Armsman

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Crush.

Slash is crap, im sure I explained it all earlier.

Why, just look at the enemy armour tables from an albion perspective.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
been playing with my template....

dumped scalars, eirenes and used.........MY EPIC.

ok i have aug con 4 just to add some perspective but stats are

str 227, con 237, dex 180
skills are all +13 (rr3)
resists are all 23+ with melee and main resists capped
hp 2319 unbuffed.

how u ask...

armour - all epic except smoldering vambraces
weapons - malice with magma infused defender (BATTLER ON BACK)
stuff - charred pentagraph, som, cb, bugga cant remember rest.

buffed gives 365 str, 370 con and 3k+ hits....:kissit:

have changed to battlemaster as i have gone shield spec (50 50 26) using crush.... could do with more dex but it works....:england:

BLOCK BOT FOR HIRE - FEE is RP'S:m00:

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Sollac said:
ok i have aug con 4 just to add some perspective but stats are
:twak: :twak: :twak:
get toughness4 if u want more hp :(
or a mix between aug con/toughness

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
each con only gives about 4.5 (roughly) hits

Aug con 4 is totally a waste, you will get far far more hit points from toughness 4 for the exact same cost.

Or you can go toughness 3, con 2 and still have RA's left over to spend elsewhere and still have more hit points.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
each con only gives about 4.5 (roughly) hits

Aug con 4 is totally a waste, you will get far far more hit points from toughness 4 for the exact same cost.

Or you can go toughness 3, con 2 and still have RA's left over to spend elsewhere and still have more hit points.

geez, looks like ill be in poc tonight then

:p

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Arrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmssssssmmmmaaaaaaaaannnnnsssss !!!!
sorry, bored atm, still got 2 weeks or so to go :(

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Arrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmssssssmmmmaaaaaaaaannnnnsssss !!!!
sorry, bored atm, still got 2 weeks or so to go :(

if im gonna respec my ra's ...

im currently 3L8 so with my spec of shield/crush, how do the following sound
mainly around for grp rvr

mob3
toughness 3
aug dex2
aug con2

or was thinking
aug str2
aug con 2
aug dex 2
mob2
toughness 3

or drop aug con 2 and go
aug dex 2
mob2
det 3
toughness 3

??? :p:m00:

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
if im gonna respec my ra's ...

im currently 3L8 so with my spec of shield/crush, how do the following sound
mainly around for grp rvr

mob3
toughness 3
aug dex2
aug con2

or was thinking
aug str2
aug con 2
aug dex 2
mob2
toughness 3

or drop aug con 2 and go
aug dex 2
mob2
det 3
toughness 3

??? :p:m00:

No point asking me mate im a complete tard :D

Im sure Kagato can fill u in on it, cant say i ever got a Tank to lvl 50 in any realm tbh, 48 arms once. I did used to know shitloads about daoc but ive forgotten it all lol, shuld be fun when i come back, someone lend me a buffbott so i can actually lvl my arms tho >.<

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and the Champ crush pole looks shit too bah :(

Its like mythic knew i was gonna come backand make an arms and did it to spite me :p

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Oh and the Champ crush pole looks shit too bah :(

Its like mythic knew i was gonna come backand make an arms and did it to spite me :p

champ crush pole look ok, better thans slash and thrust which seem to be the same model :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
You want at least Det 4 if your planning on group RvR.

Your no use to anybody whilst your mezzed remember.

Then even out your spare points between your aug's and masteries until your high enough to get one or more of them to 3 +

Toughness is always nice but a luxuary RA, you'll need to depend on your clerics more until your higher RR.

Ljuvasara

Fledgling Freddie
Realm abilities depends alot on what you intend to do with the toon and as far as I can see it the differance between a solo toon while soloing and a grp toon while soloing is huuuge. Little things like warlord vs battlemaster and and the passives that you will need while soloing vs the passives you will need in a grp really add up. Str/pain/parry and blocking really help you while soloing but you wont really need it when in a grp where Det and purge makes you able to do anything at all matter more. Im not an armsman, but I do more or less the same job in a grp and the RAs I run with are Det4 (no reason to go less since you would still stand around for too long and more is expensive..) Purge2 (want 3, but that will have to wait until Im rr9 :eek:) and Soldiers Barricade3, leftovers into pain and str for assisting, oh and long wind! (Atleast the first level, since its so cheap and can make a differance)

hope all of this helps in some way, good luck out there and /wave when we run past you :)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh shuld i go 50 pole 50 crush 27 parry 7 shield
Old stuff iread says about after 50+ in skill the dmg cap dont increase but otheras say it does.

by that i mean , does 39+11 (50) do the same dmg as 50+11 , well, it must i spose as kag said hes like 70 skill now with RR, but how much dmg diff is it in going over 50 in skill ?

also, maybe i shuldnt bother with parry anyways cos it sucks and stick it into xbow so i can do a lil more dmg with snapshot lol. >,<

Cant really see the point going hybrid tbh, hes gona be used a lot in pve so i want him to do massive dmg to high lvl mobs etc. Dunno what ML line to go, battlemaster or warlord ? , allwyas thought warlord had better stuff tbh, especially rthat shout to scare pets away but i digress.:touch:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Above 51 modified base weapon type, you'll only have a difference in damage with the level 50 pole style (it's bugged in the same was as the 50 dual wield style for Mercs). I believe the 50 pole style isn't as important to Armsmen as the 50 dual weild style, so whilst few Mercs go lower than 50 base weapon type, many armsmen do.

I really noticed a (PvE) difference when I respecced 41 parry 39 base weapon on my Armsman. Made it a lot more survivable (I've tanked Battler and parried more than half his blows on two occasions).

The tests showing the theory for paragraph one are here : http://vnboards.ign.com/albion_fighter_professions/b20902/57670918/p1

Darzil

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Tbh shuld i go 50 pole 50 crush 27 parry 7 shield
Old stuff iread says about after 50+ in skill the dmg cap dont increase but otheras say it does.

by that i mean , does 39+11 (50) do the same dmg as 50+11 , well, it must i spose as kag said hes like 70 skill now with RR, but how much dmg diff is it in going over 50 in skill ?

also, maybe i shuldnt bother with parry anyways cos it sucks and stick it into xbow so i can do a lil more dmg with snapshot lol. >,<

Cant really see the point going hybrid tbh, hes gona be used a lot in pve so i want him to do massive dmg to high lvl mobs etc. Dunno what ML line to go, battlemaster or warlord ? , allwyas thought warlord had better stuff tbh, especially rthat shout to scare pets away but i digress.:touch:

Going above 50 in your pole spec DOES increase your damage and your weaponskill, you should always stay at 50 pole spec, not for the style but for the top end damage and weaponskill.

Your base damage type, like slash, crush, thrust, raises the bottom floor of your damage (your minimum damage) therefore decreasing damage variance and so is less important but good for reliable damage. But after 50 effective spec it does next to nothing. So going 39+11 is as good as going 50 +whatever.

Parry sucks? says who? show me how?

Parry is possibly the best defense you can get, it suffers no penalties vs dual weild users which is a major percentage of the most dangerous enemy rvr classes and it actually works with your pole out, unlike shield hybrids.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
u sure ? ive had high parry before on some chars and i barely ever parry, seemed to me like a waste of spec points :/

so ure saying the base dmg , ie : crush, if i have it 39+11 then it wont be less effective than 50+11 ?

if so,then i guess ill go 50 pole 39 crush rest parry (well, 7 shield for engage) , ill trust you on this one as u know what ure on about lol, i just tend to go from previous bad experiences :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Above 50 in base damage type has negligible differance, chances are you could go lower and still not notice a differance.

With 40+ parry you should be parrying around 30-40% depending on masteries. Any less and you need to look at your dex.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Good Good :)

Righto, thats all that finally sorted then. Now all i gotta do is actually get the game up and running :p

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Good Good :)

Righto, thats all that finally sorted then. Now all i gotta do is actually get the game up and running :p

yeah might help :england:

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
OOOOHHHH

Ok another Armsmany question.
Ok so i settled back on making that inconnu armsman again, but heres what i want to know.

Let me get this straight then, with 1 HANDED weapons , going over 50 skill does not increase your dmg correct ? only with 2 handed and pole ? . You see i want to do something rare and stupid and go thrust with him, i was planning on 50shield 39thrust and the rest parry, making me stupidly hard to hit in melee, basicly going to use it as a defensive bot, i say 39 thrust because iirc the 44 move off the detaunt is just a snare and dragonfang hasnt been fixed for arms yet (if ever), so providing going over 39+11 doesnt affect me too bad i can shove all them points into parry incase duel weilders attack me :)

I intends to autotrain him 1-48, arms auto slash and thrust iirc so thats another few points for parry. i just need to confirm that 39+11 thing, or would that actually drop my overal weaponskill too much ?
Btw going inconnu for the Dex , id go saracen but the con loss not good for an arms and besides they look to gangly :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It would drop your weaponskill a bit.

Max damage from skills (at RR1) is got through :

one handed - 50+11 base weapon type
shield - 50+11 shield
two handed - 50+11 two handed AND 39+11 base weapon type
polearm - 50+11 polearm AND 39+11 base weapon type

Of course, you can go with less than that and still do decent damage. I think the way it works out is that over 50/51 skill only the style damage increases, not the base damage.

Darzil

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Think you miss understood.

IF you are using a polearm or a two-handed weapon, only polearm or two-hand spec effects your weaponskill.
In THIS situration going over 50 in slash/crush/thrust is not needed and does not effect weaponskill, it only decreases damage variance by increasing your bottom damage.

IF your using a 1 handed slash/crush/thrust weapon then slash/crush/thrust works just like normal and increases your weapon skill and continues to do so over 50 and so should aim for 50+11 like normal for weaponskill and damage cap.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Soooo i was thinking now of the
44/44/44 spec , im not planning on making my armsman a solo killer, i never did, in fact, more than anything i want him as a stupidly nasty defender in pve and pretty much that for RvR too, making use of the new Fluff they gave us and pretty much defending my ass off for the squishies at the back :)

i dont expect Pug's as ill be guild RvR'ing with old mates, now tbh i really like that spec, in fact i can go 44/44/45 if i auto , yay 1 spec dif :) , only reason id go so high parry is cos if i do get bored and decide to solo ill be able to hold my own vs duel weilders a lot better too. Also, i like the idea of using a haproon, especially as itll look like a pole from a distance lol. Is that one from Sidi for mincer/infil only ? Bane i think? , i hope not, but if it is theres plenty of ToA ones i spose

has anyone ever tried that 44wep 44shield 44parry b4 ? (think its 6 xbow too :p ) , thrust also nice vs enemy realms, admitedly not as good as crush dmg table wise but its better than slash, 44wep shuldnt dmg my wepskill "too" badly either so long as i have the max + i hope.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Think you miss understood.

IF you are using a polearm or a two-handed weapon, only polearm or two-hand spec effects your weaponskill.
In THIS situration going over 50 in slash/crush/thrust is not needed and does not effect weaponskill, it only decreases damage variance by increasing your bottom damage.

IF your using a 1 handed slash/crush/thrust weapon then slash/crush/thrust works just like normal and increases your weapon skill and continues to do so over 50 and so should aim for 50+11 like normal for weaponskill and damage cap.

Depends on styles though for crush and slash its worth it since they both have styles that you will use. Going from 39-50 in thrust for 2 styles you either wont use or can't use, for a small bonus in 1h style damage and wep skill is not worth it imo. Those spec points would be better used boosting parry up especially if your going 1h and shield.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
Depends on styles though for crush and slash its worth it since they both have styles that you will use. Going from 39-50 in thrust for 2 styles you either wont use or can't use, for a small bonus in 1h style damage and wep skill is not worth it imo. Those spec points would be better used boosting parry up especially if your going 1h and shield.

Good point, tho, the only thing i would say, and i shuldnt cos u lot play arms more and better than me so i dunno why i argue lol, but, the snare, its off a detaunt right, but surely the detaunt makes u block/parry more cos of the defensive bonus so if i was using the snare as a getaway (say if solo) it cant be that bad right ? , tho u may be right tbh, guess i will drop thrust to 39, what would u recomend putting the spare into tho, more shield or more parry ? (xbow is a waste imo)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Also, i like the idea of using a harpoon, especially as itll look like a pole from a distance lol. Is that one from Sidi for mincer/infil only ? Bane i think? , i hope not, but if it is theres plenty of ToA ones i spose.

Cept ofc it wont look like a pole will it cos ull have a whopping great shield dumbass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom