Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
I played Baldur's Gate II Countless of hours when i was a teenager , I still
have it installed and want to give it another try once i finish the Game i am
currently playing . Can't wait for the enhanced version of the first game to
be released so that i can finally play it , because i never did and i would like
to know how it all began .Baldur's Gate series is one of the Most classic
RPGs out there,that would be a real shame not to play it!

It will be released on 18 of September.
Coming for PC , Mac , Ipad and Android ? Awesome!:cool:

Since its initial release in 1998, Baldur's Gate has entertained millions of fans around the globe, and has received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer role-playing games ever since.
Running on an upgraded and improved version of the Infinity Engine, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition™ includes the entire Baldur's Gate adventure, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, and never before seen content including a new adventure, and three new party members: The Calishite Monk Rasaad yn Bashir, Neera the Wild Mage, and Dorn Il-Khan, the evil blackguard.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Windows contains the following enhancements:
  • New Adventure: The Black Pits
  • New Character: Dorn Il-Khan
  • New Character: Neera the Wild Mage
  • New Character: Rasaad yn Bashir
  • A new collection of player character voice sets
  • Native support for high resolution widescreen displays
  • Over 400 improvements to the original game
  • Improved multiplayer support, with connectivity between all platforms
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Windows will be available as a direct download from Beamdog, with no client install necessary. Pre-purchasing will allow you to preload the game, so you can access it immediately after release.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Might actually finally play this, though depends on price.
The price is very reasonable , 19,99 USD (17,99 if you pre purchase) for PC.
Almost at a price of one month subscription for DAoC.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i loved both of those games, but found that BG1 actually is insanely tough after BG2, starting at lvl 1 with 3-4 hp and one spell is kinda tough :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I much preferred BG1 over BG2, even though the interface was better and it was generally a bit more slick in BG2.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Bought BG:EE yesterday , waiting for release to enjoy it .Definetly worth the money !

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
First thing to do is to play it through with a few buds. Going to be great great.

i loved both of those games, but found that BG1 actually is insanely tough after BG2, starting at lvl 1 with 3-4 hp and one spell is kinda tough :)

Yeah. Pretty much everything will 1-hit you in the beginning unless you are playing a fighter straight up. Tho, you do find companions early in the game, but still, everyone is so prone to dying early.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
HEYA ! ITS ME ! IMOEN!
/stab

oh happy days.. i used to play with some people who did serious scripting, and we had a competition to see who could make her die fastest, yay for writing -kill on spawn- scripts for NPCs.. never got old <3

as far as i can tell theyre doing lots of resolution changes, and character classes etc, so its BG2/NWN in bg1 .. how can that not win

Mabs

on an entirely related note
its $19.99, but $17.99 if you prepurchase, which is £12

have bought mine now so win frankly

Adari

Part of the furniture
Why is this game so good? Can somebody explain? :) I don't know much about it, just that it's very popular.

I did play a similar game once i think (planescape torment) but didn't really enjoy that.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
If you didn't enjoy planescape then don't bother. Its very beardy but probably the most amazing storytelling/characters ever in a computer game series. Its difficult, deep, clever, funny.
Honestly rate BG2 as the best game ever made. But like I said, might be a bit inaccessible at first, especially to a D&D novice. The UI is pretty pants and the graphics are ageing (but I still love them and its part of the experience).

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
If you didn't enjoy planescape then don't bother. Its very beardy but probably the most amazing storytelling/characters ever in a computer game series. Its difficult, deep, clever, funny.
Honestly rate BG2 as the best game ever made. But like I said, might be a bit inaccessible at first, especially to a D&D novice. The UI is pretty pants and the graphics are ageing (but I still love them and its part of the experience).
Bit of a sweeping statement. Planescape torment is acquired taste. Baldurs gate is more your mainstream rpg with fighters mages swords dwarves dragons etc etc. I urge you not to ignore it just because you didn't like planescape. I wasn't the worlds greatest fan of planescape but BG is a whole other kettle of fish.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
to elaborate; both games used the infinity engine, both games are role playing games.... but it's like saying that because you don't like skyrim you won't like final fantasy 7 or Disgaia or world of warcraft.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
installing now :D

edit: or not, despite preloading i have a 6hour download,what a shitty fucking client

Mabs

ah give me a min, ill find you the thingy

Mabs

it should unlock 5pm uk time today, by my reckoning

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Whose fucking smart arse idea was it to give these clowns an exclusive on the most important game in the world? I mean come on FFS. Steam for the win.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Both Site and Forum is down :confused:
Whose fucking smart arse idea was it to give these clowns an exclusive on the most important game in the world? I mean come on FFS. Steam for the win.
Patience is a virtue.

:cool:

Mabs

they couldnt find a publisher for a boxed copy of a 11 year old game rehash, so , yea, they were offered beamdog and took it;)

plus steam takes 20% (i think) of all sales

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i keep going from preloaded to needing to download more, anyone else? Im hoping they've just updated the game. Can't actually download anything though,don't expect to play today really.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
i keep going from preloaded to needing to download more, anyone else? Im hoping they've just updated the game. Can't actually download anything though,don't expect to play today really.
I am almost done with downloading the 1.8g Pack, dunno if i will be able to play though...

megadave

I am a FH squatter
which download method are you using? Mine is already 1.8gb but it has now gone from 100% to 92% complete.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
i am downloading the game from the independent client.. that's all.

Mabs

im using the standalone installer, its slow as fuck

i got the first 1.3gig from the torrent, they havent updated it tho

prob going to leave it on overnight, getting 800B/s atm :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom