS casual player friendly. u CAN get to 60 playing 2 hours a day and still SEE a progress. u CAN get pretty good gear as a casual player without joining any large scale raid. what u WONT get as a casual player that only plays 2-3 hours a day/week is the best gear in the game. and imo it would be silly if it were THAT easy to get it.

imo they did a hell of a good job at end game pve but still need to work ALOT on end game pvp.

and no, i dont have any of the "uber purple gear" on my toons. im doing pretty damn good with just a blue set. and in my humble oppinion. u dont NEED the best gear to pwn anyone. purple gear is for show only and nothing else. its for ppl to show off and brag how badly they are gonna pwn with it and still loose to a "newb" like me or anyone else that aint got any of that shit. ive seen really really good players (non lvl 60) with just green gear totally humilliate ppl from the "uber guilds" that got all the "uber gear".

if ur good at playing ur class. the gear isnt THAT important. sure ok, good weapons might be the only thing u really need. but u can usually get pretty kickass weapon from any of the not so badass instances and can usually completed in a few hours.

this isnt DAoC where the gear u have un u tells u how good ur gonna be, its more the other way around. the gear helps but isnt a decisive factor in WoW.

its a classic discussion, you may be right that you are more item dependent in daoc but items in wow does make a big different aswell. Ofc a good player in crap stuff can pwn a retard in good stuff, but what if both are good? then the dude with the nice stuff will win most of the time.

Items does matter no reason to claim otherwise :)

RobbanPobban

Fledgling Freddie
Only problem I have is to find decent ppl to play with, and ofcorse all the bugs and lack of funny CC.

Useally get into groups where people don't tend to listen and run around like headless chickens wack everything theye see no matter the groups status. As I play a "healer" druid it feels a bit annoying...

Very booring.

I did try DAoC again but after WoW it feels clunky and slow, movement and all.

More CC...
Non-instance RvR/PvP zones...
Improve the BG's by fixing the bugs...
Better combat logs that ain't spamming you with unnessesary information...
Ban Mods...

Thank You...

Other than that I think WoW is a great game.

Gray

FH is my second home
I do like Battlegrounds quite a bit, infact its great fun all the way through. The one thing that has *really* pissed me off is quite simple:

"Team players".

In 21-30, 31-40, 41-50 battlegrounds, if you was a low level character no one cared what so ever. When i hit level 53 (I was close to becoming Grunt so decided to hit Battlegrounds a bit) all i was getting was every few minutes:

"Hi, can you please leave and let my level 60 Guild mate join?"
"Can you leave, you're ruining the game for us"
"You're a bit low level at the moment, come back when you're 60"

Needless to say, during that game i got very very pissed, never have i been so hassled so much in Battlegrounds or anywhere. In that one game, we was getting beat 2-0 by the Alliance before i joined, and people made out that it was my fault (?!) i got removed from the group i was in after about 15mins or so - But i continued. Eventually we pulled back to 2-2 and they re-invited me? We did eventually win it after going back and forth, cant imagine the stick i would have got if we lost!

But that game left me feeling quite miffed inside, and i felt i lost a lot of respect during that game for many of the level 60s itself...

Is anyone else like this? Do you hassle lower-level players to leave?

Afran

Part of the furniture
Gray said:
Do you hassle low level players to leave?

Not low levels no, but if we're trying to run a guild group, mainly in WSG, and someone's late then we'd ask whoever joined to leave after the game had finished.

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
Gray said:
I do like Battlegrounds quite a bit, infact its great fun all the way through. The one thing that has *really* pissed me off is quite simple:

"Team players".

In 21-30, 31-40, 41-50 battlegrounds, if you was a low level character no one cared what so ever. When i hit level 53 (I was close to becoming Grunt so decided to hit Battlegrounds a bit) all i was getting was every few minutes:

"Hi, can you please leave and let my level 60 Guild mate join?"
"Can you leave, you're ruining the game for us"
"You're a bit low level at the moment, come back when you're 60"

Needless to say, during that game i got very very pissed, never have i been so hassled so much in Battlegrounds or anywhere. In that one game, we was getting beat 2-0 by the Alliance before i joined, and people made out that it was my fault (?!) i got removed from the group i was in after about 15mins or so - But i continued. Eventually we pulled back to 2-2 and they re-invited me? We did eventually win it after going back and forth, cant imagine the stick i would have got if we lost!

But that game left me feeling quite miffed inside, and i felt i lost a lot of respect during that game for many of the level 60s itself...

Is anyone else like this? Do you hassle lower-level players to leave?

I've had this twice before too, at level 55 I got asked to leave the BG by someone as I was the only non lvl 60 in there. I told em no and if they had any problems they were welcome to write a mail to a GM and see what they have to say. Another time I got told that I was ruining BG for someone as I was too low, so I suggested if its so bad that they should leave BG, but they didnt and we ended up winning.

Anyone ranging from lvl21 to 60 can enter the BG and I have no problems with a low level person in BG. If you want to enter a BG at low level then thats upto you, but you'll probably just get your butt kicked alot. Noone has the right to ask or make anyone leave BG, if they do then politely tell them no :)

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
Spankya said:
Anyone ranging from lvl21 to 60 can enter the BG and I have no problems with a low level person in BG. If you want to enter a BG at low level then thats upto you, but you'll probably just get your butt kicked alot. Noone has the right to ask or make anyone leave BG, if they do then politely tell them no :)

I personally dont mind to see lovbies in AV, but in WSG they just work aginst own realmmembers taking away one importent spot. Havnt newer told them to leave, just hoping, that they enough inteligent to figure it self ( what rarely is happening ).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Bibi said:
I personally dont mind to see lovbies in AV, but in WSG they just work aginst own realmmembers taking away one importent spot. Havnt newer told them to leave, just hoping, that they enough inteligent to figure it self ( what rarely is happening ).

u cant really have lowbies in AV tho.

sure if u concider lvl 51 lowbies then i suppose ur right...

but its a massive diffrenve between a lvl 51 and a lvl 60 then it is between a lvl 21 and a lvl 30. a lvl 51 got most of the skills hes been training for whilst a lvl 21 dont have nearly as many skills as a lvl 30 do, plus a lvl 21 cant kill a lvl 30 anything when a lvl 51 if played right can atleast be a threat :)

Gray

FH is my second home
Ah well, no more moaning i guess, hit 60 tonight.

May the fun begin! Altho i only plan on using BG maybe once/twice a week, and just get kills through normal styles on other... altho the times i do wanna play BG i find the queue is farkin huuuuge :/, and i dont wanna spend too much time in there because i wanna get possibly the Valor gear :/

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
u cant really have lowbies in AV tho.

sure if u concider lvl 51 lowbies then i suppose ur right...

but its a massive diffrenve between a lvl 51 and a lvl 60 then it is between a lvl 21 and a lvl 30. a lvl 51 got most of the skills hes been training for whilst a lvl 21 dont have nearly as many skills as a lvl 30 do, plus a lvl 21 cant kill a lvl 30 anything when a lvl 51 if played right can atleast be a threat :)
Main problem is a level 51 is likely in a set of gimped greens, while a level 60 can be in full epics.

Bibi

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
Main problem is a level 51 is likely in a set of gimped greens, while a level 60 can be in full epics.
Indeed .. and if/when lvl 60 is losing vs lvl 51 he really should concider doing something else then playing wow. Red=dead <-- simple rule.
Lvl 51 is far from having all skills on same level/damage as lvl 60 and yes, lvl 51 is lovbie compared to lvl 60.

Anarawan

Fledgling Freddie
ok can u explain me how the PVP system works in wow? i'm a daoc player, and i've heard good things and bad things about wow.
u got battleground.. for a variety of lvls. all the way to 60?
and when u ding 60 what do you do??? still in battlegrounds? or somekind of realm war or something?
thanx

no flames here just curious.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
WSG is open
21-30
31-40
41-50
51-60 has both WarsongGulch and Alterac Valley

WSG is a 10man vs 10man CTF map. dominated by set groups at high lvls in good gear.
AV is just zerg on zerg with mostly people just trying to leech as much honour as possible rather than work to actually win the BG in my experience.
theres no real realm war afaik. odd scraps going on around the place. lots of ganking on pvp servers.
when u ding 60 u can either instance farm for good items or sit in BGs all time. both of which i got bored of real fast ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom