Bainshee Cone: The ACTUAL RULE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Ok lets look at it from this point of veiw.

You are playing a Spirit master, all of a sudden Mythic says the intercept rate is a bug. So GOA say sorry you must have all pets on aggressive because the intercept rate is a bug. HOw would you feel that part of your class is stripped away.

Basicly bainshees in bridges are good for aoe (though walls oe not) we dont have a tremendious ammount of utility, we are there for one thing and one thing only..damage. Now GOA suddenly say you can't use your aoe spells in bridges (even though aoe was intended to go though bridges) so I suddenly can't use my pbaoe in bridges. I need an extra line of sight where as every other pbaoe class and banelorders can fire the stuff off willy nilly.

I am told I can't use my spells which were perfectly legal in the U.S.

So now, if I have 10 targets in the bridge, you are suggesting I can only use my single target spell so defeat them, I can't use the best tool for the job? and I should let my group die because a few players deem it unethical to use my spells. You find me a player that would do this above the well being of his group and i'll show yo a guy that doesn't perform well in fg RvR.

you sir need to learn you class if you belive its dmg its the only thing a bainshee is good for, you a well played bainshee can interrupt 3 or 4 people at ns range, but most bainshees is to stupid to know and to busy just nuking.

lets say you camp in the maze behind walls, you know there is a fg on the other side, then one enemy come in los, what do you do? cae on one target to abuse the bug? or baseline nuke? i know 99% of bainshee would abuse the bug (and i bet you would too).

its not about if its legal to use cae on a bridge with 10 targets you CAN see and cae (i dont mind that), but i do mind bainshees just spamming cae with 1 target in los and still hitting 10 people.

and tbh i doubt albs have anything to whine about in siege fights, albs got the best tool for siege fight, its called monster ress.

Gamah

Banned
You sir, need to learn to read..Im talking about in bridge situations...yes mates lets taunt the inc casters rather than cone or nuke when they can move out of los.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
lilwhofuckincares.jpg

Rofl :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
So basically if I would get my bainshee and go inside a bridge like on team wizzy vid and get my /level 20 alt from the other realm and put him on clip range but within sight of the bainshee I could cone through the bridge all day without people being able to ban me? interresting.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
mythic should just hurry up n nerf the shit instead. until then, CONE AWAY!

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Jimmi said:
keep on exploiting gamah, you are doing well. Not spoken to a alb that doesn't hate your guts these days. Stay in hib tbh.

I wub gamah!

wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub

But again... im a idiot..

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
In my opinion, goa have already been harder on bainshees than any other class by actually threatening to ban people abusing the cone bug anyway. Where were the ban threats when asd interrupted and every healer was spamming it? or chanter pets that could nuke through walls?

Every time there has been a spell/class/ability that can be abused, we all hear about it via the vn boards/us server people and abuse it to the maximum. But this time goa have said they can and will ban bainshees caught doing it.

My advice to you is to READ the rules on CAE, as gameh has pasted you.. and IF you believe someone is abusing it unfairly.. rightnow it. Other than that, live with it.. cause its not exactly any different than any other situation we've been in before with people exploiting everything they can get away with.

And on a specific note, about Gameh. He runs in our guild group, and I can catagorically tell you that he does NOT abuse cone illeagaly. In fact he goes to some length to avoid it. Any time it is used, its legal according to GoA's rules.

Gamah

Banned
Ironfalcon said:
I wub gamah!

wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub

But again... im a idiot..

Thats a lot of wub :eek:

Toxx

Fledgling Freddie
I think the main problem is this retarded rule they've made up.

You only need LoS on one target to justify using CoE and hitting other people out of LoS.

Thats just such a terrible rule, theres no way you can prove someone isnt following it.

Say im stood on the middle floor of a tower, im against a wall, sat down and i cant be seen from the bridge floor. But no! a bainshee CoE's me, i die. I could record this footage, or whine on irc or FH :p but all the bainshee has to say is "But there was a stealther stood infront of me so i CoE'd" and theres no way you can prove hes lying.

Im not saying ANYONE here has done that. However, to me the rule just screams "HI IM PRETTY MUCH USELESS JUST IGNORE ME".

Oh btw, bainshees dont just "do damage", that non-interuptable, 2300 range, 2 second cast speed, 2 power cost taunt is officially overpowered :(

this comes from someone whos played all 3 realms a lot recently and i play with a bainshee in my guilds hib group, so i'd say my opinion is slightly less biased than most :(

Gamah

Banned
Toxx said:
Oh btw, bainshees dont just "do damage", that non-interuptable, 2300 range, 2 second cast speed, 2 power cost taunt is officially overpowered :(

I didn't say they just did damage, I meant that was the main function in a bridge camp.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
They'll prolly revise this in some future patch though, so cone away! I'm in wow atm anyways, not... bothered... ah that feels good :p

liloe

It's my birthday today!
that makes me laugh tbh. So Mythic gives a shit and GOA play the carebears? rofl

It's like the masters say yes and the minions say no, it really DOES make me laugh. So what's next in line, we get different patches? Our champ weapons have other gfx?

I must say it's good when GOA maintains the Mythic guidelines so much.....

Carter

Banned
liloe said:
that makes me laugh tbh. So Mythic gives a shit and GOA play the carebears? rofl

It's like the masters say yes and the minions say no, it really DOES make me laugh. So what's next in line, we get different patches? Our champ weapons have other gfx?

might aswell add that bainshee alt in your sig, everyone knows it now:m00:

Calo

Part of the furniture
liloe said:

So basicly you are complaining because you want your bainshee to be able to bugabuse? ;)

I'v played it once in a keeptake and seriously, its a very OP class in such situations.

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
I reckon, if on the odd chance 50 Albs die in the lord's room of a keep by coning Bainshees they could all take a screenie of the deathspam.
Surely that would be evidence of bug abuse. Not this kinda thing ever happens...

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
how can you possibly have los when you're face is buried in the wall?

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
i wonder how many of the people playing bainshees and nuking like they do on the bridge actualy whined about warlocks and necros ....?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
lpep said:
i wonder how many of the people playing bainshees and nuking like they do on the bridge actualy whined about warlocks and necros ....?

hehe....ok im gonna enlighten you then:) Dont know if ur new to daoc...or didnt read FH that long?(im honest a bout this). But the whines go in cycles...none of the cata classes are new, first it was warlocs turn to get whined cause they ARE op comparing to the older classes, then it was sorcs turn to get whines...cause they ARE op, and now since we had the recent insta rvr bainshees get whined on...cause they are especially op in those kinda situasions:) So nothing new...the whines just surfacing in this great cycle thats called freddys house^^
So in response to ur question...ofc all in hib prolly whined as alb and mid whined on the other new cata classes. Im sure you whined on something though you played sorc or warloc urself...or something thats been more op then the one you face...its not all that strange you know:)

epoxy

Fledgling Freddie
Its so meny things that are abuse , bainshee is just a part of it .
Like make a ml 10 pet and send in to a tower or keep should be abuse .
or for a warlock to grp with a di 3 bot run in and whipe what even standing close.
or having a pet that dont care about stun timer .
Or swim up and down in water like a retard , why should u not have target the water is not a wall its just water .
and just make a class that can insta kill anything even the hardest tanks.
Or get wery strange shroom targets even tho its fixed ?

Lots more prolly also but for me this is a few of the most important ones.
This is stuff that should not exist in a game u have put a lot of money in to and time to have fun .

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
to join the long going arguement i've avoided for so long...

how can it be fair for any class to be able to attack you when you can't attack them? i mean attacking through walls is lame and should not be allowed... not by caoe, pbaoe or normal aoe...

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Twinky said:
so if u go up on top of tower, get a target, then walk down to gate (still inside) and blast away.. its ok?
Then hes not in los you ****ing :wanker:
Is it really so hard to understand. Guess so if one is playing a coneshee

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
epoxy said:
Its so meny things that are abuse , bainshee is just a part of it .
Like make a ml 10 pet and send in to a tower or keep should be abuse .
or for a warlock to grp with a di 3 bot run in and whipe what even standing close.
or having a pet that dont care about stun timer .
Or swim up and down in water like a retard , why should u not have target the water is not a wall its just water .
and just make a class that can insta kill anything even the hardest tanks.
Or get wery strange shroom targets even tho its fixed ?

Lots more prolly also but for me this is a few of the most important ones.
This is stuff that should not exist in a game u have put a lot of money in to and time to have fun .
If you send in a pet, the pet will hit the target if since its right next to it (LOS). The pet is moust likely to be a melee pet. So nodifference then if a tank went and killed you?

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
inqy said:
how can you possibly have los when you're face is buried in the wall?

Its hard to explain to you, but CAE hits people through walls even WHEN there is some valid targets. Say for example you have 2 albs inside your tower, you cone them, you also hit 3 albs outside of los on the tower wall. Is that the bainshee's fault? Should they 'not be allowed' to cone the 2 valid enemies?

Sure, people abuse it.. no doubt. But people have been abusing stuff since day 1 in this game, so its not exactly new is it?

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Calo said:
So basicly you are complaining because you want your bainshee to be able to bugabuse? ;)

I'v played it once in a keeptake and seriously, its a very OP class in such situations.

I started my bainshee before I even knew about that CAE issue and she's PW specced :p and lvl 48 =)

I think I haven't played her in ages, as I like my druid much more and atm I play Cleric on classic servers =) I don't want to argue about wether the cone is a bugabuse or not, or if it's OP or not, just I find it funny that the company who normally should do nothing more than to offer the same services as in the US has so many different opinions about the game =) I took CAE as example here, but I could go on with the account trading policy or so =)

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
So anyway, I would ask all you whiners if you can hold your hand up and say that you've never exploited or abused any bug (however small) in the game. I bet there wouldnt be many. And to those few I would say; Do whatever you can get away with, cause most people out there will.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Musejedi said:
So anyway, I would ask all you whiners if you can hold your hand up and say that you've never exploited or abused any bug (however small) in the game. I bet there wouldnt be many. And to those few I would say; Do whatever you can get away with, cause most people out there will.

Are you a Labour supporter?

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, yes xD

But seriously, I used to preach about the bug abuse and 'refrain' from using dps debuff/asd on my chanter. But why? There are very few out there who show any such restraint.

So long as bainshee's are following the guidlines set out by GoA, pasted by Gamah.. Its all fair in my eyes.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Musejedi said:
And to those few I would say; Do whatever you can get away with,

Two words...................

Fucking moron.:)

Guess these people don't give jack shit about the overall community of pryd/excal.
Don't worry guys even if it is abuse and you know you wont get banned just use it, as thats was mujse is saying.
People like you are, don't deserve to play games as you just ruin the fun for other.........as long as im alright 'jack' just abuse as many bugs as you can.

What a complete tosser you are. And i bet this is your philosophy in real life to.

Lets go bomb Iraq and kill innocent people as it's okay,:wanker: we can get away with it, so it's ok.

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Why can't whines be like they were on Barrysworld :(

Whines about Perf kiling and not unstealthing and thanes being op'd were much more interesting :p

Tbh, i think most people are fed up with WL / Bainshee whines now... there's no excuse for Sorc whine coz they been op since beta :twak:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom