News Attention everyone

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
So, let me get this straight, Off Topic would become a subforum of General?

Sub forum or ideally on the main trunk itself. If people don't want to merge then fine but lets not hide OT in the bowels of a dead game anymore please. :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
bah I like being hidden in the depths, it's like some weird old pub that's down a dark back alley (easy Cho) where the locals are equally weird and old...and yes occasionally busy down dark back alleys themselves (...ok, Cho now you come in)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Added a poll to Chet's post in the Feedback forum.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
bah I like being hidden in the depths, it's like some weird old pub that's down a dark back alley (easy Cho) where the locals are equally weird and old...and yes occasionally busy down dark back alleys themselves (...ok, Cho now you come in)

Time to stop being a freak and go out in public once in a while methinks! :D

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
This subforum is alive and kicking. There´s a pretty unique atmosphere (at least that´s what I think) in here and I guess that - if you would merge this forum into general, I assume a couple of people would just leave. That´s not meant to be a threat or anything, it´s just that some posters here appreciate the familiar atmosphere and the occasional Toth bashing. :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
This subforum is alive and kicking. There´s a pretty unique atmosphere (at least that´s what I think) in here and I guess that - if you would merge this forum into general, I assume a couple of people would just leave. That´s not meant to be a threat or anything, it´s just that some posters here appreciate the familiar atmosphere and the occasional Toth bashing. :)

We are not talking about a merge as much as a move, either as a sub forum of General or into the main forum. I would really like to see peoples views on those options.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Yes, I know. And that was my opinion. :)
Maybe we should start a poll right here to see what people think.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Yes, I know. And that was my opinion. :)
Maybe we should start a poll right here to see what people think.

you could try but as soon as anyone approaches it Cho'll be yelling 'get em off' and trying to shove Aldi vouchers down our thermals.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
you could try but as soon as anyone approaches it Cho'll be yelling 'get em off' and trying to shove Aldi vouchers down our thermals.

I am on M&S vouchers this month after working a few 70 hour weeks. :D SHAKE IT BABY!

tierk

Part of the furniture
I'm open for bribes. Apple Pie, Carrot Cake, hot sister pics. I assure you all will be carefully evaluated!

I can always send you some more of my bum in a thong snaps :D

Oh and for those that want to merge or move ....whatever you wanna call it, why dont you just go and post away as much as you like on these other sections.

Go on fuck off the lot of ya and dont expect the rest of us to join ya allwhite?!&^%$!@@?!:p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I did not read "tierk's bum" in the row "Apple Pie, Carrot Cake, hot sister pics" :eek:

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
The real problem here is that general is dying slowly, right?

Merging doesn't sound like such a good idea, but I couldn't care less about moving. None of the forums are getting new regular posters as far as I know, so I don't think anything will change.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I have to agree with the majority of people. Leave it as it is. I like the people here, I like the discussions and like Ez said, it's like an old and selective pub. Everyone knows everyone else and while brining new blood into it might not be such a bad thing, I think moving OT to the main stage would be like turning a quiet local into a wine bar. All the regulars would fuck off and be replaced by yuppies drinking appletinis.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
You know, I still haven't heard one decent arguement against yet. It has all been about keeping OT 'unique and quirky' (moving doesn't change that, a merge might). As for hidden away, all that does is increase the chance of OT dying a slow death because we don't pull in new members, it smacks of 'this is a local pub for locals. Then we have the people who don't like general forum members, well we have ignore for that and it works very well. If enough people complain about abuse Deebs and the mods will act, not matter how long the offender has been a part of the FH/BW community.

All I have seen so is fear of change, even if that means a slow death for OT and Freddyshouse.

I urge you all to consider this before you decide, there is nothing wrong with seeing reason and changing your mind or being prepared to take a risk.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I may not post, but i read OT every day and i liek where it is.

Ditto for me, I prefer the topics to. Bit more light hearted and good banter with the odd arguement :flame: I find the General section to be like that Grumpy Old men program when ppl like jeremy clarkson just rant about stuff, It can be good but then gets boring for me. Compared to off-topic its more things I might have things in common with and might be bothered to sometimes express my opinion on occasionaly. For example..Footy thread, Game threads like SC2+WoW+dragon age and The Ashes.

Dont take this to heart though Im one of the newer DAOC players and being 21 I cba with the news. I dont watch the news as its depressing and I i'd rather look at edmonds booby pics, over who leaked what and which leader hasn't stuck to there politcal campaign promises? I dunno whats going on with uni's but I do find the riots and demonstrations amusing, thats my PoV of most of the news anyway hehe.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
If enough people complain about abuse Deebs and the mods will act, not matter how long the offender has been a part of the FH/BW community.

All I have seen so is fear of change, even if that means a slow death for OT and Freddyshouse.

I urge you all to consider this before you decide, there is nothing wrong with seeing reason and changing your mind or being prepared to take a risk.

I don't want it to change because Off topic is a DAOC forum me, It wouldnt be if it went to general.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I don't want it to change because Off topic is a DAOC forum me, It wouldnt be if it went to general.

Max, we are likely to move into the main page of the board, moving directly into General or as a subforum of General is not proving popular so the compromise move is the one most likely if it gets the nod.

I know you play DAoC but are you aware that probably 90% of the OT regulars haven't played DAoC for many years? We have no attachment to that game anymore and OT being hidden away is not helping make Freddyshouse a more attractive proposition when it's most popular section is hidden away from casual user or new visitors.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Yeah well I said don't take my opinion to heart, I use this forum to get like minded gamers opinions on things not for the community; since I may have been a member for a year but only posted in recent months :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yeah well I said don't take my opinion to heart, I use this forum to get like minded gamers opinions on things not for the community; since I may have been a member for a year but only posted in recent months :)

A year or not you are one of us and I am certainly not taking anything anyone says to heart. :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
well, there is definately a different feel to each forum, for example i read about Mass effect, starcraft, Wow, DAoC, comic book films etc in OT, whereas in General they seem to be more focused on Bikes, cars, politics etc (not that there arent that kind of thread in OT, but if you look at the top threads of all time in OT, you notice they are to do with pubic shaving, football, and spam)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
well, there is definately a different feel to each forum, for example i read about Mass effect, starcraft, Wow, DAoC, comic book films etc in OT, whereas in General they seem to be more focused on Bikes, cars, politics etc (not that there arent that kind of thread in OT, but if you look at the top threads of all time in OT, you notice they are to do with pubic shaving, football, and spam)

They need us to liven the place up with pokey bum wanks and crotch shaving tbh! :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just to be clear, I think both mine and Cho's initial idea was to get OT out of Daoc. Not as a sub-forum of anything. It should be it's own forum on the main index. At the moment people don't go to DAOC, because well... they have nothing to do with DAOC. OT is hidden.

All those saying leave it as it is, did you actually read what was proposed or just say "oh no change no" and curl up in a ball?

The forum is fragmented, and it's not got a huge user base anymore. Cutting OT from DAOC and making it OT for the entire forum should have happened long ago.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
This thread makes me feel like OT is some small town resisting a new "foreign" family moving in. Very Backwards. It's just a bit of change it won't be the end of the world.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It should be it's own forum on the main index. At the moment people don't go to DAOC, because well... they have nothing to do with DAOC. OT is hidden.

All those saying leave it as it is, did you actually read what was proposed or just say "oh no change no" and curl up in a ball?

The forum is fragmented, and it's not got a huge user base anymore. Cutting OT from DAOC and making it OT for the entire forum should have happened long ago.

This.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
This thread makes me feel like OT is some small town resisting a new "foreign" family moving in. Very Backwards. It's just a bit of change it won't be the end of the world.

More like Alabama bud, too many kissing cousins with kids that have two heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom