Book Database Inquiry

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's like the bible for Crusading historians too, I'm not even joking - My Diss supervisor has one, but it's falling apart and he doesn't hand it out, he lets people read it in his presence. - You can understand why.

It's basically gives a huge account of the First Crusade up to (I think) the Third Crusade.

However, its my job to explain that is the Bible - IE, a load of bullshit, he made alot of shit up - I'm surprised it's not been re-published.

Can't you just do your work using the ebook and then schedule some time with your supervisor at the end to get the page refs? If you have the chapter and para refs already that shouldn't be that big a deal?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The book doesn't contain all that much in the way of easy referencing. Page numbers are pretty much all there is.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Can't you just do your work using the ebook and then schedule some time with your supervisor at the end to get the page refs? If you have the chapter and para refs already that shouldn't be that big a deal?

It's a 15k dissertation doing that in one sitting would be mental.

Besides, he's gone moderator moderator, he can't respond to queries

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The book doesn't contain all that much in the way of easy referencing. Page numbers are pretty much all there is.

It does, each paragraph is numbered with a heading what that paragraph is about

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ah yeah, the paragraphs are in fact numbered. They don't appear to have paragraph titles though in the one I am downloading, sub titled chapters though.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's a 15k dissertation doing that in one sitting would be mental.

Besides, he's gone moderator moderator, he can't respond to queries

I don't think it would be as time-consuming as you'd think; prepare a spreadsheet with each para ref and plough through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom