Audio Books?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Does anyone know anything about audio books? From a google search I can see that some companies offer downloads of books in MP3 format so would be interested if anyone has experience of this.

To cut a long story short my uncle is terminally ill in hospital and, although he loves books, he is too fatigued to lie there and physically read a book. I am in two minds whether to buy him a small personal tape player and some cassettes or an ipod, or similar, and download some books for him. He is 74, mind, so not very good with gadgets.

Would be very grateful for any information or advice from forumites. Many thanks.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
We did this with my 95 yr old great aunt, she was given a rubbish magnifying glass and even I couldnt read with that thing so we just got a standard cassette walkman and a bunch of tapes from book shops and stuff.

Would he be able to read the screen to select the book from an ipod? Might be better off with a walkman.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Play.com sell audiobooks on cd, although they're not that cheap depending on what you want. Could get a cheap portable cd player with those if it's any use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom