Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
they couldnt find a publisher for a boxed copy of a 11 year old game rehash, so , yea, they were offered beamdog and took it;)

plus steam takes 20% (i think) of all sales

Meh.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
91 point blackguard , this should be funny <3

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I thought things would be okay today but still downloading at below 1 kb/s

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
I thought things would be okay today but still downloading at below 1 kb/s
My heart sank when I started the download yesterday, it started at 100k sec and started dropping rapidly. I decided to leave it be while I went out. By the time I was ready to leave ten mins later it was up to 350 and was done when I came home. But then I don't have any idea what it went up to while I was out as I have 120 meg broadband.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
maybe shagrat never played the original :)

imho it totally stands up to however much it's aged. it's all in the story and the gameplay. so it's not 2012 graphics... but it's not 199x either (running it on 1920x1080 display), looks fine to me.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Just found the bloodhound gang reference. was that in the first one or is it a new thing?

Mabs

yeah but that was a long time ago, was just wondering if the changes have made it decent or it feels "dated"

it looks like what it is, a bit dated, but its content not Dx11 gfx so ;)

some people are reporting crashes on some soundcards, ive only crashed twice in about 10 hours, and it crashes a lot less than the original nowadays :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Think I will have to buy this, would be rude not to!

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
south of nashkel.
a kobold + an xvart + something else.
not marked as enemies though, and if you talk to the kobold he says "Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother Darryl and this is my other brother Darryl"

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm a bit of research shows it goes back further than the bloodhound gang lyrics to some 80's show.

Mabs

so anyone with time on their hands fancy a multiplayer playthrough ? :D

(possibly pending the multiplayer prloblems being fixed :( )

im putting together a coop group based on time available so if anyone fancies it, let me know what u want to play, will try to sort out something :)

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm potentially interested. I've never played it multiplayer, do you each control one character or something and play through the normal story?

Mabs

you can split it, if theres 6 you get 1 each, if you only have 3 u can have 2 each, etc

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
I see. My problem is that I work shifts (day and night). So between getting ready for work, travelling, then coming home and eating I'm pretty much offline an entire day when I'm in work. So I can't commit to a definite time slot :(

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
I didn't bother with getting amazing stats for my first playthrough, i just wanted to get in the game again. I can't remember, do those stats go up as you level?

Mabs

I didn't bother with getting amazing stats for my first playthrough, i just wanted to get in the game again. I can't remember, do those stats go up as you level?

occasionally, plus u can get Tomes

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
aha! good stuffs. cos i'm 1 strength below being able to use full plate. trying to remember if it was BG1 or BG2 which has Ankheg armour in?

Mabs

bg1
theres some in beregost if u know where to look

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
hmm not come across that, the last time i got some i killed my own ankhegs and got some dude to make it.... the smith in beregost sounds familiar

Mabs

its like the mage ring at friendly arm inn

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
I remember next to nothing about the game tbh :( will have to go looking for some game guide or something. Well. If I decide not to just play it through myself anyway. Been distracted this weekend by world of Warcraft. Been sticking a few levels on my second priest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom