Attention all Shadowblades

I

ilum

Please ask Siegemode to kindly give you some tutoring, he is by far the best shadowblade I have seen.

Some days ago, I was running around with a RR4 Mercenary, and killed 5 SB's at amg (1 we attacked, the 4 other jumped us) without using FH or IP on either.

Tonight I was running around with Ken (RR7 merc) and if it weren't for the fact that we legged it he probably would've gotten us.

This means that you theortically dont have to group up in groups of 3-8 to kill Albs :)

I

inqy

ATTENTION!

- - Incoming yawn - -

<yawn>

:sleeping:

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by ilum
Tonight I was running around with Ken (RR7 merc) and if it weren't for the fact that we legged it he probably would've gotten us.

:ROFLMAO:

O

oldtimer

You mean the shadowblades are doing the Rambozerg? Gosh.

H

hangianix

Erm, but how? I know Ken and he is a good player. Both of you are slash, so you are in advance against a sb, even if he was fully buffed (+ was using endregen potion) and you were not.

M

mavericky

ok ok, who slept with who to get you to post that?

:wij:

O

old.Hellskor

kiting ?

always worked nice against tanks ... even though Gimpadins take a couple of years to take down.

P.S. a Hunter in a quiet corner no one watches, works fine too ;)

H

hangianix

I thought kiting against a pally+merc is kinda pointless, 'cause if he can't kill pally quickly, his stun immunity timer is out and no purge to deal with 2nd slam. Afaik Ken has Prevent Flight, what not bad against kiting (I guess).

Never played assassin in RvR so maybe I am absolutly wrong :)

L

Lubricador

1-I dont zerg
2-I didnt sleep with no1
3-If u cant use all the tools that assasins got doesnt mean the others cant

Of course it was kiting or kitting or however u write it

F

Falcon

Dumb SBs that run in groups of 2+ is a good thing tho!

throatsoul.jpg

The morale of the story is, even if you suck, travelling with a friend wont save you.

Honestly, SBs/Infils that travel in groups are laughable, I had 5 infils on me at AMG Odin's the other week at once (no PA) and still took one down before they took me down without me using IP/Purge.

At the same time, I've had my ass handed to me by the odd solo assassin too. At the end of the day, good assassins don't need stealth groups (Although stealth groups can be a fun break when you cba to solo).

An assassin that can solo and do well is skilled, an assassin that always groups and never strays from backup no matter how many realm points he has, sucks.

Now if only Mythic will let me do something with my points into 27 recurve and 33 stealth spec too ;)

O

old.Hellskor

Originally posted by hangianix
I thought kiting against a pally+merc is kinda pointless, 'cause if he can't kill pally quickly, his stun immunity timer is out and no purge to deal with 2nd slam. Afaik Ken has Prevent Flight, what not bad against kiting (I guess).

Never played assassin in RvR so maybe I am absolutly wrong :)

You're not going to kill a plate wearer 'quickly' on even odds(buffed or unbuffed), no matter what.

If it's just (pure) tanks without ranged attacks/snare, it might take time, but they can't win if they stay (or the assassin looses his/her nerves ;)).
DoT/Snare/Disease will wear tanks out sooner or later, but most just refuse to loose to a solo assassin ... so they sit down with a finger on the slam button and hope they get lucky.
Funny are the guys that sit down with like 30% health and think the next PA won't kill them instantly :cool:

And Stun timer ? what stun ? CD is something to finish someone, but easier to just let them bleed to death (well, poison).
And you're not going to slam someone who runs through you and hits the 'sprint' key and legs it until he stealthes again.

H

hangianix

Yeh, I got your point (and you know it better than me that's sure), but taunt shot and flurry is also good against kiting, so I just can't imagine that no method to prevent it.

Anyway, 1 resist can screw this tactic against a paladin (even against 2 players, one with ability to proc snare and dd (in every 2 mins?) )

O

old.Hellskor

Yeh, I got your point (and you know it better than me that's sure), but taunt shot and flurry is also good against kiting, so I just can't imagine that no method to prevent it.

Anyway, 1 resist can screw this tactic against a paladin (even against 2 players, one with ability to proc snare and dd (in every 2 mins?) )

10seconds after the PA an Assassin (should be) stealthed again and has his weapons already repoisoned.
Maybe 15-20seconds if a taunt-shout resets the timer.
And no one says you can't hit and run more than 2-3 times ;)
(poison stacks are up to 100 per bag space... no supply shortage there)
Prevent Flight can get nasty, but it's not sure if it fires at all ... and there's still purge.

Think I kited a Paly for about 20min at amgO once, ran through FH, IP, FA2, Heal Chant ... and running all over the place
... just to run into some bloody Bonedancer and dies :eek:

(that BD actually had the nerves to tell me I leeched from 'his' kill)

S

Sparza

i know some infil and sb and ns groups, well alot not some ^^ but sometimes its just a passing by stealther who try to help not allways stealth zergs

S

Sparza

i know some infil and sb and ns groups, well alot not some ^^ but sometimes its just a passing by stealther who try to help not allways stealth zergs

<edit>
ohh and

Originally posted by Falcon

throatsoul.jpg

The morale of the story is, even if you suck, travelling with a friend wont save you.

Honestly, SBs/Infils that travel in groups are laughable, I had 5 infils on me at AMG Odin's the other week at once (no PA) and still took one down before they took me down without me using IP/Purge.

At the same time, I've had my ass handed to me by the odd solo assassin too. At the end of the day, good assassins don't need stealth groups (Although stealth groups can be a fun break when you cba to solo).

An assassin that can solo and do well is skilled, an assassin that always groups and never strays from backup no matter how many realm points he has, sucks.

Now if only Mythic will let me do something with my points into 27 recurve and 33 stealth spec too ;)

you see they are two unbuffed SB at this time and you use IP so its like 2 of you against 2 of them cause thye dont IP and no buff,, but still nice fight ^^

F

Falcon

10seconds after the PA an Assassin (should be) stealthed again and has his weapons already repoisoned.
Maybe 15-20seconds if a taunt-shout resets the timer.
Problem is now every class seems to have a way to prevent restealthing and even methods to unstealth after a restealth, if a caster starts casting on a target that stealths, the casters cast is no longer cancelled and they still hit their invisible target. I've not played my NS in RvR really yet, only lvl42 (despite having the poor little bugger since release day ;)) but I imagine kiting is damn hard now as I know how hard it is stealthing with Xest. That said, I guess I do have only 33 +9 stealth.

H

hangianix

Originally posted by old.Hellskor
Prevent Flight can get nasty, but it's not sure if it fires at all ... and there's still purge.
Think I kited a Paly for about 20min at amgO once

So if you needed 20 mins - then we can agree that at least 2 PF will fire in that time - (ofc just theoretically :) ) - so no purge at 2nd times.

Still think that against a high rr pally/merc duo Lloyd won't let the sb to take out insurance for his life. :) Or just for bloody premium. :)

M

~Mobius~

if a caster starts casting on a target that stealths, the casters cast is no longer cancelled and they still hit their invisible target9 stealth.

I always thought you go target not visible or something? Or has it changed lately?

O

old.Hellskor

Problem is now every class seems to have a way to prevent restealthing and even methods to unstealth after a restealth, if a caster starts casting on a target that stealths, the casters cast is no longer cancelled and they still hit their invisible target. I've not played my NS in RvR really yet, only lvl42 (despite having the poor little bugger since release day ;)) but I imagine kiting is damn hard now as I know how hard it is stealthing with Xest. That said, I guess I do have only 33 +9 stealth.

What method would an Armsman or Paladin have but the Pallies taunt shout ? or a Hero ? Warrior ? Zerker ?

talking about pure tanks here ;)

Who'd try to kite a caster ? :eek6:
they die in 2-3 Hits if they don't get healed on a succesful PA (usually)
Trying to kite someone with access to ranged weapons (spells/arrows whatever) with a pure melee class is more like a creative way of suiciding.

Trying to outmelee a Zerker or Paladin is suicide tho.

btw, with stealth that low even a none stealther will probably see you from a horse length away if not more... and you're sloooow.

Whole lot different with 50ish Stealth and MoS

O

old.Hellskor

So if you needed 20 mins - then we can agree that at least 2 PF will fire in that time - (ofc just theoretically :) ) - so no purge at 2nd times.

Still think that against a high rr pally/merc duo Lloyd won't let the sb to take out insurance for his life. :) Or just for bloody premium. :)

that one was a very rare exception, usually they just sit down hoping to hit the slam button fast enough, or just move on.
Running around but staying in the area is rare...
Usually more people show up and end it in one way or the other soon or later.

and PF ain't that cheap, think it was 14RA pts ? Faith Heal ain't cheap either, then add FA and IP, and you'll encounter that setup only on pretty high RR ;)

And don't forget the Snare Poison all Assassins get ... PF won't help you to catch up to someone if you're snared and diseased yourself.

O

old.mattshanes

Probably kited good because he had end regen i bet?

A pala and a merc would catch a sb without it o_O

O

old.Hellskor

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Probably kited good because he had end regen i bet?

A pala and a merc would catch a sb without it o_O

let's say they might have a chance. Assassin only needs to run for 10-20secs, easily doable with a full end bar. Even if the timer is reset more than once by whatever ... end totem or end potion.
After stealthing again, it's the Assassins who decides when and where to strike ... 1sec later or in 10min.
Unless the tanks leg it ofc ;)

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by old.Hellskor

Think I kited a Paly for about 20min at amgO once, ran through FH, IP, FA2, Heal Chant ... and running all over the place
... just to run into some bloody Bonedancer and dies :eek:

(that BD actually had the nerves to tell me I leeched from 'his' kill)

You can't purge prevent flight and yes it does go off often,it's not nice being on the end of it:eek:

O

old.Bubble

throatsoul.jpg

How meny buffs did you have on you? you just killed 2 unbuffed shadowblades.

M

Melachi-

Originally posted by old.Bubble
How meny buffs did you have on you? you just killed 2 unbuffed shadowblades.

and used IP, explain yourself imo! :X

O

old.Hellskor

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
You can't purge prevent flight and yes it does go off often,it's not nice being on the end of it:eek:

you can't ? well, in that case I doubt PF ever fired on me <shrug>

... or the other ones speed was even more debuffed than mine ;)

I

ilum

Just a couple of replies to the posts here...

1. It is possible to take the kiting shadowblade, but you need to have sprint handy and hit stick immediately.

2. Paladins dont get Prevent Flight.

3. Mercenaries do get Prevent Flight, but you have to be pretty close to have it proc - I *think* it's melee range, so if you have Prevent Flight proc you already had him cause you could still sprint after and do backslashes :)

4. Yes. Paladins have tauntshout but if the SB has end regen that only buys you time really.

Users who are viewing this thread