As I see it...

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Seems one of the most popular rants on the forums at the moment is the current animosity between the stealthers and the groupers. Now, the stealther view point is that groups ruin our RvR by zerging us. The group view point is that stealthers ruin fg v fg by adding.
It is my argument that you simply cannot compare one stealther adding on a full group to a full group zerging one stealther. For everyone who believes that 8 > 1 this is undeniable.
Of course, when more than one stealther is adding that becomes a problem.
However, there are stealthers out there who do nothing but solo and duo, and you know who they are, and their fights are constantly getting ruined by hypocritical and, honestly, down right cruel full groups. Hell, full groups are well versed in tactics for zerging soloers. Bards! What do you do if you see a solo stealther! That's right! You know it! Slap that insta amnesia on him.
I for one would stop adding on full groups who stopped zerging me, and I'm sure many of the other solo stealthers would too. But until you stop zerging the healers will continue to die.

Stop whining and do something to put it right. The stealthers can't do anything, if we chose not to add on a fight, you wont even know we were there and will zerg us next time anyway. If you want to reduce adds then you can stop zerging. If you chose not to you deserve what you get and have no right to whine.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
its simply not worth the risk to leave stealthers alive, thats the current rvr climate, 1 stealther can totally turn a fight if played well. We know we can't stop stealthers adding so we try not to fight near milegates (stealther city), we also make sure we kill them as if we do have to fight near a milegate there'll be less stealthers there who can add on us. Life's a bitch but it'll never change

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
Fight away from mg's and tk road runs and all will improve for both sides. People who complain constantly about getting zerged at mg's are a lil bit silly :) Its a choke point after all :eek:

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
its simply not worth the risk to leave stealthers alive, thats the current rvr climate, 1 stealther can totally turn a fight if played well. We know we can't stop stealthers adding so we try not to fight near milegates (stealther city), we also make sure we kill them as if we do have to fight near a milegate there'll be less stealthers there who can add on us. Life's a bitch but it'll never change
If not zerging good stealthers will prevent them from adding on you, isn't that worth it if they're so instrumental in fg fights?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Tiki said:
Fight away from mg's and tk road runs and all will improve for both sides. People who complain constantly about getting zerged at mg's are a lil bit silly :) Its a choke point after all :eek:
Read my sig. I never mention milegates.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
its bad either way stealther adds or fg adds. But it will never stop, so stop making threads about this shit ffs, the only way to stop this, is if (as i've said 1000000 times)

soloers take 1 zone
fg's take 1 zone
zerglings take 1 zone

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
If not zerging good stealthers will prevent them from adding on you, isn't that worth it if they're so instrumental in fg fights?
And who guarantees it does?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Jaapi said:
And who guarantees it does?
The person in question. If they add, by all means, zerg. But you're going to be left in the vicious cycle if you don't give it some faith. If that's alright for you, fine.

Kurik

Fledgling Freddie
some good facts there lox.. but its like nevah evah gonna stop happening :p

stealthers will always die to fgs and healers will always continue get adds :p

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Personaly i dont mind stealthers adding on me or the group(s) i am fighting. I dont play the game to display l33t skill or rack up rp's - i play it to get away from everyday life, and that i manage no matter if i win or loose in rvr, or how it was acomplished.
To be perfectly honest i wish mids would "zerg" more since i kinda enjoy big battles that arent over in 20 sec. And it would give us non-l33t players a chanse to participate on more equal footing as well - I bet Alb non-l33ts have alot more fun in rvr than Mid non-l33ts do since they dont have to /rel and port+reform groups as often as we do. Downtime is what is annoying, not losing some rp due to adds etc.
I do understand this doesnt apply to the elite gank guild groups that exist in every realm, and that they dont want to miss out on any opportinity to pit themselves against others such groups and get full rp for the work they did But unless i am mistaken they are a minority and cant expect everyone to follow their rules.

Anyway i *do* try to respect the "no add" policy when i am in a position to do so (e.g if i lead a grp or solo), but sometimes i wonder why i should. This is a game about medieval (dark ages) warfare, not about some sort of arena combat. Would actually be nice if we had a bg for 50's where only 1 fullgrp could enter at a time from each realm or some such - that would give those wanting that type of battles an opportinity to get them, uninterupted by us lesser beeings ;)

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Loxleyhood said:

there are certain people we will not kill, even in emain as we are 100% sure they will leave us alone when we fight fg v fg. If we kill a stealther its for 2 reasons. 1) we don't know them so not worth the risk. 2) we know they will add at first chance so we kill them, ref by staff for humiliation.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
there are certain people we will not kill, even in emain as we are 100% sure they will leave us alone when we fight fg v fg. If we kill a stealther its for 2 reasons. 1) we don't know them so not worth the risk. 2) we know they will add at first chance so we kill them, ref by staff for humiliation.
Well, that's what I'm suggesting so why are you arguing with me?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Its a realm v realm game. The concept of the stealther ISN'T to have nice little one v one action away from everyone else, just as the basis of the game ISN'T perfect 1fg v 1fg action. It's realm v realm. There is no reason why stealthers shouldn't add. Likewise if you come across an enemy stealther, solo or otherwise, then it is entirely reasonable to kill them. The problem is not that stealthers add or that they are killed by groups. It is that people for some reason believe it should be otherwise. If you want nice little 1v1 fights, just as if you want perfect 1fg action, then the ONLY way to do it is to arrange a time and a secluded place to meet and duel to your hearts content. Unless this game gets zones specifically for solo or group duelling, then expecting to have uninterrupted fights is just plain silly.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
All stealthers who add in fg vs fg fights are fagets irl - honest xD

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Loxleyhood said:
Well, that's what I'm suggesting so why are you arguing with me?

arguing? you have a funny mind if you think i was arguing. Also, why should it be the fg who initiates this? unstealth near us and /cheer etc, it puts u in that grps mind, and maybe next time they will return the favour, its a lot harder to control a grp of 8 from adding than 1 person. If you make a point of not adding, eventually it will pay off, people like zzang etc, we won't kill as we know he his gonna not add, or help us if we need it ^^ vs albs ofc

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
It is my argument that you simply cannot compare one stealther adding on a full group to a full group zerging one stealther. For everyone who believes that 8 > 1 this is undeniable.
Well sorry but your argument is BS. A stealther adding on a 8vs8 fight can totally screw the team he is attacking - taking out a main healer or CC'er fairly easily. This ruins the fun for 16 people. One full group running over one stealth ruins the fun of one smelly stealther. :p

The truth is that you don't speak for all/most/any other stealthers and they would continue to leech whatever was done by the FGs.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
i gave you the answer to the problem, why are you still discussing it? :eek:

AngryKid

Fledgling Freddie
I play both stealther and group char, and I hate the adds just as much as the next player. But, it will never stop happening that all stealthers/fgs stops adding on an ongoing battle between fgs/soloers. Sorry, won't do. We can try as much as we like, but at the end of the day, it all comes down to killing your opponent with any means possible.

Thus, I would like to point out that only once have I been left alone while standing there cheering on both fighters in a solo fight. The very next second the fight is over, i'm next target... So much for leaving the fighters alone.

Ase

Fledgling Freddie
In a server whit 2000 people you want fair play is a bit hard .
And a good enemie is an enemie doing release .

Highwind

Loyal Freddie
The chance of winning (not taking in such things as which classes attack etc, but it won't matter, the difference is to huge for this to make an effect):

8vs1: -800%
8vs2: -400%
8vs3: -266%
10vs8: -125%
13vs8: -162,5%

Meaning, 8vs1 is worse than 13vs8. By pure mathematics. Simply: The solo-argument is more valid than the group-argument.

Both are doing wrong, soloers are just doing less wrong and groups more wrong.

Gorbash

One of Freddy's beloved
id just like to point out that this ISNT counterstrike, TFC, nor any other 8v8 team based game. if people wanted a clan TFC match, they didnt join Demon 1 (those who played TFC will know what im talking about), the got thier own server and arranged a time to play. if you want full group vs full group, or soloer vs soloer, arrange a time and place to do so :)

in saying this however, ive had some really nice experiences over the last couple days in solo fights with me infil, like hellghost for example, i jumped on him around DCX, started fighting, and accidentally strafed through two kobold bystanders and thought 'oou, nice peeps'. i lost the fight (was a damn good fight too :p) but i didnt mind at all cos i enjoyed it :) i even got a huggle from a kobold :D

take the good with the bad i say :D

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
If I was a part in normal rvr, say playing a bard and was about to land that perfect mezz on Zoyster and co when some retarded stealther starts to wack me I would be hysterical and flame away here on Barrys.

I understand that normal people think adding stealthers are pussys. Takes no skill, no planning, no team work, all you have to do is to buff up, walk out, wait for the right moment and then walk up and land pa in the druids face who stands there in the background.

Its like playing chess when your Queen suddenly get wacked by a invisble runner, so fucking stupid, lol.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
bla bla bla... counter strike

play it and let of some steam :)

Powahhh

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
All stealthers who add in fg vs fg fights are fagets irl - honest xD
and all bards that push insta amnesia on a solo stealther are homosapiens irl...
where is your point?
i add always in the poor healers cause EVERY FUCKING day i get steamrolled by a fg if they spot me...EVERY DAY...when they stop steamrolling me i will leave the poor healers without a pa chain......if i see a GG either mid or hib that will not add in any of my fights (no matter if i solo or duo)..then i will not to that GG's fights no matter if they lose or win....
but because no gg think that way..they always kill stealthers no matter who is he.....so stealthers will always perf healers that stand and cast heals.....

ps. yesterday morning a GG hibs (can't recall the guild....) found me fighting a sb....they let me kill the sb and then steamrolled me...i think this is something...and personally i will not add to this gg's fight cause it is the first gg that left me AT LEAST kill my opponent....untl the next time they will steamroll me i won't add...:)

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Loxleyhood said:
Seems one of the most popular rants on the forums at the moment is the current animosity between the stealthers and the groupers. Now, the stealther view point is that groups ruin our RvR by zerging us. The group view point is that stealthers ruin fg v fg by adding.
Of course, when more than one stealther is adding that becomes a problem.
However, there are stealthers out there who do nothing but solo and duo, and you know who they are, and their fights are constantly getting ruined by hypocritical and, honestly, down right cruel full groups. Hell, full groups are well versed in tactics for zerging soloers. Bards! What do you do if you see a solo stealther! That's right! You know it! Slap that insta amnesia on him.
I for one would stop adding on full groups who stopped zerging me, and I'm sure many of the other solo stealthers would too. But until you stop zerging the healers will continue to die.

Stop whining and do something to put it right. The stealthers can't do anything, if we chose not to add on a fight, you wont even know we were there and will zerg us next time anyway. If you want to reduce adds then you can stop zerging. If you chose not to you deserve what you get and have no right to whine.
edit 2, misread your post abit and thought it was abit other way around but, this goes out to the rest of the stealthers who dont consider their dmg impacting on fgs...

really thought about the damage you can do to fg fights as an archer, I doubt you have bth, for the first if you you target out a healer/bard/cleric/druid as an archer for the first you might not even be able to tell where the dmg is coming from, or why you where interrupted in your spell casting.
Lets say you attack an healer who is ae amensia a pbae box, ae amnesia stops for afew seconds because it does take sometime to figure out exactly what happend with your castings and if you dont have enough realm levels or moc down you basicly screw that fg fight. Same is it for any other class that is a healer he cant offenly run and start casting a new spell before his target that he needs the heal have died due to your interrupting arrows.. you might not considered this but one arrow isnt about dmg you can totaly loose a fight to someone intrupting some of your support at exactly the right time.

same goes to bard interrupting bard no end.. etc

and any stealther i see in emain deserve to die, I've never heard of stealthers who stay out of fg fights.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Anyhow i might sounded abit harsh i actually think afew adders on your fgs are ok for both teams and sometimes you have one extra and sometimes one less,
but if you would play a day on prydwen you would understand why stealther adds are more of a concern there, sence that fucktard rambo created stealthzergs with fgs you can have suddenly a fg extra on support chars making it impossible to win.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I let a stealther have a duel with a alb infil. I will not disgrace him by naming him, but he knows who he is.

Close fight, i stand aside let them duel.
Infil wins

Stealther then flames me for not helping....

This has happened to me many times, yet you persist you want "solo" fights, the way i see it you only want solo fight you are sure to win.

Me personally dont mind if a fg rolls over a soloer, provided they put me back to full hp so im ready for another fight considering i have done all the work and they leeched the kill.

Sepiritz

Fledgling Freddie
As I see it, as a solo non-stealther, fgs should always trample pesky stealthers but leave me alone! What? Im biased? Hell yes. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom