Bainshee Cone: The ACTUAL RULE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamah

Banned
Right: Bored of the constant whine on IRC by people ignorent of the rules. This is a QUOTE from requiel I was gonna post it before xmas, but due to Tilda bansticks I have been delayed.

Requiel said:
Hello,
We've said it before, but I'll repeat it and feel free to quote me here.
If a Bainshee has a valid target (in range, los etc) then catching other people you don't have los to with your CAE is not abuse. Blasting away with CAE when you don't have a valid target at all (from inside a tower for example) is abuse.

I quizzed Requiel for further Info

"I see, but I read somewhere this rule didn't apply to bridges only towers? can you clear that up for me..obviously I want to know where I stand before making any further play choices regarding use of my cae."

Requiel Replyed

Requiel said:
Currently only outpost pieces (keep walls, keeps and towers) are designed to stop AoE attacks, all other structures (relic temples, bridges, milegates etc) do not stop AoE spells of any kind. This isn't really an issue with most AoE spells due to the very short range and rapid drop off that they generally have, however with CAE it can be a problem and so we maintain our requirement that a Bainshee (or Valkyrie) must have a valid los to at least one target to cast.

So now, if you feel a Bainshee is breaking this rule feel free to head to Rightnow and report.

IF NOT FUCKING DONT PM ME ON IRC WITH YOUR MISINFORMED WHINE.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
well that sucks. maji told me it was legal, so i didn't record some bainshee abusing it to the max. :(

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
still proveds my point of shit players playing shit classes

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Sean.jpg

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Impossible to prove, though.

Every Bainshee will claim they had a legal target when nuking away. The rule means nothing at all. People don't really care about the Bainshee nuking people in the open.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
so if u go up on top of tower, get a target, then walk down to gate (still inside) and blast away.. its ok?

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
keep on exploiting gamah, you are doing well. Not spoken to a alb that doesn't hate your guts these days. Stay in hib tbh.

Gamah

Banned
People hating other people over a game xD Sad. I don't care if people in Alb like me or not, I only play solo on Gamah anyway.

As for having a target and walking no you need a LINE OF SIGHT on your target.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Jimmi said:
keep on exploiting gamah, you are doing well. Not spoken to a alb that doesn't hate your guts these days. Stay in hib tbh.

keep on posting crap, you are doing well.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I like Gamah.

Rly i do!.

And Coldbeard, cos his avatar just plain rox.

Martok

Part of the furniture
@ least gamah posted some decent shit for a change thanks gamah

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I don't play any aoe class, but why should they punish one aoe class for casting a spell through a bridge tower wall, but not another?

If i did play a Bain and didn't read this forum, how would I know if i was breaking a rule by casting a spell the game allows me too? Do players who don't know this is considered los abuse get banned? Believe it or not, relatively few DAoC players read FH.

Where is the official word on GOA's website? Quote that and i'll acknowledge it, if you can't, then there is no such rule. Until i see it in black and white on GOA's website, it's just another ambiguous rumour.

Once again, GOA should fix the problem (if it is a problem, however no one knows as all we hear is the usual "He said, she said" rumours and Chinese whispers), not palm it off on the players.

This thread should not be taken as gospel.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Jimmi said:
who are you? :(

These kind of comments are getting a little dull.

Maybe back before cluster when the higher rr's were more well known by the more casual players it'd work, these guys have yet to build a reputation for themselves.

But when two totally different servers have been put together, every fh user donning their leet cap with the "who are you?" "stfu you newb nobody knows you", gets kinda dull, i'm sure i'm not the only one :p

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
These kind of comments are getting a little dull.

Maybe back before cluster when the higher rr's were more well known by the more casual players it'd work, these guys have yet to build a reputation for themselves.

But when two totally different servers have been put together, every fh user donning their leet cap with the "who are you?" "stfu you newb nobody knows you", gets kinda dull, i'm sure i'm not the only one :p

Please don't say I'm leet. I disgust those people :)

Faril

Banned
conning through walls is utter lame, still ppl do it, and its "allowed" if someone has valid target blabla..
keep on the good work explecta :/

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Common sence ?

Tallen said:
I don't play any aoe class, but why should they punish one aoe class for casting a spell through a bridge tower wall, but not another?

If i did play a Bain and didn't read this forum, how would I know if i was breaking a rule by casting a spell the game allows me too? Do players who don't know this is considered los abuse get banned? Believe it or not, relatively few DAoC players read FH.

Where is the official word on GOA's website? Quote that and i'll acknowledge it, if you can't, then there is no such rule. Until i see it in black and white on GOA's website, it's just another ambiguous rumour.

Once again, GOA should fix the problem (if it is a problem, however no one knows as all we hear is the usual "He said, she said" rumours and Chinese whispers), not palm it off on the players.

This thread should not be taken as gospel.

Well common sence should tell you something is seriously wrong when you hit 20 people you cant see for 600+ damage per sec ?

Gamah said:
People hating other people over a game xD Sad. I don't care if people in Alb like me or not, I only play solo on Gamah anyway.

As for having a target and walking no you need a LINE OF SIGHT on your target.

Well Gammah, the thing is. This is peoples hard earned spare time. Which they pay money for. When a few people does what ever they can to exploit the rules to their maximum to ruin this hard earned spare time for you, you will not like that person. They dont like you because you choose to find your joys by ruining the game for others. And this only because Mythic hasnt come up with a code to fix it yet. (Or rather the code hasnt reached GOA yet). Thats a valid feeling in my opinion, dont you think ?

Wouldnt it be decent of you to actually try and not use the bug out of curtesey for those you chare this spare time with?

/Charmangle

Platina

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Well Gammah, the thing is. This is peoples hard earned spare time. Which they pay money for. When a few people does what ever they can to exploit the rules to their maximum to ruin this hard earned spare time for you, you will not like that person. They dont like you because you choose to find your joys by ruining the game for others. And this only because Mythic hasnt come up with a code to fix it yet. (Or rather the code hasnt reached GOA yet). Thats a valid feeling in my opinion, dont you think ?

Wouldnt it be decent of you to actually try and not use the bug out of curtesey for those you chare this spare time with?

/Charmangle
me thinks gamah played whit chinese people in diablo :(

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Keep walls, keeps and towers my ass. They did a mighty fine job at not allowing cone's going through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom