Australia ponders ban on HIV positive immegrants!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
The thing most people seem to forget when saying Brits could go a do farm work for £5.90 a hour too. But how may Brittish people do you know who would sleep 5 people in a living room to house share so they can afford to live on that money. At my old job there was a real ly nice polish fork lift truck driver who was sharing a house with 12 other polish people so his cost of living is practically nothing.

I can understand when people say you could do that work but unless you live with your parents farm work ect even more so now with the imigrants willing to do it, dose not pay enough for you to live on.

The polish live on the bare minimum in order to send as much home as possible. I used to work in a warehouse with 5 poles, only luxery I see they use is cigerettes, they all smoke like chimnies!

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
That was taken a bit out of context don't you think?

So, him saying immigrants have made it so that no one in England speaks English makes him a much better person?
The rest of the quote was not relevant, that was why I didn't quote all of his post.
Like I take this sentence out of the context it was posted in, because the rest is not relevant.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So, him saying immigrants have made it so that no one in England speaks English makes him a much better person?
The rest of the quote was not relevant, that was why I didn't quote all of his post.
Like I take this sentence out of the context it was posted in, because the rest is not relevant.

But i believe he was saying, in not so nice words, that "Well there's so many people in england allready from other countries that i don't mind this or that way about more of them."

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
But i believe he was saying, in not so nice words, that "Well there's so many people in england allready from other countries that i don't mind this or that way about more of them."

I get your point, even though I don't agree.

In my eyes he was saying "I don't give a fuck about those that aren't English." The reasons for him saying this was stated afterwards, but the fact remains that he said, whatever I quoted.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I get your point, even though I don't agree.

In my eyes he was saying "I don't give a fuck about those that aren't English." The reasons for him saying this was stated afterwards, but the fact remains that he said, whatever I quoted.

Well, guess it's up to him to say...but...*shrug*

If he indeed meant "they suck" then it's a twatty thing to say.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
The thing most people seem to forget when saying Brits could go a do farm work for £5.90 a hour too. But how may Brittish people do you know who would sleep 5 people in a living room to house share so they can afford to live on that money. At my old job there was a real ly nice polish fork lift truck driver who was sharing a house with 12 other polish people so his cost of living is practically nothing.

I can understand when people say you could do that work but unless you live with your parents farm work ect even more so now with the imigrants willing to do it, dose not pay enough for you to live on.

I've earned much less than that in the past and lived a pretty good life. I'm not sure i'd go back to it. My first full time job i earned under 8k pre tax and had a great time, lived with dodgy students for 30 quid a week but we had a laugh. When i first moved to london i was earning 16k which worked out about 6 quid an hour for the hours i worked, maybe even less and i managed to get by even though i was paying nearly 500 a month in rent as i lived in a poncy area, i later moved somewhere when it was costing me less than half that, but i've always lived in ok places and had my own room.

5.70 is actually pretty good money if you can put the hours in and a lot more than most of us here probably started on when we move out of home i suspect.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
fuck all the pc police sick of the wankers, look whats happened to england alrdy, well it's basically not england anymore.

Welcome to 2007, welcome to globalisation.

Best is to build a huge wall around the isle and cut all oversee connections (be it energy or data or whatever).

Idiot.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Yes. Let some of the other countries within the EU, yes the European Union, such as France, Germany, Spain, Italy etc, take some responsibility and let people in.

Look at France, the security around Calais is a joke, its like they want the immegrants to jump the Channel.

Do you see people lining up to move to Poland/Slovakia etc? Of course you don't. But they are safe countries, yes?

If they wanted safety, they would move there. But no, they come to Britain. And why?

Because they will get a house, benefits and the works as well as the "safety" they require. Poland etc would just give them safety?

All those countries they pass through, about half are in the European Union. So why not stay there? Is it because those countries do not pussyfoot around and say "look, if your not going to work, fuck off?"

Britain has gone soft, Im loving what the Aussies are doing tbh. They vet "everyone" on health and if they can do a decent days work, ie bring something good to the country. Not sit around on thier arses, claiming benefits and moaning about how thier "human rights" are being abused. Hell, some even claim all they can and then slag us and our culture down, even inciting racial hatred in some cases, like the Abu Hamza bloke.

I don't have a problem with people coming here that are healthy, want to work thier arses off and behave themselves, not these who come over and demand things, then whine about their Human Rights when they get it tbh.

There are people and people. Some people in Poland are highly educated, have a master degree in chemistry at the age of 24 for example with the best possible grade and they don't get a job in Poland. Some people in Poland have a job but no perspective or the perspective to lose it, they feel exploited.

Such people move to where they can get a job. It's called demand and supply.

They start to work regardless of the job, so they can have a 20m² appartment for two and some food and hope that if they work hard it will be recognized and they will get the possiblity to get a better position and that they can save some money. Maybe they will stay or maybe they will go back after years of work. I for sure know what until some months ago they had to pay taxes and England and in Poland until an agreement has been made.

~600k people have moved in to Great Britain in the last year afair, ~1m polish people moved out of Poland last year to different countries.

I assume most of them are hard working people and paying taxes and the very minority is into criminal things.

About insulting your culture, your bread is shit, fish and chips daily are unhealthy, anything I am missing?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
About insulting your culture, your bread is shit, fish and chips daily are unhealthy, anything I am missing?

You are entitled to your opinion, except your not ithcing to get over here and claim some of our lovely benefits now, are you?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I've earned much less than that in the past and lived a pretty good life. I'm not sure i'd go back to it. My first full time job i earned under 8k pre tax and had a great time, lived with dodgy students for 30 quid a week but we had a laugh. When i first moved to london i was earning 16k which worked out about 6 quid an hour for the hours i worked, maybe even less and i managed to get by even though i was paying nearly 500 a month in rent as i lived in a poncy area, i later moved somewhere when it was costing me less than half that, but i've always lived in ok places and had my own room.

5.70 is actually pretty good money if you can put the hours in and a lot more than most of us here probably started on when we move out of home i suspect.

My first job i worked 14 hours a day for £75 pound a week and i lived well, rent free at my parents.

But the point of getting a job is to move out get your own house/flat and start your own life. £5.70 a hour on a 40 hour week ) im not sure the most hours you are allowed to work for one employer but i know there is a limit) gets you £11865. If you try to buy a house with a 100% mortgage at 5 times your wages you get £60000 depending on area that is a one bedroom flat.

I have nothing agaist imigrants coming in and doing those jobs if they want too. BUT if we did not have so many imigrants working for minimum wage it might force the goverment to raise the minimum wage so more people will try. As it stands most kids would rather sit in doors and sign on that earn £12k year breaking your back in a field.

Makes me glad my parents did not give me that option really ;)

you could try to sue the Brittish goverment because the St Georges Cross is Racist and then sue the local butchers for having a pig in the window which offends you

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
You are entitled to your opinion, except your not ithcing to get over here and claim some of our lovely benefits now, are you?

It's not even like England is well known for their benefits.. Just because it's better than the US doesen't make it good :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
It's not even like England is well known for their benefits.. Just because it's better than the US doesen't make it good :p

What other country gives you a house £125 a week and full health care for nothing?

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
The polish are very hard workers and I see no problem at all in them being over here aslong as they are paying the taxes like we are and not getting some special treatment.

They move here not for benefits because what they earn here is so much better than whatever they would be earning at home. Most of them that come over work their arses off and live off nothing so they can send the money home to their families so they can try and have a better life.

Saying that though there is a lazy ass Polish guy in pot wash at the restaurant I work in. He just stands there and when the dishes pile up mega high, he will clean like one or two trays :p

but then again we also hire a crazy man for potwash so I dunno where they find em.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
My first job i worked 14 hours a day for £75 pound a week and i lived well, rent free at my parents.

But the point of getting a job is to move out get your own house/flat and start your own life. £5.70 a hour on a 40 hour week ) im not sure the most hours you are allowed to work for one employer but i know there is a limit) gets you £11865. If you try to buy a house with a 100% mortgage at 5 times your wages you get £60000 depending on area that is a one bedroom flat.
Lol, i earn well in excess of 30k a year as does my good lady wife and we can't afford to buy a house these days, well not without giving up food for a few years. Admittedly that is in london, but that said i've got friends working as temps and call center workers who afford their rent, bills and beer money.

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Its lovely how ppl view immigrants as hardened criminals who rape, steal and murder. Thank god the europeans didnt go to africa, asia and south america for hundreds of years, stealing, raping and murdering the native population. I dont undetstand why social welfare and healthcare is only for the british citizens. Thats not a welfare state, but a fascist state. reminds me of Germany in the 30s.
What other country gives you a house £125 a week and full health care for nothing?
The scandinavian countries has allways been famous for its social equality and its will to help others in need. Atleast thats how it has been, untill the danes elected a rightwing government.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Lol, i earn well in excess of 30k a year as does my good lady wife and we can't afford to buy a house these days, well not without giving up food for a few years. Admittedly that is in london, but that said i've got friends working as temps and call center workers who afford their rent, bills and beer money.

with 60k a year coming in the only reason you cant buy a house is if you don't want to give up the lifestyle renting has given you you could get a 240k mortgage easily. That is a awesome 1 bedroom flat in central London ;)

a Mate of mine he and his wife earn about 40 between them and they have a house its hard work but better than throwing money away renting imo.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
with 60k a year coming in the only reason you cant buy a house is if you don't want to give up the lifestyle renting has given you you could get a 240k mortgage easily. That is a awesome 1 bedroom flat in central London ;)

a Mate of mine he and his wife earn about 40 between them and they have a house its hard work but better than throwing money away renting imo.

Well, i dunno about you, but i'm paying well under 1000 for a lovely 3 bedroomed, 3 reception (with a garden) house in one of the nicest bits of london, so why would i swap that for 1500+ a month+ ground rent/facilities charges to live in a 1bed flat in a grotty bit of london :) + a mortgage on where i currently live wuld be closer to 3000 a month... And who is the one making the bad decisions here :)

I fully intend to buy some day, but i'm not willing to live in a shite property in a dodgy area to do so and then not be able to eat nice food because of the cost of the mortgage

soze

I am a FH squatter
Well, i dunno about you, but i'm paying well under 1000 for a lovely 3 bedroomed, 3 reception (with a garden) house in one of the nicest bits of london, so why would i swap that for 1500+ a month+ ground rent/facilities charges to live in a 1bed flat in a grotty bit of london :) + a mortgage on where i currently live wuld be closer to 3000 a month... And who is the one making the bad decisions here :)

I fully intend to buy some day, but i'm not willing to live in a shite property in a dodgy area to do so and then not be able to eat nice food because of the cost of the mortgage

I dont work in london but in essex to rent would have cost £600 i got a house 30 minute drive away for £800 a month mortgage and thats making me money now :)

I personally would not rent as its giving money away even if your purchased a grotty house it would still be making you money :) Its a personal thing i suppose. Also where i live made my choice easier also

My point was not about if its better to rent or buy more the only reason i wanted a job was to buy a house and car of my own and £12k a year would not get that for me.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

some places there really is no real option but to rent, we could not afford to buy (even if a house became available) where i want to live, as it stands we pay £450 a month for a 2 bed 300 year old cottage, oak beams, fire place in the lounge and arger in the kitchen :) Its from a friend of the family so we got lucky.

We do intend to buy when we can...its just a case of waiting it out for something to become available (and affordable)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom