News Attention everyone

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Well i think everyone has made valid point but all you keep saying is "People just arent making decent reasons" all the bloody time. Everyone is saying how they feel on here and the feedback place

Oh and because the vote isnt going your way suddenly everyone just misunderstood?

Sorry? The vote for a change is very much winning. Both options for change have a clear lead and as I said earlier alot of people have voted against a merge but were not presented with an option of a move to main page which they may well have voted for.

People may have made valid points but they are all the same, fear of change rather than matters of substance. I am sorry Sparx, you are a good bloke and I have alot of time for you but we are not going to agree on this I fear.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Clearly we arent but like all people who want change Hitler, Stalin you my friend will be defeated

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Clearly we arent but like all people who want change Hitler, Stalin you my friend will be defeated

Ghandi, Martin Luther King and JFK all wanted change too, in time they all won because it made sense and fear of change can not prevail forever.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Sorry? The vote for a change is very much winning. Both options for change have a clear lead and as I said earlier alot of people have voted against a merge but were not presented with an option of a move to main page which they may well have voted for.

People may have made valid points but they are all the same, fear of change rather than matters of substance. I am sorry Sparx, you are a good bloke and I have alot of time for you but we are not going to agree on this I fear.

OMG whats this stupid fear of change crap you keep spouting?? Nothing to do with fear and everything to do with not wanting to change what is working fine. You want to post on General go ahead ffs dont drag the rst of us along so you can be near your bum chums. The people in OT already clearly do not want it, or the majority dont anyway.

If general or some such other place is fucking dead let them come to our side of the forum why should we move /merge /attach/ bend /adjust whatever you want to call?

You want a good reason? I dont want to simple.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
OMG whats this stupid fear of change crap you keep spouting?? Nothing to do with fear and everything to do with not wanting to change what is working fine. You want to post on General go ahead ffs dont drag the rst of us along so you can be near your bum chums. The people in OT already clearly do not want it, or the majority dont anyway.

If general or some such other place is fucking dead let them come to our side of the forum why should we move /merge /attach/ bend /adjust whatever you want to call?

You want a good reason? I dont want to simple.

Deary me, personal abuse now, is that what this is coming to?

First of all, again I will make it clear because you keep dodging it. Moving into main page IS NOT moving into General. Either you are missing the point or I am not being clear enough.

Second, you want the people from General to all move out to a sub-forum of a sub-forum of a sub-forum for a long dead game they never played just so they can contribute to an active board. Letting General die in the process so we can all hang out together in the shadows? Where is the logic in that?

Third 'You want a good reason? I dont want to simple.' is about the sum of your argument, you don't want change so therefore we cannot change. For the life of me I cannot understand why you are taking this stance and with such a harsh tone.

tierk

Part of the furniture
not entirely true if you look at the votes. still, be vocal. FH staff, while incredibly handsome and well-endowed, are not physic. we need you to tell us what you think!

Pretty much every regular OT poster is set against change it. Last i checked 19 peeps against the move and from reading the names those are pretty much all OT posters. I saw a couple of scabs on the other two options but only a limited number :(

As for those that do not post in OT saying we should move, FOOOOK RIGHT OOOOOF the lot of yea and move yerselves.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Pretty much every regular OT poster is set against change it. Last i checked 19 peeps against the move and from reading the names those are pretty much all OT posters. I saw a couple of scabs on the other two options but only a limited number :(

As for those that do not post in OT saying we should move, FOOOOK RIGHT OOOOOF the lot of yea and move yerselves.

Nonsense plain and simple. Alot of OT members are happy with a move as long as it is not into General. The vote does not lie. However the no vote does decieve somewhat because the 'move into general page' option was never presented. You will lose at least 6 of those no votes if the arguement for a move to main page is presented properly.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
However the no vote does decieve somewhat because the 'move into general page' option was never presented. You will lose at least 6 of those no votes if the arguement for a move to main page is presented properly.

What you on about?

Yes, merge it with FH General
Yes, make it a subforum of FH General
No, leave it where it is

Its right there, everyone can see it in the votes

tierk

Part of the furniture
First of all, again I will make it clear because you keep dodging it. Moving into main page IS NOT moving into General. Either you are missing the point or I am not being clear enough.

Ok it seems maybe i am ot being clear enough. Leave it well alone. Nothing wrong with OT being were it is, it has been fine all this time in a sub section of a sub section of a sub section of a sub section.

Second, you want the people from General to all move out to a sub-forum of a sub-forum of a sub-forum for a long dead game they never played just so they can contribute to an active board. Letting General die in the process so we can all hang out together in the shadows? Where is the logic in that?

Ok seems that the only person missing the point here is you. I dont want the people in General to do anything at all, I am not suggesting it you are the one doing all the suggestions. I couldnt careless about the people in General posting, not posting, watching not watching reading not reading.

I am suggesting you leave well alone the people in OT that have all played together for the last god knows how long online in the game and on these forums.

Third 'You want a good reason? I dont want to simple.' is about the sum of your argument, you don't want change so therefore we cannot change. For the life of me I cannot understand why you are taking this stance and with such a harsh tone.

LOL back to this again?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I assumed thats what the second option meant

No, second option means putting it into General as a subforum alongside News and Help etc...

I don't think that will work, we need to move into main page. Seperate from General but still easily accessible for new members and general forum posters if they want to contribute.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
No, second option means putting it into General as a subforum alongside News and Help etc...

I don't think that will work, we need to move into main page. Seperate from General but still easily accessible for new members and general forum posters if they want to contribute.

So tell me, how is reworking the forums going increase unique traffic?

Deebs can you tell us how much unique hits the main pages get?

If we arent getting any unique hits in the first place then its pointless

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
What you on about?

Yes, merge it with FH General
Yes, make it a subforum of FH General
No, leave it where it is

Its right there, everyone can see it in the votes

NO.

Move into main page is not an option on the vote.

Main page is here...

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/index.php

I assumed thats what the second option meant

truth be told, Deebs did make that poll in a hurry. if you feel you have a better option...stop frothing for a second and present it coherently. you'll hear soon enough if he missed out your option because his nose sucks all the blood out of his brain...or because he doesn't want it to happen.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I think I might need to be clearer. The move we want is to here, somewhere between General and Tech Discussion would be ideal...

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/index.php

The second option in vote was a move to here alongside Feedback, News and Articles...

General - FreddysHouse

That no longer seems viable, too many people do not want to become part of General. That is ok. Keep OT seperate but more easily accessible for everyone on the main page.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
truth be told, Deebs did make that poll in a hurry. if you feel you have a better option...stop frothing for a second and present it coherently. you'll hear soon enough if he missed out your option because his nose sucks all the blood out of his brain...or because he doesn't want it to happen.

It might be my fault too bud, maybe I wasn't clear enough and made too many posts that confused the situation. Hopefully we can get this back on track and convince people that a move to main page is in everyones interest.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
And forgetting about the Generals for a second. If the majority of OT vote against a move will you drop it?

The OT vote is more important imo as its us that are potentially relocating

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
What I don´t understand is: why the frenetic enthusiasm? What does a change get you? FH general may be dying, but that´s how it is. I don´t care about FH general. They all had their chance to grow a community and obviously failed.
This section, on the other hand, isn´t going to die anytime soon. It´s not a "fear of something new" as you guys never fail to repeat. It´s simply a "why should we?".

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
And forgetting about the Generals for a second. If the majority of OT vote against a move will you drop it?

The OT vote is more important imo as its us that are potentially relocating

Sparx, I have been talking about this for a long time because I believe it is very important for the long term health of both Freddyshouse and Off Topic. For that reason I can never totally let it drop. However, give Deebs some time, if he decides it could be a go-er and gives us a poll with an introduction that explains things clearer then I will have to live with it if the vote goes against.

One last thing, a number of General forum users drop by OT occasionally, denying them a vote would be plain wrong and I am strongly opposed to that. Like it or not Freddyshouse is community (split or not) and pretending that General users don't count when it comes to a vote is neither healthy nor fair. Yes they are not being asked to move but they still want us to move out of DAoC so they can take part in our community more easily, you shouldn't punish them for that by removing denying them a vote.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Your going on as if they have to climb 5 mountains and wrestle a tiger to post

Everyone else can jump between the 2 easy enough. I read General everday i may not post all the time but i do read and i have no problem at all going there and back. Can do it on the one travelcard

And yes i think the OT vote is more important as its our home thats being asked to move no-one elses

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Yes, but a change affects OT more than it does affect them.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
What I don´t understand is: why the frenetic enthusiasm? What does a change get you? FH general may be dying, but that´s how it is. I don´t care about FH general. They all had their chance to grow a community and obviously failed.
This section, on the other hand, isn´t going to die anytime soon. It´s not a "fear of something new" as you guys never fail to repeat. It´s simply a "why should we?".

You make a good point but think of it this way, Deebs has been running this forum for a bloody long time, some of his best friends are General forum users. If that forum dies and Off Topic is slowing dropping in numbers then what is the incentive for him to continue paying out of his own pocket to keep this place going?

If you think that this place not dying off anytime soon couldn't happen I fear you might be wrong, Deebs has the traffic stats but I bet numbers of active users is down 50% on the numbers of 2 years ago. Off Topic is not dying but without very active members such as Ezteq, Ch3tan, myself, Thot and a dozen or so others (sorry not to name more names but you all know who you are) this part of the forum would be dead on it's arse.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Ive been in this situation before on a website. It was massive dontstayin.com really huge. They didnt listen to their fanbase and changed things. It killed the site in months

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Question: would "they" do the same for us?
If - say - the WoW section was the most active section on FH and this OT would be dying.... would they move to another forum area just to make it easier for us to find a new home?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yes, but a change affects OT more than it does affect them.

Still effects them though, there is no getting around that. Deebs will want to keep everyone happy so why not help him by at least being prepared to consider the compromise option?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ive been in this situation before on a website. It was massive dontstayin.com really huge. They didnt listen to their fanbase and changed things. It killed the site in months

Sparx, legit question and not baiting.

Why does OT in the main page change things? Not, general, main page.

All I can see happening is less clicks or a bookmark change, more people looking in and contributing, maybe even sticking around.

You are worried about more trolling or people being abusive? Legit concern but it can be addressed by good moderating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom