Banned from #stealthzerg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
The Irc room you refering too is a private chat and really have nothing to do with daoc.

Lethul

FH is my second home
eggy said:
If you really believe getting banned from a virtual chat (whine) channel on the internet full of ego-fuelled kids warrants a post on Freddyshouse, then why not just change your ident/IP (use a proxy) and reconnect.

You can't actually get banned from an IRC channel...just change the information your computer gives out...obviously if you're discovered you'll be rebanned, but if you just want to 'listen in' it's an easy solution.

well most likely they banned the "Q login" thingy, meaning if you register to Q when you login you are banned. Some channels you cant join without registring to Q, dont know if stealthzerg is one of those tho and dont know if this is the exact way it works :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
well most likely they banned the "Q login" thingy, meaning if you register to Q when you login you are banned. Some channels you cant join without registring to Q, dont know if stealthzerg is one of those tho and dont know if this is the exact way it works :p

/nick <oldnick>^^
/msg Q hello
<etc>
/join #stealthzerg

Tricky!...

Lethul

FH is my second home
eggy said:
/nick <oldnick>^^
/msg Q hello
<etc>
/join #stealthzerg

Tricky!...

bah, your probably right as usuall :) but then again, if you get banned your not wanted so why do you wanna be there :p most of those "big" daoc channels is just purely for epeen fuelage and whine, i have to say i have more fun since i removed those channels from my perform in irc..

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Very well said. However if I may add the following:

Withing the poppulation that plays this game, some of the people have similar attitudes and reasons for playing. These people use various methods to communicate between them and they have established a smaller community within a general one.

Within that smaller community they have their own CoC let's say, which of course nobody else has to abide to it, however on the other hand, people that don't want to follow that code can't expect to be welcome amongst them.

good points made by gear and Thorn. No problem with people making their own coc its when they dictate it to others ingame. Only people I do dislike in this game are those that yell at their realmates to 'not add' or 'dont leech' when quite frankly they dont pay the subs so they have no right.

On another point:

You'll find that people like myself will give respect to others who do play the game for fun and not just out to curse everyone that steps in their way.

People like shatterhand, kagato, sacre, theoden even censi/vf

Yeah they probably get mad if people add/leech them but they dont go insulting/dictating to others because of it. If you log on, find a fight, someone else joins in and u call them 'an adding <insert expletive here>' what do you think they will do next time?

I know for me atleast a game with just 1v1 2v2 3v3 8v8 etc etc would be extremely dull, half of the fun in this game is coming out ontop against the odds. That being my opinion i think most of you 'dont add you wanker' crew would agree. But hey, like I always say.

Theres always Tetris! :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
bah, your probably right as usuall :) but then again, if you get banned your not wanted so why do you wanna be there :p most of those "big" daoc channels is just purely for epeen fuelage and whine, i have to say i have more fun since i removed those channels from my perform in irc..

Very, very true. Repped!

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Arumos said:
good points made by gear and Thorn. No problem with people making their own coc its when they dictate it to others ingame. Only people I do dislike in this game are those that yell at their realmates to 'not add' or 'dont leech' when quite frankly they dont pay the subs so they have no right.

On another point:

You'll find that people like myself will give respect to others who do play the game for fun and not just out to curse everyone that steps in their way.

Yeah they probably get mad if people add/leech them but they dont go insulting/dictating to others because of it. If you log on, find a fight, someone else joins in and u call them 'an adding <insert expletive here>' what do you think they will do next time?

I know for me atleast a game with just 1v1 2v2 3v3 8v8 etc etc would be extremely dull, half of the fun in this game is coming out ontop against the odds. That being my opinion i think most of you 'dont add you wanker' crew would agree. But hey, like I always say.

You might be 11L2 in game, but your rep is all Eggy-PLed!!!!!!

santacruz

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
the only reason someone would uncover another stealther infront of a full group is if he was so useless at playing his or her class that he doesnt think he stands a chance vs them 1v1. it doesnt really matter what lord of the rings character you roleplay as you are still useless :).

Yeah that is to true... Because in DAoC its all about skill. What a load of bullshit. I play a low rr scout and have no chance vs a high rr SB/NS and most of the times not much of a chance vs SB/NS at all. So no point in trying to do something with my character it clearly cant. Mythic has utterly failed if scouts are supposed to solo other stealthers so as long as I'm low RR I'm gonna pop stealthers that will only attack me when my friends leave.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
santacruz said:
Yeah that is to true... Because in DAoC its all about skill. What a load of bullshit. I play a low rr scout and have no chance vs a high rr SB/NS and most of the times not much of a chance vs SB/NS at all. So no point in trying to do something with my character it clearly cant. Mythic has utterly failed if scouts are supposed to solo other stealthers so as long as I'm low RR I'm gonna pop stealthers that will only attack me when my friends leave.

try leaving the area, they cant get you if you aint there.

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie
Arumos said:

On another point:

how would u know how it is to come out ontop against the odds when u re outnumbering fgs by 3 or when u add like u always do :)?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
eggy said:
You might be 11L2 in game, but your rep is all Eggy-PLed!!!!!!

nah I gave him a hand as well :)

unlike in-game an IRC channel is the moderator's to do with as they please - not sure if reregistering to avoid a ban is against quakenet's rules or not but I'm pretty sure arbitrary banning of people on your own channel is well within them.

If they abuse in game - Rightnow it

if they boot you from their little irc treehouse: well it's their treehouse.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
GrIrcSpammer said:
how would u know how it is to come out ontop against the odds when u re outnumbering fgs by 3 or when u add like u always do :)?

unlike you (I assume by this thread you're a purely 1v1 person, apologies if this is untrue)
Arumos actually takes part in RvR - he'll take a tower or a keep with a group and fight off greater numbers, or control a bridge/other chokepoint. Sometimes he has more numbers, sometimes he doesn't - that's RvR for you - always different.

Now part of his success will be down to his current Op warlock char :) however he did it before he rolled that one and I'm sure he'll continue to do so post-nerf.

It might not require the same "skills" as killing another stealther 1v1 (styling, or running around or knowing which charges to use or how to avoid strafing...) but if anything requires skills in daoc camping a bridge or "towerhumping" does as well.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
unlike you (I assume by this thread you're a purely 1v1 person, apologies if this is untrue)
Arumos actually takes part in RvR - he'll take a tower or a keep with a group and fight off greater numbers, or control a bridge/other chokepoint. Sometimes he has more numbers, sometimes he doesn't - that's RvR for you - always different.

Now part of his success will be down to his current Op warlock char :) however he did it before he rolled that one and I'm sure he'll continue to do so post-nerf.

It might not require the same "skills" as killing another stealther 1v1 (styling, or running around or knowing which charges to use or how to avoid strafing...) but if anything requires skills in daoc camping a bridge or "towerhumping" does as well.

Here here. And there.

Eyres

Banned
Flimgoblin said:

he does a lot more than 1 on 1

but i suppose random zergers dont know much about that

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Eyres said:
he does a lot more than 1 on 1

but i suppose random zergers dont know much about that
Its not he its they........

Nice post btw Flim:)

Jox

Fledgling Freddie

I find myself kicked/banned so often that I lost count. Many times I deserved it. But it suffocates the will to enter, at all.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Jox said:
I find myself kicked/banned so often that I lost count. Many times I deserved it. But it suffocates the will to enter, at all.

You get drunk and get abusive, personally it dont bother me, but you have a habit of talking alot of bollox while under the influence :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Arumos said:
half of the fun in this game is coming out ontop against the odds

while i agree with you that knowing a lot of people will add on every occasion adds some thrill to rvr, i have yet to believe you actually think that way.

i cant help myself but do a /rofl irl when i see you are making a friar to solo with. ahwell, i tried to resist mentioning it, but for obvious reasons it just cracks me up. good luck man. you'll find out that good fights with a solo melee class, without speed or stealth, are so rare and far between you will start to gain a tiny bit of respect for the people you have cocklocked down for 12 hours a day the past weeks.

and as for irc banning, i don't see the point of making a fh thread about it. its not some official channel for stealthers, its a channel moderated by players who mostly play in a certain way. if you cant show them respect ingame, regardless of realm, why do you even want to be in there?

make another channel for all players, or for players who play like you do, just maybe? :eek7:

Ging

Part of the furniture
btw u dont have to do anyting shit to anyone in game to get banned. All u have to do is say "Arsenal are shit, building season?? ROFL, gooners? lol more like Gonners" :)

and u get insta banned.... <s******s>

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
while i agree with you that knowing a lot of people will add on every occasion adds some thrill to rvr, i have yet to believe you actually think that way.

i cant help myself but do a /rofl irl when i see you are making a friar to solo with. ahwell, i tried to resist mentioning it, but for obvious reasons it just cracks me up. good luck man. you'll find out that good fights with a solo melee class, without speed or stealth, are so rare and far between you will start to gain a tiny bit of respect for the people you have cocklocked down for 12 hours a day the past weeks.

and as for irc banning, i don't see the point of making a fh thread about it. its not some official channel for stealthers, its a channel moderated by players who mostly play in a certain way. if you cant show them respect ingame, regardless of realm, why do you even want to be in there?

make another channel for all players, or for players who play like you do, just maybe? :eek7:

Think you`ll find Arumos has a warrior he solos with m8

Ging

Part of the furniture
Tada :)

as if by magic i is teh banned (on this IP ofc)

theslayeruk

Banned
Castus said:
Think you`ll find Arumos has a warrior he solos with m8

Yes and it's also rr3-4 in comparison to his rr11 runemaster and his rr9 warlock, even you aren't as stupid as to not be able to draw a conclusion from that.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
theslayeruk said:
Yes and it's also rr3-4 in comparison to his rr11 runemaster and his rr9 warlock, even you aren't as stupid as to not be able to draw a conclusion from that.
Yeh he prefers cloth to chain:) its a sexual thing brought on from abuse at his private school and made worse by his incarceration in HMP Brixton.:eek2:

rure

Fledgling Freddie
I am amazed that this thread made 120 posts because the threadstarter whined because someone did something mean to him on IRC and what not.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
rure said:
I am amazed that this thread made 120 posts because the threadstarter whined because someone did something mean to him on IRC and what not.

we live in a strange world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom