Attention all Shadowblades

O

old.mattshanes

Only 5 mercs have it that i know of(sousi,myself,ken,faderullan,nae) as for armsman hmmm mactavish is the only one i know who has it o_O

Cylian get back in game:touch:

From the sbs i have faced(an awful lot) best ones i have seen are durgi,cylian,zapsis,narve and azal.Clique isn't too bad either he hits fairly hard with his cs styles.Never died by being kited to death by a sb though,just run off opposite way hoping they do not catch up(that was when i had no pf though) because you are looking death right in the face otherwise.

Ken was using slow swords i bet too which doesn't help to get prevent flight off,it's a shame 2 jambiyas completey suck compared to a bastard sword/defiler or sabre/defiler combo but you getting more damage and giving up less chance to use prevent flight which seems to be the case at the time.

H

hangianix

Erm I never said that pallies can get PF, I mentioned that Ken has it. :)

O

old.Hellskor

for the matter of falcon's Screenie there

Ranger : Slash resistant armor / Self-Buffs / Slash Weapons (Sickles are slash, no?)

SBs : Slash vulnerable / no Buffs / Slash Weapons

with IP (or double HPs) Buffs (Str/Dex/Qui/dmg add ?), pretty obvious, no ?

Doesn't look like there was any PA or other opener-from-stealth involved.

Looks like Throat was using the CS Styles Garrote/Achilles Heel(?).
(anyone noticed yet that about all the Assassins that don't use their Base-weaponstyles or DW/CD/LA Styles end up in the 'look at those n00bs' section ?)

And if I didn't miss it, you got evaded by them only twice, rest of your attacks missed or hit, so not that many chances for a Frosty Gaze (if anyone was trying to get a Comeback in at all).

M

Myddrin

Originally posted by old.Hellskor
Think I kited a Paly for about 20min at amgO once, ran through FH, IP, FA2, Heal Chant ... and running all over the place
... just to run into some bloody Bonedancer and dies :eek:

(that BD actually had the nerves to tell me I leeched from 'his' kill)

Made me laugh ;)

F

Fightersuntzu

Siegemode is buffed to feck and mid end regen is 10min castable, so it works like this :

Perf/attack with dot, sprint away.... do it fast :p
Repeat until target dies

Btw, pure tanks do have thrown/xbow etc, and i pride myself on my 10+7 xbow firing at 2.8 seconds doing more damage than most of siegemodes swings, but the permasprint and dot.....

And ofc, hes levelled another fotm, but at least this one i can see, athough he too hits like a gimp :p

Edit : Btw, he killed ken and i at mmg early one morning....he was fast enough that i couldnt hit him more than a couple times with the permasprint :p

Oh well, nerf inc :m00:

G

Groborthir

Originally posted by Fightersuntzu

Btw, pure tanks do have thrown/xbow etc, and i pride myself on my 10+7 xbow firing at 2.8 seconds

Please, friend, tell me those 10 points are auto-trained and the +7 are from left over imbue points ... Please! :D

F

Fightersuntzu

no, i spec'd 10 xbow(well, i didnt think 45 thrust or 36 parry was that important). and the +7 is +5 on my SC'd xbow, +2 from realm rank :p

(I was partially endeared to xbow when i soloed a stupid shammy with it quite some time ago :p )

F

Fightersuntzu

Btw, i think there are a few armsmen at least with more xbow spec than me, so shh :D

L

Lubricador

thx figthersunzu for the rps the other day :).
Yes i hit like a gimp , yes i m usually buffed and wow you rox with xbow , anyways you died and i was at 75 % hps after i killed ken and you [ anyways i was hitting unstyled , cept the frosty gaze and some snowsquallls], blame end regen potions no the mid end regen buff.
And about my savage.... he is wearing mostly crappy jewelry from emerald merchants in df , the rest is crafted .

PS: maybe you hit hard because albs got strengh relics? and hit each 4-5 secs[ maybe more] and i hit for low dmg coz you wear plates? well maybe.

T

tirinerfed

Ilum stop whining oh your a alb you whine all day i forgot.

more sb zergs will arrive because we got nerfed so live with it
or quit

btw i solo mostly but what the hell i love a good zerg also

go mid kill more sucky albs :) :)

F

Falcon

Wasn't buffed at all there actually, had logged there to play my chanter the day before, logged back on to go suicide and craft so only self buffs.

If I was buffed I'd have evaded far more than once (Have evade 3, dodger 2, 332dex, 260 qui buffed) and IP would've healed much more than 1265hps (Not logged on atm but think I have around 1800hps buffed)

I used IP? So? Archers have IP and assassins lost it for a damn simple reason, that even without IP assassins are balanced and archers still need IP to be balanced. If they didn't use str/const debuff I might not have needed to, if I was buffed I definetely wouldn't have needed to. Are you suggesting an archer shouldn't be allowed to use IP unless there's 3 or more assassins on him or would it still be unfair using IP on 3? Remember that archers have stealth and bow, so that's spec points in two lines I couldn't make use of in that screenshot whereas they were able to make use of most the CS styles, LA, Envenom, Axe/Sword. Remember how rangers also have 5 spec lines to cover with 2.0 spec whereas assassins have 2.2 spec. So no, I don't think for a minute it's unfair to use IP vs two assassins there. The ranger damage add doesn't do as much as it used to either, it used to do about 5 more damage per hand but that was changed in the damage add 'fix' (stealth-nerf). At the end of the day a very good ranger will NEED to IP vs a very good assassin to even have a chance of winning as a matter of course so I'd argue that IP is part of the balance equation one vs one between archers and assassins and most certainly NOT equal to having 2 chars. It's like arguing how assassins have more than double evade of a ranger and a poisons to more than halve our weapskill to claim that an assassin is like 2 chars vs 1 ranger, naff argument imo.

Yes Hellskor sickles are slash and yes SBs are vulnerable to it, which is exactly the reason I went slash (blame Hoster for chain-raping me as a young archer), but at the same time I suffer from what all you SBs whine about, assassins have a sickening str debuff which REALLY hurts weapskill, something which I couldn't do to them as I'm a ranger not an NS.

Yes you're right they didn't pull PA off and there's a bloody good reason for that, the silly buggers were dumb enough to chase after me with sprint so I sauntered on along pretending I hadn't noticed them whilst they burnt out half their endurance catching me up. But there you go, it's them you should be laughing at for being dumb enough to chase me wasting end, and even more dumb of throat not to restealth and PA me when he did catch me after I'd turned to start fighting the other SB.

Admittedly I could've improved on that fight quite a bit, I could've purged earlier, the reason I didn't was because I was waiting for throat to PA -> CD me so I could purge the stun, he didn't, I also figured he'd just re-debuff me, he didn't. At the same time those SBs could've improved a lot but they didn't. Was a perfectly fair 2 vs 1 fight, Throat didn't seem to have capped resists which is part the reason he lost and part of my original point, that gimp played assassins are fun and free rps :p At the other end of the scale though, there's good assassins which lead to good, fun fights, some I lose, some I win, day by day I'm losing more it seems so I guess I'm just getting to old for this fighting lark ;)

O

old.Hellskor

<ugh>

gimme a break

not 'laughing' at anyone, just posted what it looked like what happened. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread