Armsman TL

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
gunner440 said:
huma and gambit were the best

rest are wannabes

Which include you ^^

And Those guys were noobs tbh :D. 50 2h / 50 Base weapon. They just happend to start Early in the game and play Alot with the right people. Hmmm best Arms I've seen play from a neutral stand point would be Rales or Bracken tbh. Also a guy called Raptor used to be good xD

The best would be people that still enjoy the class and want to see it do well thou. Not Bitter angry peeps that insult a class they must have enjoyed to some degree to play it at all xD.

Also if I was playing a Class to RR10 and didnt know its weakness's I wouldnt comment tbh xD Or Just reroll class or server which ever. Gratz on your Discussion xDDD

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
the thing is

they were the best

hands down...

and yes i know what i said and i include myself in the wannabes

oh and aikmore too.. he rocked

Marc

FH is my second home
Serious question. Have mythic ever had a Q and A where someone has asked them why they treat arms with such contempt when the entire DAoC database is crying out for improvements. If so, what was their answer? And im not talking about TL feedback where they say "working as intended etc"

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Those are precisely the questions you never see answered. If you ask why they are not answered they'll just say the question was not constructive or objective.

As for Snapshot theres hundreds of ideas better then what we are getting but again mythic don't give a shit. Snapshot has its uses but its pathetically weak compared to other classes abilities, which is the story of an armsmans life really so at least mythic are consistant.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
^tell that to vindi he doesnt realise those 3 were the key armsmen in daoc exc history :/

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
gunner440 said:
^tell that to vindi he doesnt realise those 3 were the key armsmen in daoc exc history :/

Aikmore did rock :D.

I know Huma and Gambit did well 2 but that was back then when everybody wasnt lvl 50 and practically nobody had good resist's and guard bots just werent about and people rarely got healed just "ffs why no heals?" at the druids / healers. If you could find any Mend spec'd healers back then! :mad:

I really dont think there good comparasions to post SI RvR combat even if they did play well for what they had ^^

And Marc im Afraid Kag's right. They just dont give a shit but time can mend many wounds perhaps they will mend Armsmens.

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
IMO i think that the decent armsmen are the ones who stick with them through thick and thin, and not drop them like a hot brick when they dont perform as good as other classes. As i have said before, Heath is my main, will stay my main, and will prolly be the most played char i have. Unloved and unwanted, but not by me. And, i remember a long time ago when i got my SCd stuff, Brack gave me info for a decent spec...ta m8 (o: :cheers:

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Starting class : Fighter. The presence of an Armsman is a sure sign of imminent defeat to any approaching enemy. The mere appearance of the greatest warriors is generally enough to ward off all but the most sturdy of enemy troops. Armsmen are solid fighting men with a strong defense and impenetrable armor. The fact that they respect no code of honor does not constitute a weakness on the battlefield.

Bahahahahaah if only... damn GoA does like to rub it in eh?

You have to laugh only way to stay sane as an arms these days, and its about to get worse with n00b Frontiers.

macddon

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Mythic probably know full well the problems with armsmen... don't need a TL to pass them on.

However, armsmen are in albion and are fairly popular (even if most of them are retired whilst people play their alts) so if Mythic boost them... more people play albion actively.

Think that most people who have a retired armsman are still active in Alb, so improving them , would not necessarily mean an increase in realm population just an increase in actives one class and a very small decrease in some of the other classes. Though we do have some severe problems we are no totally useless in rvr, though sometimes it appears that way. It would help, if we were loved alittle more by our realm, and they allowed us into groups. Unfortunately these days it is more down to personality than ability if you get into a rvr grp. Or whether your guild is active in rvr (armsman in non-rvr-active guild, with few friends has no chance of getting high rvr) I find it very hard sometimes when i am in rvr for hours and get maybe 1k rps, knowing full well a solo kill earns 600+ rps. My arms is my main, and i try to play it more than any of my other level 50s, but even trying to get a balanced template in ToA seems impossible, especially as a s/s arms. It must be one of the few classes that struggles to kill a yellow unbuffed, let alone a low orange or red, though I did read somewhere that a crush/shield specced arms can apparently kill high reds/low purps - i must say i queried that

Macddon Lvl 50 rr 3l9 ML5

Ialkarn

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
huma and gambit were the best

rest are wannabes

Vindicator said:
And Those guys were noobs tbh :D. 50 2h / 50 Base weapon. They just happend to start Early in the game and play Alot with the right people.

How you know since you wasn't there?
Huma was 2h for most of his career ,he was 2h when he xped he was 2h when made rr5-6 .(here is when you started to play daoc I guess),then he respecced hibrid polearm/slam.
He was actually one of the best players of the history of Albion Exalibur.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
Which include you ^^

And Those guys were noobs tbh :D. 50 2h / 50 Base weapon. They just happend to start Early in the game and play Alot with the right people. Hmmm best Arms I've seen play from a neutral stand point would be Rales or Bracken tbh. Also a guy called Raptor used to be good xD
ummm I guess you didn't see much then

chuffy & aik were great sheildys
ialk & gunnerr were great offensives
didn't get to play with huma, but I take gunz & ialks word first.
Gambit... is an evil gimp and always will be.
Radium was good but AFK :D
Cho & Jinny >>> Gambie ^^

Mythic won't ever fix armsmen for the simple reason that Albion is way to fucking populated (even more so on USA servers) and they don't want ppl to play it. Why give players any reason to stay when you need them to move to Hib?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
ummm I guess you didn't see much then

chuffy & aik were great sheildys
ialk & gunnerr were great offensives
didn't get to play with huma, but I take gunz & ialks word first.
Gambit... is an evil gimp and always will be.
Radium was good but AFK :D
Cho & Jinny >>> Gambie ^^

Mythic won't ever fix armsmen for the simple reason that Albion is way to fucking populated (even more so on USA servers) and they don't want ppl to play it. Why give players any reason to stay when you need them to move to Hib?

You know I rocked too :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if they removed doublespeccing 2h or pole spec would let you hit for 2h damage on any damage type...

not as big a difference as it was before LWs and such but it's a bonus.

I'd agree most armsmen still play albion over here - swapping servers is a lot more common in the US I believe, at least peolpe always talk about their "hibs on X and Y servers that they might make full time".

Armsmen aren't bad, they're just obsolete.

(it's also a bit depressing that there's only one polearm artifact compared to how many 2h?)

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
if say clerics had end regen (shammy style) and armsmen had bof instead of clerics

they could delete the paladin class except regtur

then MAYBE armsmen might be considered for group

but not the shit ones (like calamore)

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
i don't think the TL's make a real difference anyway as their reports get ridiculed by mythics minstrel playing dev's anyway ^^

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
i don't think the TL's make a real difference anyway as their reports get ridiculed by mythics minstrel playing dev's anyway ^^

thought they all rerolled to Savages :kissit:

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Ialkarn said:
How you know since you wasn't there?
Huma was 2h for most of his career ,he was 2h when he xped he was 2h when made rr5-6 .(here is when you started to play daoc I guess),then he respecced hibrid polearm/slam.
He was actually one of the best players of the history of Albion Exalibur.

Sure I was. or as Asha says uhmmm I guess you didnt see much.

That's your opnion and ye he respec'd to Hybrid and then retired shortly after having not RvR'd much with the spec.

Listen Just because you got rr10 doesnt mean you know anything about the Armsman Class. Im sure you know how to play a Offensive tank very well considering you got to rr10. Whether somebody let you play a Merc / Zerker / BM / Warrior / Hero etc you would do well with them im sure as many of your former enemys could back up that statement 2 but As for the Mechanics of the Armsman Class you werent exactly Versed. The fact you refused to go Hybrid for what ever reason showed this. The "Slam is for girls" was Cute but well not to be insulting, ignorant.

Well this Thread wasnt about old retired people or who was the best at anything. Gunz started that. This Thread was about the current state of armsmen and how to go about addresing ther problems to which very few people who posted on this Thread have a clue. Just some Buddy backing up / highly opinionated tripe.

Well at least the class is getting 'some' Forum time xD.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I don't know, not knowing the intricacies of every spec of your class does not exactly constitute as being a "noob" as you put it, Vindi. For me, being a good player at your class (i.e. not a "noob") is to get the most out of your char and spec playing in RvR. Granted, there is a theoretical side as well, but this side of the game was rather recently discovered (in the early stages of DAoC, people were not crunching the numbers and min-maxing nearly to the same extent as they do now). To be honest, all the findings you are quoting regarding weaponskill, damage and the merits of hybrid spec are recent. Don't try and tell me you were figuring these things out on your own when you were still levelling your armsman, or in early L50 RvR. We were all "noobs" once.

In conclusion, Huma and Aikmore were very good players. Your statement is not only incorrect, IMO, but also insulting.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
I don't know, not knowing the intricacies of every spec of your class does not exactly constitute as being a "noob" as you put it, Vindi. For me, being a good player at your class (i.e. not a "noob") is to get the most out of your char and spec playing in RvR. Granted, there is a theoretical side as well, but this side of the game was rather recently discovered (in the early stages of DAoC, people were not crunching the numbers and min-maxing nearly to the same extent as they do now). To be honest, all the findings you are quoting regarding weaponskill, damage and the merits of hybrid spec are recent. Don't try and tell me you were figuring these things out on your own when you were still levelling your armsman, or in early L50 RvR. We were all "noobs" once.

In conclusion, Huma and Aikmore were very good players. Your statement is not only incorrect, IMO, but also insulting.

Well I think the :D at the end of calling them noobs would merit a tone of Humour or This Statement.

Vindicator said:
Aikmore did rock :D.

I know Huma and Gambit did well 2 but that was back then when everybody wasnt lvl 50 and practically nobody had good resist's and guard bots just werent about and people rarely got healed just "ffs why no heals?" at the druids / healers. If you could find any Mend spec'd healers back then! :mad:

I really dont think there good comparasions to post SI RvR combat even if they did play well for what they had ^^

Nobody Considers the Newer Armsmen or 1's who played after the aforementioned Armsmen any good. Hmm and why ? There werent in the guilds of the irc / forum hounds who post in 2day's thread OR were simply not 'old school' Enough / didnt play enough for some peoples likes etc. Of Course there are alot of Great armsmen not mentioned and Yes belo you are right nobody focused much about the utility of a Class / Group / Realm much back then. Now that it is something thats done and the armsmen that were/ are present for that era are not judged by the standard of those older armsmen although arguably they play with more thought / 'skill' < yes we can discuss that for hours xD> than back earlier in the game when it just wasnt so important or Mezz battles were much more the deciding Factor as opposed to Performance of Tanks / healers / casters etc.

So while I see your point there wasnt insult intended and even stated to the contraire. What is apparent is the Buddy System congruent in the Thread.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
gunner440 said:
haha

why is that?

Perhaps you Could Enlighten Us ? I was Sure calling on your 'Mates' For backup stopped when you became Confident Enough and Sure of your self when you Grew up.

< Not to call anybody Immature but the lacking in Self Confidence and being able to handle your self usually Come with Age>

Ialkarn

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
Sure I was.
Uh? where? in tomb of Mithra? you don't even had a clue about how he was specced.

Vindicator said:
That's your opnion and ye he respec'd to Hybrid and then retired shortly after having not RvR'd much with the spec.

Yes and it's also the opinion of several skilled players who groupped him and faced him in battle.

Vindicator said:
Listen Just because you got rr10 doesnt mean you know anything about the Armsman Class. Im sure you know how to play a Offensive tank very well considering you got to rr10. Whether somebody let you play a Merc / Zerker / BM / Warrior / Hero etc you would do well with them im sure as many of your former enemys could back up that statement 2 but As for the Mechanics of the Armsman Class you werent exactly Versed. The fact you refused to go Hybrid for what ever reason showed this. The "Slam is for girls" was Cute but well not to be insulting, ignorant.

Have earned a high rank whit a class dosen't make you automatically skilled or not even expert ,but when you look for the best of a class you pick on the top of it, certanly not on the bottom,where I 'm sorry you are.
You can think I 'm ignorant and I m not "versed" (for trolling the forum?) but isn't on forums where things get proved... it's in game.

Vindicator said:
Well this Thread wasnt about old retired people or who was the best at anything. Gunz started that.

Then don't insult their memory:Huma proved his valor in game when he played the game,have respect for him.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Vindicator said:
Perhaps you Could Enlighten Us ? I was Sure calling on your 'Mates' For backup stopped when you became Confident Enough and Sure of your self when you Grew up.

< Not to call anybody Immature but the lacking in Self Confidence and being able to handle your self usually Come with Age>

^ i was referring to that.

not u :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom