attention all necro's

Fellbeast

Loyal Freddie
And as I've said 2-3 times the only place I've ran into crap like this a lot is Alb/Exc. It just seems the place where it gets worst (of course, it has also happened in Mid/Prydwen or Exc/Hib, but not nearly as often (procentuelly speaking then) ).

That's the problem: I like my necro, I love my necro even and I want to play my necro. But in RVR, the narrow-mindedness of many people just fucks it it up for me.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Fellbeast said:
And as I've said 2-3 times the only place I've ran into crap like this a lot is Alb/Exc. It just seems the place where it gets worst (of course, it has also happened in Mid/Prydwen or Exc/Hib, but not nearly as often (procentuelly speaking then) ).

That's the problem: I like my necro, I love my necro even and I want to play my necro. But in RVR, the narrow-mindedness of many people just fucks it it up for me.

"and to that there was no answer"

I s'pose its time to go play mid or hib then m8, good luck, meet you in the frontier some time i guess.

i would say make an alt but as u said, u like ur necro. if you truely dont enjoy playing alb/excal then theres really not point in paying to stay.

Fellbeast

Loyal Freddie
Char on Hib is already made, actually.

Too bad about Alb, but it didn't work out in the end. Good luck in Alb guys. Next time we meet in-game, I'll have to kill you I'm afraid :p

Drav

Loyal Freddie
TBH m8 you really have no clue how bad it can be, Necros are deh ROXXOR in PvE, got one myself.... and so as a class they arent considered great in RvR.... so what.... at least you got PvE to enjoy.... you do realise there are classes that arent group friendly in both PvE and RvR....

Try playing a polearmsman.... then ya can moan, hours of downtime, nightmare getting groups in both PvE and RvR, crap to farm cash with, plate is a helluva lot more expensive than cloth, at least you have one side of the game to enjoy.

Im not gonna turn this into an arms rant.... cos hybrid spec is kinda uber ;).... kinda ;) but there are worse chars out their to play in both aspects of the game....

Trick is to persevere, and carry on, theres been plenty of times Ive almost /quit this game cos of the way my class is perceived, but I never have yet.... be stubborn, if Alb groups dont want ya then go solo, fight solo and if you die /release and come back and try again.... eventually you'll start moving up the realm ranks and folk should give ya a chance in groups... if not do the same.... play your own game not the Ubah l33t fotm's idea of how the game should be played...... Hell the amount of times as an arms Ive been stood at atk when mids or hibs have tried to attack it, the range of a necro would be pretty damn nice. NF is totally range based according to what we hear from VN so you aint that gimped.

And going to mid or hib is your choice I guess..... enjoy easy mode I suppose.

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
:)

heheh my first char was an armsman... and i really liked him...
He was a pain to lvl... 15-18 days /play to 50... can't remember... really hated soloing in barrows... "kill a yellow, rest 5 mins"... and the RvR turned out to be ugly too... (today he is a crafter, haven't seen RvR in about 1 year) so i made alts... and ended up with a few of them... some is good for RvR... some for PvE... some is fun to play... and some is good to help m8s with...

im my alts there is 2 x necros... and yes they can't get grps in Alb that ez... but atm necros is worse then an armsman... cause of all the bugs... go solo... or make an alt... if u don't wanna get another account so u can pl, then don't... go lvl the old way...

if u wanna be loved in grps in Albion make either Cleric/Mincer/Sorc ppl will love you 24/7 and u get a grp fast at ATK every time...

last chance for a necro to get a grp, is to join a guild grp... meaning u have to be in a guild with ppl in RvR... with out a guild to baq u up u have almost no chance of getting grps...

come to thinking about it.... i think i take a necro out and RvR tomorrow just for fun... and he needs a bit of RP... and YES it will be solo... ofc :worthy:

Fellbeast

Loyal Freddie
Drav said:
And going to mid or hib is your choice I guess..... enjoy easy mode I suppose.

Is that the classic "Hib and Mid are overpowered" ?

Not really the easy mode, since I have to start everything all over again.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Galoma said:
come to thinking about it.... i think i take a necro out and RvR tomorrow just for fun... and he needs a bit of RP... and YES it will be solo... ofc :worthy:

FFS, get your own necro Doewen!
Regards, Glottis

flibodob

Fledgling Freddie
way back when we tried a 5 necro group in rvr and tbh it was real good fun so all the necors stood at atk could get together and go torch stuff

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Fellbeast said:
Is that the classic "Hib and Mid are overpowered" ?

Not really the easy mode, since I have to start everything all over again.

as you havent seen proper RVR on any side, can you really say that the arguement is right or wrong?

Fellbeast

Loyal Freddie
Dukat said:
as you havent seen proper RVR on any side, can you really say that the arguement is right or wrong?

I used to play HIB something over a year and Yes, I have done proper RVR. Exc/Alb is not my idea of proper RVR.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fellbeast said:
Spent two hours in Emain tonight. Nobody wants to take necro's in grps because we're so-called bad damage dealers. I've kinda got enough of the Alb typical refusal of taking necro's in Rvr. To them we're only good for pl'ing people and giving them money.

That's why from now on all necro's should refuse to pl people.

its the same with animists in hib, the CS kiddies have got thier artifacts/master levels 10 level 50s, now the animists are ignored :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Fellbeast said:
The class can be good in RVR. Every class is good if you know how to use it. Necro's just aren't given the chance decently.

Yes, I am angry for that.

In every roleplaying game, be it on PC or tabletop, judging chars on their class and not on the player's abilities is the biggest mistake you can make.

Okey okey. So lets pretend for one minute that the best, fastest responding person in the world is playing a necro. In fact, lets make it a computer bot with zero lag and zero delay on reactions to casting, always picks a 100% perfect target.

Okay so as soon as you nuke a healer, you're insta mezzed. Then 10 seconds later, that mezz is overwritten and the clock starts ticking again. Then 10 seconds later you're insta mezzed and the clock starts ticking again...

It's a very broken class that can be 100% taken out of a battle for pretty much an infinate amount of time and until 1.69, that will not change. You see now if mythic had of not introduced buff shearing into the game, a 1.69 alb group setup could run with a necro for the mighty AF debuff and its self demezz. And of course if they made it so clicking the name of the necro on the minibar would select the pet for healing purposes...

Fellbeast said:
I can understand that point of view. It's just that I've had far to much crap since I'm in Alb/Exc. ( never had this much on Exc/Hib and Mid/Pryd).

By this I assume you are trying to say alb/excalibur is worse then exc/hib and mid/pryd for it? In which case I would urge you to roll a thane on mid/pryd and a mentalist (not sure of a more gimped RvR char in hib) and see if it's any better. My chances are without a decent guild group, you would come across the same problems as there. Just as if you had of rolled a cleric here, you would get a group everytime you logged on ;)

Just out of interest though, which classes from mid/hib did you play and are making the comparison through?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Speaking as a fellow necromancer, I honestly find that I have little to no trouble gettin an rvr group. At first I did however, and I got annoyed and logged. But now I don't which I'm guessing is down to the fact that people have realised that myself as an individual is rather effective at avoiding the mezz and laying the smackdown [haha] on those middies and hibbies.
Although it sucks paying for a bot, its your only real way forward. Level him to 50 and storm Odins, stealthers + archers are normally low realm rank there and when buffed they tickle you more than hurt you. The casters will still most likely pwn you [only killed a few and thats from hitting them from behind]. When your Realm Rank 3 or something grab a few master levels and some sc'd bits and head emain and first shout out 'Necro LFG', if no invite continue with 'RR x, ML x, 50 Necro LFG' This should get a few people talking and hopefully get you a group.
But as for me, Odins is my faviourite place. Nothing like bringing a few good mates to hmg and pwning all the animists are spam shrooms all day.
O yer, and join a good, active rvr guild.

Oceaa.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
In every roleplaying game, be it on PC or tabletop, judging chars on their class and not on the player's abilities is the biggest mistake you can make.

In every roleplaying game, be it on PC or tabletop, trying to force other people to play the game like you think it´s supposed to be played and not knowing your own classes strength and weaknesses is the biggest mistake you can make.

What did you expect when you rolled your Necro? What do you think does a Scout expect when he´s levelling? You´re always rolling your class for a specific purpose. Scout/Infi = weak PvE, strong RvR. Necro = weak RvR, strong PvE. You decided to roll a class that´s able to level to 50 in incredibly short time. Now you´re expecting other people to deliberately weaken their groups by grouping with you in a section, where your class is (and that´s a fact) weaker? That´s like a goalkeeper of a football team saying "hey, I want to play forward next time. Comon people, everybody can be good at any position!".

You also tried the good old "where´s the fun gone?" trick. Constantly getting killed in RvR and spending 75% of your time waiting for Master Visur is generally not considered fun. And the normal lifetime of a random Emain Pickup group is somewhere between 1 and 2 runs because after the second wipe, people usually have to join a guild raid or help a friend with his epic (must be like 1.5 mio epic armours floating around in Albion :)).

Between all your anger about other people not sharing your PoV, your bitterness about an entire realm and your refusal to get yourself a BB (which I can understand btw), you seem to be unable to see the solution for the problem you´ve created: join a guild and form a guildgroup. Bang. Solved. No rants needed, no silly boycott-campaigns needed, no 6 page thread about a Necro not getting a group needed.

GL in Hib. You´ll eventually find out that getting a random group there is even harder than here in Albion.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Necro's most have been nerfed then, last time i noticed, they couldn't be chainmezzed, chainstunned, chainrooted anymore.

Anyway, a necro isn't really a RvR char.. it's nice to have in keepsieges, but it doesn't make a good char for 1fg rvr

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Fellbeast said:
To all those ******** who don't want Necro's in their grp, thx for getting me disgusted of what could have been a fine realm.

inviting you into group = fine realm?

elbeek

Part of the furniture
TBH and having read your posts Fellbeast, your attitude sux.

You bemoan the fact you cant get grps for rvr then, having people reply to your qqing, you slag the realm off. I hope you are more fun to be grouped with.

If you had the foresite surely you would have seen that necroes are generally overlooked in pvp and will remain so until they are fixed.

I hope you enjoy starting all over again but maybe choose a toon that is group friendly next time.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know why anyone is getting excited about the Necro AF debuff - it's only single target. By the time you've cast it once the battle is usually over.

I'd suggest it may make Necromancer's far more groupable if the debuffs were made AOE - at least that way you'd have something impactful and useful to contribute.

If players then went for a Death Servant weighted spec, then they'd also have a useful PBAOE to contribute.

It probably won't happen, but it'd be a great way to breathe RvR life into the class.

Fellbeast

Loyal Freddie
gunner440 said:
inviting you into group = fine realm?

No. Read between between lines.

Player who plays necro. has to prove himself before getting grp in RvR.
Player who plays Paladin or Cleric ( I'm not specifically targetting these classes, before someone implies this). He can be total idiot, but does not have to prove himself first. Oh sure, he'll get the party killed and won't be invited again after that, but heck. damage's been done.

What am I supposed to think about this???

Fellbeast

Loyal Freddie
elbeek said:
TBH and having read your posts Fellbeast, your attitude sux.

You bemoan the fact you cant get grps for rvr then, having people reply to your qqing, you slag the realm off. I hope you are more fun to be grouped with.

If you had the foresite surely you would have seen that necroes are generally overlooked in pvp and will remain so until they are fixed.

I hope you enjoy starting all over again but maybe choose a toon that is group friendly next time.

Look, at it from my side. Nero's are good hen they PL you. When you need money, go see a necro.
When a necro asks for a grp, tell him to sod off.

The worst part is, being ignored when asking for a group. If they had said from the beginning on "sorry, we don't need a necro", I could have accepted it. But to totally ignore me, that's what I consider rude. And yes, I have only met things like these on Alb/Exc.

-Make a group friendly character? Necromancers have good abilities to aid a group (except for good damage output, don't forget we can transfer mana, and add a non xp-leeching tank pet in the combat)

-Damage output not high enough? (that's another funny one I heard) Wizards apparently have a bigger damage output than necro's. speaking per bolt, yes, a wiz does more damage per individual bolt. But he's out of mana very quickly. Necro's aren't and just continue blasting.

If you look at it well enough, there are no group-unfriendly characters. Every character has it's use in a group (yes, even scouts in PvE). And because Albs fail to see this on Exc., they constantly get their butts kicked by the far better organized Mids.

Gorel-Truesight

Fledgling Freddie
fraid to say it but i gotta agree with the folks that said why roll a necro if you wanted to go rvr

some classes are good at pve
some classes are good at pvp

i personally knew that the final end game for daoc is rvr

once you done all the pve/artis farming and levelling then the only thing left is rvr

I play a scout and therefore had to endure the hours of solo pve to get myself to the 50. lvl 40-50 solo on trees is mind numbingly boring and slow

but now i got there i dont expect to get into groups in emain either. If i did i would be a fool. some classes are naturally invited into groups.. some are not

its the way the game is

as classes become fotm they roll in and out of the standard rvr group makeup..

all it boils down to is research your classes more and pick soemthing that suits your expectations better.

who knows... 2 patches down the road necro's may become rvr flavour of the month

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Fellbeast said:
The worst part is, being ignored when asking for a group. If they had said from the beginning on "sorry, we don't need a necro", I could have accepted it. But to totally ignore me, that's what I consider rude. And yes, I have only met things like these on Alb/Exc.

If you look at it well enough, there are no group-unfriendly characters. Every character has it's use in a group (yes, even scouts in PvE). And because Albs fail to see this on Exc., they constantly get their butts kicked by the far better organized Mids.

You still have yet to mention what classes you played on hib and mid. To make a similar comparison, you'd of course have to choose an equivalent in their realm. So to make a fair analysis, you played a thane and mentalist right? :)

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Fellbeast said:
Oh dear I'm afraid I've done something stupid... Was so anfry right after the thing I've deleted my chars in Alb =/ Even the level 50 :twak:
yey one less retard

NECROS ARE NOT MAIN CHARS, IF YOU ONLY HAVE A 50 NECRO PL URSELF A PROPER CHAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom