Atlantis - Overview map

G

Graknak

wow, is it THAT big?

btw does each realm has it's own atlantis? seems alot of area for just 1 realm o_O

M

Moody

Are the lands identical to all 3 realms? I find it a bit confusing.

11 zones hmm. pretty big

L

Lam

All the lands are identical for all three realms, the only difference is the kind of mobs you'll encounter since they are different for each realm.

G

Graknak

tbh thats abit lame, i mean its nice it ain't an RvR zone, but diff mobs for the same zones? how is that possible? multiple Atlanti in multiple planes? which would mean Mid, Alb and Hib each live in their own plane instead of the same plane :eek7:

R

Roo Stercogburn

Looks quite big. Lots of new places to get lost in, er, I mean explore :D

L

Lam

From the Herald:

To create the Trials, the Atlanteans built separate planes of existence and populated them with monsters and beasts taken from the many different cultures they had encountered in their expansion. The lands and beasts of the Trials were bound by magic to play specific roles in the Trials.

L

Lam

Graknak: Atlantis itself was destroyed, the new zones we will be fighting in are the planes the Atlanteans created, not Atlantis itself.

That's why the zones are the same for each realm (different planes with same looks) and the monsters are different (monsters from various cultures).

Whatever it was, the result of the application of new magic resulted in the catastrophic destruction of Atlantis. In one day and one night the skies crackled and split, the oceans rose, and the land of Atlantis exploded from within in a fiery volcanic blast. What happened to any possible survivors of the Atlantis cataclysm is unknown. All that remains now are ruined pieces of the once great civilization and the planes of trials that they created.

The planes of trials were affected by the catastrophic destruction of Atlantis. The magic weakened, and while the planes were spared complete destruction, they did suffer some of the effects of the catastrophe. Some areas were flooded, others were altered environmentally, but the magic of Atlantis protected the planes from the worst. But while the magic of the planes kept them from destruction, it can no longer keep the areas pristine as in the time of Atlantis. Now, the structures show signs of decay and age, and areas that suffered some of the effects of Atlantis’ destruction were never rebuilt. The magic’s purpose is now solely to keep the planes in existence.

S

SilverHood

they should make a Darkness Fall esque zone in Atlantis where you can PvP and hunt for uber items too

F

Flimgoblin

the monstesr in the planes are all the same across each three realms- it's the remnant zones that are different monstesr (i.e. populated with albs and alb monsters , or hibs and hib monsters)

these are the remnant islands that the various explorers have found, each containing a portal to a different copy of the Planes of Trials.

T

tripitaka

What happens when u get a horse to Ashen isle from Atun or Hypo ?

Does it drown ?

Does it get an aqualung and breathing apparatus ?

Or.. Does it simply stop and throw u off b4 it hits the water ?

Originally posted by Lam
Atlantis itself was destroyed, the new zones we will be fighting in are the planes the Atlanteans created, not Atlantis itself.

Did Goa manage to break Atlantis too then ?

F

Flimgoblin

depends if its a mystical sea-horse.

Or possibly you take a boat ;)

T

Tesla Monkor

All the areas are the same for every realm - the one difference is that the NPC races vary. (Though I have no way of checking this.)

Trials are the same for everyone, though.

One of the trials includes you haveing to solo some mobs. No group.. on your own. That's gonna be fun for the non-melee supportclasses. (I.e. mend/pac healers. ;P)

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
depends if its a mystical sea-horse.

Or possibly you take a boat ;)

I hope the horse can fit into a boat ;)

and im buggered if im rowing me AND the horse across - let the horse do the rowing i say.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
All the areas are the same for every realm - the one difference is that the NPC races vary. (Though I have no way of checking this.)

Ahh yeah the NPCs in the havens change too :) (along with the remnant zones)

i.e. highlanders/avalonians/etc. in the albion version, elvesses/celtsi in the hib version, trolls/savages in the mid one.

otherwise it's identical.

F

Fightersuntzu

They added a flying horse type thing which takes you from Cliffton in alb to the new Inishail Island zone, so they might use the same thing rather than a boat or a horse :p

N

ning

I though it would be larger (about 20 zones instead of 11)

R

Roalith

I believe there are 8? Dungeon zones too, not shown on that map.

M

Moody

They could have made it co-op so you could team up or chat with people you hate.

T

Teren

and then see how your enemy gets an uber-leet artifact :p

O

old.Ramas

Looks cool, though I suspect that 5 out of 11 non dugeon zones being underwater is going to get old real fast.

As, I suspect is the operation of boats since...

-You can't move a small boat without 4 people.

-You can't move a large boat without 16 people.

-You can't access the desert/volcano/green zones without either a boat or a potion (and with potions you're swimming across 3 zones)

G

Gadd

Originally posted by old.Ramas
(and with potions you're swimming across 3 zones)

man they really do want us to get mastery of water!

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Ramas

-You can't access the desert/volcano/green zones without either a boat or a potion (and with potions you're swimming across 3 zones)

There's public boats to each of the havens from each of the havens...

(Oceanus, Stygia, Volcanus and Aerus)

They run around in circles and you just jump on as it passes - only need a single person on them to move.

It's the personal boats that need 4 people.

Also you can just swim across the surface ;) don't need waterbreathing for that (just it will be SLOW)

Users who are viewing this thread