Baby its cold outside...

russell

FH is my second home
I am freezing today -cant get warm and I am not normally a 'cold' person.

With central heating is it better to leave your thermostat on at a set temp (15-20 degrees?) and just let your heating kick in when it goes under that temp...
or should you have it programmed to come on at set times?

What do you do?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
turn it on when we get cold pre sets of 1-3 hours at a time

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Wine helps :D

Umm, blanket? I dunno, heating is done with radiators in Finland and it's nice and t-shirty inside all round year.

russell

FH is my second home
Wine does help -but i'm all out of it and its only 16.15 here:D

Have got a new brushed cotton duvet set and fleecy cardi -just curious what most people do with their central heating...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I stick a hoodie on if feeling chilly. If cold, whack on the central heating 15-20, let the radiators get nice n hot, then when feeling too warm, turn it down or off. Wehave ours on timers in the winter, but we obviously override it when cold & stick it on constant.

Bake a cake - leave the oven door open, sit in the kitchen with gallons of tea & the TV /radio / good book. Eat cake.

russell

FH is my second home
What, like running laps around the kitchen whilst eating cake:p

russell

FH is my second home
Do you frequent shopping centres in said hoody Lamp sniffing out cake?? x

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Do housework. You'll be surprised how much warmer you feel by doing some hoovering, dusting, putting in / out a washing.

When it gets very cold, I usually wear a thermal vest / long johns under my normal clothes which stops me feeling cold.

russell

FH is my second home
date and walnut or victorian sponge?;)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
got to have nuts in it :)

now just imagine - Christmas time - dark outside, starting to snow, fairy lights up, cake baking in the oven, ahhh!

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
I tell customers at work to set there thermostat to around 10-15 and leave it on all the time (winter time) reason for this is it will use less fuel to go from 10-15 up to 15-20 when your cold than it world be if it was starting from say -1(or what ever the temp is) and going up to 15-20.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I stick a hoodie on if feeling chilly. If cold, whack on the central heating 15-20, let the radiators get nice n hot, then when feeling too warm, turn it down or off. Wehave ours on timers in the winter, but we obviously override it when cold & stick it on constant.

Bake a cake - leave the oven door open, sit in the kitchen with gallons of tea & the TV /radio / good book. Eat cake.

Surely a God among men :clap:

russell

FH is my second home
Do housework. You'll be surprised how much warmer you feel by doing some hoovering, dusting, putting in / out a washing.

When it gets very cold, I usually wear a thermal vest / long johns under my normal clothes which stops me feeling cold.

wow you do housework?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Yes, my girlfriend is lazy. It's the price I pay for having a girlfriend much younger and hotter than me.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Get back to the kitchen, maybe make a man some food as well, the oven should warm the place up a bit.

;)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Was 0.6 when i left for work this morning, the air felt nice and crisp. another few degrees lover and i have to take out my thicker jacket. Hope we get a cold winter like the last one...

russell

FH is my second home
Yes, my girlfriend is lazy. It's the price I pay for having a girlfriend much younger and hotter than me.

well yes, I guess that is a fair price to pay.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Half of the battle is keeping your feet warm. If they feel warm often the rest of you will follow.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I have a naughty image in my head now :p

Don't abuse the cake.

Was 0.6 when i left for work this morning, the air felt nice and crisp. another few degrees lover and i have to take out my thicker jacket. Hope we get a cold winter like the last one...

Yes, love how the cold overwhelms you, with its fresh air going down the lungs, filling you with..freshness. Can't get cold enough!

- English -

Resident Freddy
It was down to 0 oC last night in Denmark, was freezing my tits off while working. Just ordered some sealskinz gloves and socks for the long cold winter ahead :(

russell

FH is my second home
Cold outside -yes love it too- but cold inside -thats the prob. Nevermind. Just been out without a coat (go me). But am now in jim jams, snuggled in my clean brushed cotton sheets mmmmmm toasty!

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Today, October 9th it was 27 degrees celcius here in Washington DC :(

I'm just not built for this climate at all

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
It's the middle of october FFS it shouldn't be this hot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom