Battlegrounds rock!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
BG sux

Alterac is TM-SS zergs with npcs who actually dmg ppl, same old same old

Warsong Gulch: if u join as a random you get boned by a guild 10man grp (i type /afk everytime i recognise guild raids when playing solo), which is just as boring as joining as a guild raid n facing randoms. Only time u can get some fun is joning as a random raid n playing vs another random raid, or guildvsguild raids, which happens like once a day. Neways, after doing a zilion ctf runs, the map gets boring n its the same thing all over again.

Big time disapointed

mank!

Part of the furniture
I resubscribed just to try out Battlegrounds as I found myself bored, frustrated and without the will to play following the constant PvP/ganking once the Honour system was implemented. The content in general had become a little dull as well which didn't help.

Anyway, since resubscribing on Sunday I've found that not only has it become considerably easier to quest solo at both level 51 with my warrior and level 32 with my mage, but the Battlegrounds are insanely fun. I've only played Alterac so far, I queued for over half an hour for Warsong last night with a guild group but we didn't get anywhere. I agree that AV is just zerging at the minute but there's massive scope for improvement once the initial crazed frenzy of interest has died down. As a warrior I've found PvP quite difficult, especially against casters/ranged characters but despite the large level difference between myself and 90% of people in the battlegrounds, I've been able to rack up the kills and not find myself eternally frustrated with dying constantly.

In the future I can foresee the tactics becoming much more important, we're all still getting used to it - personally I haven't got a clue what I'm doing really, I'm just charging at anybody who comes to close - but once everybody knows what everything does and the majority of people have completed the quests there, I feel that it will be much less chaotic and focused more towards tactics. As it stands I'm not too bothered, being able to charge around like a complete spastic suits me, it reminds me of my Quake2 days :)

Furthermore, whilst I agree entirely that it's currently very easy for casters and hunters, it's not impossible for melee players to not only have great fun, but also be very effective. Overall, the Battlegrounds have reinvigorated my interest in WoW, my faith in the game and it's the first time in months I've actually enjoyed playing my Warrior. I'd consider it a success.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
what mank said.

Especially the bit about tactics.

And as for pining for Emain and the ultimate zergs? Er...lol. What a fucking shit game DAOC was, only took me nine accounts and 3 years of playing to realise though ;)

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
rogue runs up takes flag sprints and we summon him back fun NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Sorry but the BG are shit can hide flag in wall can camp grave yard can port out so flag gets stuck but most of all the Que system sucks .

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Zapsi said:
Rogue runs up takes flag sprints and we summon him back fun.
Sorry but the BG are shit, can hide flag in wall, can camp grave yard, can port out so flag gets stuck but most of all the Queue system sucks .

Is it possible to summon the flag carrier?

Referring to my earlier post, blink, travel form, aspect of... should not be able to function if the player is carrying the flag imo, just as translocate (in UT2k3/4) made you drop the flag.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
why does the que system suck? theres only so many spots in each instance. and u need 16 ppl minimum (8 from each side) to start a NEW warsong gulch bg. not sure on how many u need to get a alterac bg started but i suppose its somwhere around 20-30 from each side

sure they could always have x number of bg's open at all times and have 2 ppl in each bg. that will REALLY be fun huh? or have 10 alterac valley bg's open always and never have enough ppl in any of them to even be able to cap a graveyard or a mine let alone win the map.

by the way. you dont HAVE to just sit outside the instance portal and wait for a opening... :rolleyes:

and smurf. if u want emain so badly then go play DAoC.

/edit: before u all go flaming me saying that they should have a "real" zone dedicated to pvp only. go figure out a way to get a decent balance on the server pop first. the best ive seen i think is 40% horde and 60% alliance. every other server theres been 4-5 alliance per 1 horde.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
The que system atleast on my server doesnt let any guild or raid come in to warsung on horde side, if u sign up solo wait time is 20-40 min if u sign up with friends is 3 hours +.
Now this is maybe casual firendly but dont we all wanna play with friends and try stuff out and it special sux when the alliance have no que and can come in with pre set raid.
Make options to sign up as guild v guild or raid v raid prob more things could be done.
Same goes for AV what even sux more there if U horde is u gotta keep 10 men at End Boss to make sure alliance dont jump fence with 20 stealthers and ninja him, then u spend 4 hours in que and they finish it in 10min.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Zapsi said:
rogue runs up takes flag sprints and we summon him back fun NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Sorry but the BG are shit can hide flag in wall can camp grave yard can port out so flag gets stuck but most of all the Que system sucks .

Much more fun to MC people out of the zone in/out though :p

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Ctuchik said:
and smurf. if u want emain so badly then go play DAoC.

nahh, ill give wow pvp a chance but its not the bg's that will save it for me, as i said the small bg could be fun but a 1-3+ hour que for a 10 man group is far to long(RavenCrest), ofc its true we could just go do something else, but what?

The big bg is just not my kind of fun, npc's that hits like trucks, small bottleneck fights with 20vs20 standing doing aoe and getting help from npc's are simply not fun/challening, for me :(

but the game is still new and im sure lots of stuff will change so ill just go on with solo/duo pvp in BRM and hope that some alliance on my server starts to run some decent fg's there :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe, so wrong i was.

After having pvp'ed heavily since Honor, and now later BG's, were introduced i can only say that the game has lost its apppeal for me. I cba to wait in queues for 2/3 of my online time to get on the BG's and i cant find good fights outside of them, so, i have cancelled my sub.

The life of a 60 is currently boring me to tears :) Was great to get there and in the first time after, but now there is precious little but different grinds to do (alterac zerggrind, ctf queueing, pve instance grinding).

Zephyrex

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Hehe, so wrong i was.

After having pvp'ed heavily since Honor, and now later BG's, were introduced i can only say that the game has lost its apppeal for me. I cba to wait in queues for 2/3 of my online time to get on the BG's and i cant find good fights outside of them, so, i have cancelled my sub.

The life of a 60 is currently boring me to tears :) Was great to get there and in the first time after, but now there is precious little but different grinds to do (alterac zerggrind, ctf queueing, pve instance grinding).

Feeling the exact same ;/ and I find the honor system worthless on top of it
Ah well at least I can satisfy my twinking urge ( as long as my subs last)!

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Hehe, so wrong i was.

So you've killed Onyxia, Azuregos, Kazzak and cleared MC then? not to mention BWL which will be introduced shortly, or are they too much of challenge or is your guild not big enough to do them or cant you get invitations to go to them?

just a few suggestions to not make WoW so boring, now that BG has lost its appeal for you

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
those are the things im looking forward to doing. but i dont see getting to do them anytime soon unfortunatly. my guild is made up of mostly friends from other games i have met and their mates irl etc and a few people we have met in game. were pretty small. only me and 1 other in guild are lvl 60. and we do grp in almost all the time tho. we have about 5or6 now lvl 50-54s and a bunch of < 50s. i would love to join 1 of the larger guilds for these raids, but i have a few problems. the people in my guild are most fun i have met in game hence being in guild and i dont wanna leave them, the larger guilds who i know have competant players in are full and chances of getting in are unfortunatly very small even for a much needed priest. this leaves me screwed. altho at the moment im happy doing 5man scholo/strat runs for a challenge, so far best record is strat/scarletside with 1wipe. and UBRS is fast when u have peeps who know what they are doing. did it in 1hour 30mins last night with no wipes which is me best run so far. tbh im hoping that blizzard will add in more 5man/ 10man instances that u can just put a grp 2gether in IF.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Gat_Decor said:
So you've killed Onyxia, Azuregos, Kazzak and cleared MC then? not to mention BWL which will be introduced shortly, or are they too much of challenge or is your guild not big enough to do them or cant you get invitations to go to them?

just a few suggestions to not make WoW so boring, now that BG has lost its appeal for you

Thanks for the suggestions, but if i wanted to do those things i would ofc have stayed :) Have no interest in large scale pve raids - i joined a pvp server to pvp. Ive done some of MC and Azuregos and only found it slow and frustrating. I think Blizzard has failed to deliver on the high level content, making most of it require raids and such, when they marketed the game as casual player friendly.

Not saying its a sucky game, far from it, and im sure lots of people are perfectly content to keep playing (and queueing ;) ). I am not however.

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not Lvl60 and not even near it, but the wow end game looks crap :( So you get to 60... then decide you want some uber stuff so head into all these uber dungeons/instances and get all your uber gear.. so u look cool, are tough and then what? Queue a few hours so u can pvp a little? Sit there watching your screen, hoping u dont miss the popup to enter the BG.. knowing u cant go to the toilet to take a dump or you might just miss that popup... sounds great :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Fana said:
Thanks for the suggestions, but if i wanted to do those things i would ofc have stayed :) Have no interest in large scale pve raids - i joined a pvp server to pvp. Ive done some of MC and Azuregos and only found it slow and frustrating. I think Blizzard has failed to deliver on the high level content, making most of it require raids and such, when they marketed the game as casual player friendly.

Not saying its a sucky game, far from it, and im sure lots of people are perfectly content to keep playing (and queueing ;) ). I am not however.

but it IS casual player friendly. u CAN get to 60 playing 2 hours a day and still SEE a progress. u CAN get pretty good gear as a casual player without joining any large scale raid. what u WONT get as a casual player that only plays 2-3 hours a day/week is the best gear in the game. and imo it would be silly if it were THAT easy to get it.

imo they did a hell of a good job at end game pve but still need to work ALOT on end game pvp.

and no, i dont have any of the "uber purple gear" on my toons. im doing pretty damn good with just a blue set. and in my humble oppinion. u dont NEED the best gear to pwn anyone. purple gear is for show only and nothing else. its for ppl to show off and brag how badly they are gonna pwn with it and still loose to a "newb" like me or anyone else that aint got any of that shit. ive seen really really good players (non lvl 60) with just green gear totally humilliate ppl from the "uber guilds" that got all the "uber gear".

if ur good at playing ur class. the gear isnt THAT important. sure ok, good weapons might be the only thing u really need. but u can usually get pretty kickass weapon from any of the not so badass instances and can usually completed in a few hours.

this isnt DAoC where the gear u have un u tells u how good ur gonna be, its more the other way around. the gear helps but isnt a decisive factor in WoW.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Yes Ctuchik i agree, but as im saying i quit over pvp not over pve :) I have one epic item only and only got that one the last few days i played. I made do perfectly well with blue gear, playing a "gimped" class mostly solo or duo. Only reason i talked about pve endgame content was because someone suggested that i should take part of that earlier in this thread - and as i explained i have no desire to do yet more instance runs for items i dont need in an eviroment ive seen tons of times doing the same repetative pull after pull. For items that wont even make me noticeably stronger anyway. And 40 man epic item raiding makes me wanna cry^^. No i want pvp, and i dont want to queue for hours for it :)

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Imo the problem with endgame pve is it takes far to long. First you have to fix 40 people of the right classes, this requires a very big guild or some great alliance with other guilds, but even if you have this it take a while to get people rdy.

when you got people rdy you have to keep em all online and not afk for the entire raid time which can be a pain since a MC raid takes forever and its booring as hell.

Onxyia on the other hand is far more casual friendly, its a ok fast raid and you tend to have a far more easy time to get people together since its a far shorter raid :)

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
im just hoping that blizz are gonna do what my mate originally told me they were gonna do. was prob Bollox but this is what he told me. is that all the contested area's were going to have tower/castle type thingies kinda like daoc rvr where you would battle it out for control of the areas and if u had it on ur side that area would be safe for u to happily pve in without fear of attack and u would get a bonuss when in there like extra hp or more dmg kinda shit. i do obviously have no idea how this would work and would probably tottaly screw the game up now, but when i heard of this before actually playing the game it sounded fantastically fun lol.
the theory behind the BGs is good problem is the reality is horrible. Alterac is almost non tacticalness. just zerg vs zerg which i have found horde tottaly rape alliance most of the time on my server. no1 seems to try an do the subquests in the area. i have not once found a grp of people willing to go into 1 of the mines and clear it out an stuff. the cavalry usualy is 1 person collecting rams so takes age.
my thinking is this is because every1 is so desperate for HK that they dont wanna miss out on any chance they have of getting some no matter how small.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ah, sorry then Fana. seem i missed that one hehe :p

but u dont really have to go to the BG's just to get some pvp done. just get a few mates and invade one of the low lvl guard towns (read lvl 40 guards)

i can guarantee u that within 15 minutes u have a few to fight against. atleast a few minutes anyway. coz sooner or later it always end up in either ur side or the enemy zerging :) but then u just go invade another town hehe :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ralgedi Smurf said:
Onxyia on the other hand is far more casual friendly, its a ok fast raid and you tend to have a far more easy time to get people together since its a far shorter raid :)

the dungeon itself might be easier then MC. but if u dont have a well planned raid of the right classes and the ppl dont know what to do. u wont even have a chance against Onyxia.. :p and killing onyxia is the biggest reason most ppl go there.

Vantros of the Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
Well as an Ex-hibbie it dopnt bother me that much the waiting time, cos unlike in DAOC where u have to sit at DL for hours waiting for a group (which usually lasts 1 run then splits cos they got pwned), u enter the queue, and get to go and kill some mobs or PvP at thier entrance side while u wait :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Bought Guildwars yesterday to tide me over with :) Seems great fun so far, doing the "roleplay" character progression part, and had a few randomgroup figths in the arena (about 1 min waiting time to enter, in the middle of the night :D ).
Hard to say anything about its lasting appeal but feels like it was a nice investment since i can come back to it whenever i want, and dont have to worry about losing all i worked for, or that people will vasty outpower me after a while (since progression after level 20 is pretty much linear, i.e. you dont gain more power, just more diversity).

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
i dont like guild wars click movement. keeps making me move random places when im trying to deselect stuff.

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Lakashnik said:
i dont like guild wars click movement. keeps making me move random places when im trying to deselect stuff.
Turn it off? - Options

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Tinu said:
Turn it off? - Options

Indeed, i turned that off too since it made me run where i didnt want to every time i missed a click when targeting something :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom