Armsman TL

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
After readng the post about the tanky guild (damn fine idea, i may add)..i was just wondering..do the armsmen have a TL...i remember reading somewhere the name Mors. Is that correct, if so, what the hell has he done for us. As far as i can see, and i have had my armsman since April 2002, we have had nothing to improve us. Others get upgrades...or nerfs because they are to overpowered. But, we stay the same. If anyone can list what changes armsmen have had (that improves us) over the past 2 years...please do. Not that i am giving up hope. I pray for the day when something nice is given to us by Mythic :wub:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
There is an Armsman TL, I believe he got recently ripped to shit for doing fuck all to help the class. Think his armsman is inactive iirc. Mythic did do one thing to help armsmen, they gave you 4 new char slots. Use them wisely. Oh and a delete button.

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
There is an Armsman TL, I believe he got recently ripped to shit for doing fuck all to help the class. Think his armsman is inactive iirc. Mythic did do one thing to help armsmen, they gave you 4 new char slots. Use them wisely. Oh and a delete button.

:twak: Stop stealing ideas of the old armsman TL ....we all know they were his suggestions (o:
Seriously though...he is/was a TL with an inactive char..what a wanker. No wonder we have been getting screwed over. I hope they sack his pansy ass and get somebody who can do the job. Maybe get rid of that asshole double spec for a start. And, maybe give us a class only end chant (so we dont scare pallies) but makes using styles and FF a bit more viable for us....after all, they did give us the damn things...like giving somebody a car without the battery in it.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I do realize Armsmen are hurting. However, this kind of thread seems to pop up at least once or twice every month. :) No, Armsmen did not get any boost since the introduction of cheap tank RAs. It's going to be even worse in NF (for all tanks, however).

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
armsman can walk & shoot with xbow at same time now right? that's some serieus loving :XXX

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
As I posted a while ago:

NetNifty said:
Better to have no TL than Mors imo.

Mythic: How is the armsman class? We've noticed theres less than 16 armsman on primetime at most on most servers.
Mors: Armsman remain a highly played class with very passionate players.

and

Mors: People don't like a statement I made about the class is highly played. Well I gotta tell you.. Mythic thinks it is a highly played class and has been for years.

translation: I tell Mythic what they want to hear.

Armsmen: Mors, where's your test data?
<3 months later> Mors: Here's a log of me using 6 styles against a test mob!

Armsmen: Here's some corrections to your TL report.
<Mors submits it unchanged>
Armsmen: Why didn't you change the report, even the spelling corrections we posted were ignored.
Mors: Dont give me his open ended stuff.. All you did was complain about population. We have already identified the issues in the report and I have made the case that population is dwindling. They already understand the impact of NF on tanks and classes without range.

I've given up on my arms... get more groups as my necro, and more fun solo, only really log my arms to craft now :/

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
NetNifty said:
only really log my arms to craft now :/

Ya... if my Armsman wasent my AC'er he would be deleted now... still kicking my self for not makeing a pally instead... :mad:

pretty sure i read somewhere Mors stepped down cos basically he was shit.. hadnt logged into Pend for over 4 months.. not even once for NF testing..
tbh Arms need an VERY active HIGH RR TL.. someone who can tell mythic the problems and keep pestering them constantly for updates... cos looking thru mor's website he basically only became TL so he could go to functions.. :puke:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Mythic probably know full well the problems with armsmen... don't need a TL to pass them on.

(There's doublespeccing and generally just not being at all interesting... though if they removed doublespeccing armsmen would have a "any damage type" benefit that might give them a reason to exist ;))

However, armsmen are in albion and are fairly popular (even if most of them are retired whilst people play their alts) so if Mythic boost them... more people play albion actively.

Same problem with Wizards - there's millions of them so even if they are underpowered, making them even will have a big effect on the realm war.

Still, hopefully all the "ooh new classes" and population stuff will fix the populations in the US enough for us to see some class-balancing for the under par Albion classes.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
a while ago i did ask mythic if the could implement a natural shapeshifter ability (e.g. heros/zerkers) for albion/armsmen. Albion the only realm that do not have this. And if they could give armsman this ability - i think i called it a sentinel.

The odd thing is i actual got a reply, saying thank you for your suggestion, we will look it to it.

or something like that :)

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
please nooo .. don't my Jimmythepost any more uber ;)

but yeah poor armsmen and women need a bit of loving.
I've just made A HO slash pole one for bg.

yeah they hit hard ( Front load4thewin) but they have recieved no lovin since all primary tanks got the cheap ra's.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I only log in armsman to pay rent and check ME since January... :(

Drav

Loyal Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:

Hes only ubah cos he has 7 other folk in front of him doing deh human shield dance, until they all start floor surfing and he bashes helm speed and legs it back to atk ;)

Arms are un-officially dead, I still play mine and he still remains my main, but if you look at the nerfs arms have got Mythic have pretty much made us the char that all Hibs and Mids know and love... basically we are the rp cows of albion.... Mythic knows we are majorly under-powered compared to the other 2 heavy tanks and intends to keep us that way.

Double speccing is once again "under discussion" i.e. they're bullshitting to us in the hope that all the non-(I cant be arsed to)-rerollers dont just quit the game this instant and swan off to a decent mmo that gives a shit about balance.

Snapshit, I wont even worth ranting about, cos Im kinda ignoring it.

Some of us are still around, and hopefully the NF tank nerf from hell wont kill off all of us, would be kinda a shame if there werent any of us around.....then again tho my 45 necro is looking more and more viable for RvR while my arms is flumoxing somewhere around the toilet bowl of class gimpdom/class death.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Vindicator said:
On a 1v1 Basis Warrior > Hero > Arms

Group basis Warrior - Hero > Arms

Styles Hero > Warrior - Arms

As mentioned before, its not Double speccing which is the Problem. It's the lack of reward for double speccing which Hurts Armsmen. If they were simply rewarded for each point spent in a base weapon damage then the Armsman class it's self could hold its own again and wouldnt matter if it was Pure s/s - hybrid - Full 2h / Pole.

Such Bonus's would be as follows for ever point spend in Base weapon until 50:

1 Base weapon Points adds
- .5% to by pass Shield
- .5% To Penetrate BT
- .25% Chance To Crit < Like a Base Mop that stacks with Mop>
- .25% Chance to Increase Swing speed on each consecutive Hit < a haste effect but you must hit to build up speed until 20% Haste>
- .25% Chance to Snare Enemy no matter Position < A base but not as effective PF ^^>
- .25% increase in parry Skill meaing 12.5% more chance to parry to off set Hybrid or Full offense lack of Defence.

For Example if an Armsman was to spec 50 2h 50 Slash he would automatically get

25% base chance to penetrate bt
25% base chance to by pass block
12.5% base Mop for Crits
Possible 20% haste on Consecutive swings
12.5% Chance to Snare enemy whether its to peel a tank off support or slow the MA's Target
12.5% + 5% base chance to parry on top of his spec giving him better defence.

While I dont think all of these would / Should be implemented < Oh would I love that xD> But If even some of these were brought in it would Make the Armsman a Very Viable Class, Whether they wer a Full s/s As they get things like + to crit dmg , a any position PF , self haste + Defence etc or for the Hybrid who would take advantage to a certain Degree with all the abilities as he should or the Fully Offensive Arms gets Full dmg Potential and increased groupability.

So Really the problem with Armsmen is not Double speccing, in fact it should be our salvation. It's the Lack of Reward for double speccing that is the problem ^^

Oh and a .75% Chance to 1 shot with Xbow for ever point spend in xbow xD

-Just for Jimmy mate \o/

< Yes I know some mercs and other ppl will prob cry about it making ther class shit or how overpowered it would be but I did say some not all and its only a suggestion after all and Armsen really do need a boost of some kind ^^>
Giv and tbh arms would r0x xD

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
As I have stated the last few times this type of Armsman TL thread has come up, it wouldn't make a blinding bit of differance if we had the greatest TL on the planet on our side, Mythic DON'T CARE.

Yes Mors is shit, he is a crap tl, but we cannot blame him for the state of the class, its not his fault and even if he did a great job as tl and wrote up brilliant, detailed and well informed reports every month, Armsmen would not have one single ounce of improvements to use then they have now.

Look at all the good reports for other classes, even struggling class, then look at Mythics replies.

Most of them say:

No change, Design decision, or words to that effect.

Mythic do not and never have listened to the TL's, they are just a front to give the illusion that they care about our opinions and all the hard work the tl's have put into the reports (except Mors) is just being wasted.

You could count the class changes for the entire daoc world that have come from a tl's suggestion on 1 hand.

So yes, Mors is shit, but don't fool yourself into thinking we'd of been better of with a good TL, we'd still be in the exact same condition.

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Kagato said:
Mythic do not and never have listened to the TL's, they are just a front to give the illusion that they care about our opinions and all the hard work the tl's have put into the reports (except Mors) is just being wasted.

You could count the class changes for the entire daoc world that have come from a tl's suggestion on 1 hand.

So yes, Mors is shit, but don't fool yourself into thinking we'd of been better of with a good TL, we'd still be in the exact same condition.

/agree tbh Mythic are the ones screwing us over, sad thing is tho Mors is getting something out of the TL program, E3 tickets :///

Folks should notice double speccing is "under discussion" again, its been "under discussion" for the past 2 years, it should've been fixed in beta, but hell we couldnt have casters dying to a polearms plated tank could we.... oh fuck no we couldnt.

Mors is a twat, mythic are twats....this week Im finding watching the old star wars trilogy on DVD more interesting than actually logging on so here is a themed summary:

Luke Skywalker: "What is it?"

Obi 1 Kenobi: "That is your fathers polearm. The polearm is the weapon of an armsman, not as clumsy or random as a crappy snapshit xbow. A more elegant weapon for a more civilised age. For over a thousand years armsman we're the guardians of peace and justice in old Albion. Before the dark times, before deh gimpage!"

......................................................................................................

[Darth Vader death stars Hibernia, all deh Armsman of Albion cheer as millions of caster scum get wiped out in one fell swoop, meanwhile, on deh otherside of deh galaxy two paladin wannabe's sense something thru "deh 4rce"]

Obi 1:"Use deh force Luke! Let go Luke!"

Luke Skywalker:"Please BEN!!! I just want end chant, pls pls let me re-roll!"

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Tabled - Need new argument or new information.

i dont think Mythic play daoc anymore anyway

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Cant say i like the suggestion of shapeshifting, Armsmen are supposed to be the classic , Knights of Old, midgard is about weird gods and crap and hibernia is nature and magic so they'd have a viable reason to have a shapeshifting class, it just wouldnt seem right for an arms <Theres Artis to do it anyway lol>

But yeah, armsman do need love so bad it hurts. As sucky as the runing with xbow and shooting sounds , it will probably be very usefull for shooting the cowards that leggit from u in the back, but the problem is, u need to RR5 to get this, and since Arms hardly get grps in RvR anymore, how many of u will get high enuf to use it in the first place.

Another horrible thing is , the use of poles, the biggest/slowest dmg wep in the game. Thats DMG !! , but hey..

Reavers do stupidly better dmg than an arms faster and with better moves and they spec shield with NO penalty to base dmg because flex doesnt need one. Add to this all thier spells and procs, sure they got shit hp and lesser armour but thier lifetaps and blocking <Did i forget to mention PARRY and EVADE> sorts this out.
And Mercs, hit faster, better styles, dirty tricks, dual weild , parry evade.. and mercs hp is damn good too. Mercs outdmg the Arms in amount of dmg done in a shorter amount of time.

Wont bother including Paladins to the argument cos this is RvR im talking about, and they just pure suck Dmg wise and here comes the "OI piss off my pally is ubah in RvR " remarks, but most arent unless specced purely for RvR.

It's Disgraceful that the MAIN tank of Albion shuld be left so far behind the others in everything it does, as for the endurance issue, i could be wrong but im damn sure they get a self endurance regen in NF but i dont know. Find some high RR Armsman if they aint allready quit and lets vote for a new TL.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
[SS]Gamblor said:

but yeah poor armsmen and women need a bit of loving.
I've just made A HO slash pole one for bg.

yeah they hit hard ( Front load4thewin) but they have recieved no lovin since all primary tanks got the cheap ra's.
If I recall tho, the main reason for that loving was due to the main tanks at the time being mezzed through 99% of all conflicts. They perhaps went over the top with Det etc

Removing dbl speccing would bring us a bit close to other heavy tanks usefullness wise.

As for the idea of Armsman having some kind of morph I would be totally against it, the Armsman is a pure tank, we dont have dual wield or evade or moose or whatever and frankly I'm not overly fussed.

Give is what were supposed to be, masters of all weaponry that we can wield, and let us do reasonable dmg with it.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
see thats the thing .. all Main and light tanks got that .. arms have just got a bit of loving while all other tanks /light tanks got the same and more

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Tay said:
Removing dbl speccing would bring us a bit close to other heavy tanks usefullness wise.

As for the idea of Armsman having some kind of morph I would be totally against it, the Armsman is a pure tank, we dont have dual wield or evade or moose or whatever and frankly I'm not overly fussed.

No removing Double speccing woudlnt. What would your spec with without double speccing ?

50 Pole /2h 50 shield and 28 parry eh ?

Paladin is Still better in a Purely Defensive Role.

Merc will Still Outdamage you.

Double Speccing is our Salvation, Rewards for Double spec. Read my suggestions xD. Implement my Ideas and would make s/s Arms - Hybird - 2h/pole arms all useful and much higher Utility.

Oh and ye Im against some Shape Shifiting ability. At the end of the day it would just be a Fluff ability and also thats not suiting to what the Armsman Class is all about :). Hero's get Moose because they are part of the magical Realm and warriors get damage / defence because they are part of the Melee Realm.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
tbh I think that the reason armsmen are as hard off compared to the other tanks (eg. warrior and hero) is to do with the whole alb 'overpopulation' 'problem', I dont really understand why mythic think its a problem but the feeling I get from the replies about catacombs is that basically because alb 'looks' the coolest (and so get most of the new ppl), we get the arse end of most things to make up for it.

Having played a scout through the 'bad times' when (it felt as tho) we got almost as badly ignored as armsmen, i know that it can be a real pain in the backside, hopefully soon mythic will start to realise that armsmen need 'somthing' to make them work. the idea about increased returns for points spent is one of the best I've heard. as giving them some kind of 'spell' (eg. a sort of end regen) will just move them away from what mythic seems to want to keep them as.

Then again I dont have an armsmen so what would I know :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Vindicator said:
No removing Double speccing woudlnt. What would your spec with without double speccing ?

Double Speccing is our Salvation, Rewards for Double spec. Read my suggestions xD. Implement my Ideas and would make s/s Arms - Hybird - 2h/pole arms all useful and much higher Utility.

Oh and ye Im against some Shape Shifiting ability. At the end of the day it would just be a Fluff ability and also thats not suiting to what the Armsman Class is all about :). Hero's get Moose because they are part of the magical Realm and warriors get damage / defence because they are part of the Melee Realm.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

^^^
MYTHIC OMG READ tbh

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Dukat said:
Having played a scout through the 'bad times' when (it felt as tho) we got almost as badly ignored as armsmen, i know that it can be a real pain in the backside, hopefully soon mythic will start to realise that armsmen need 'somthing' to make them work. the idea about increased returns for points spent is one of the best I've heard. as giving them some kind of 'spell' (eg. a sort of end regen) will just move them away from what mythic seems to want to keep them as.

Mythic know Arms need something m8, they just DONT WANT to fix it, they want to keep us as shit useless gimps that only noobular fools will ever roll who come to DAoC.... Armsmen in droves have been posting feedback and retiring over the past 6 months... and we get what a double spec discussion, and a copy paste TL report that gets replied to with nothing more than "Need new argument" horse shit pasted all over it.

Mythic will not fix us, not now, not in 5 years time when every other class including rejuve clerics can bash us into the ground because of the amount of love they have had over the years.

They are killing us off simply because we have no role in the game anymore.

Oh god and snapshot, what an insult that is, what a slap across the face of anyone who ever rolled an arms.

Make double speccing work, make those points count, those that spec 50 dmg type 50 pole/2H are putting more point into offense than the other realms so give us something to show for it ffs.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Vindicator said:

Why wouldnt removing dbl speccing bring us a bit close to the usefullness of Heros/Warriors? I beleive thats what I said...I never said it was the elixir, I said it would help...The key words there are "bring closer" not overpowered but slightly better than a kick in the bollocks.

I'm already resigned to the fact my Arms is shite and frankly always will be, he is a salvage bot now and sometimes I PVE with him when we do the dragon.

All my other chars with perhaps the exception of the my necro are fun to play and useful in a group. My Arms is the v poor relation.

Frankly, being able to have effectivly 50 slash/crush & Thrust would be nice too for me, I personally think that my Arms *can* be fun to play, bloody scary that he is still in the top 25-26 after not playing him for 1.5years :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I can't be arsed to going into all the crap again about why, if anyone is that interested they can read my replies in the last 10 threads of this nature, however as I said before i'd much rather they did NOT remove double speccing but just make it do what its supposed to do at the very least and negate damage variance. A tank that hits for his maximum damage every hit for sacrificing all his points on double spec would at least have an advantage if ever so small still, and offer an incentive for specing a secondary skill.

If they remove double spec we are left with nothing unique or defining and still no advantages to get us wanted again, what will you do with the extra points, put them in crossbow for snapshot? spec parry higher? It wont fix the class or make you anymore wanted.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
ive played an armsman now for over 18 months, deleted him once and remade him. Having more fun now that never.

Tbh honest double speccing isnt a problem, just a hinderance.

the one thing mythic could do and should do in my opinion is give arms evade 1.

this would allow full spec in thrust, give us more defence however slight.

not a biggy but would make all the difference imo.

also the merc ability charge would be an idea... tanks charge then shiedl slam ...hmmm works for me

thats my 2p's worth

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:
I can't be arsed to going into all the crap again about why, if anyone is that interested they can read my replies in the last 10 threads of this nature, however as I said before i'd much rather they did NOT remove double speccing but just make it do what its supposed to do at the very least and negate damage variance. A tank that hits for his maximum damage every hit for sacrificing all his points on double spec would at least have an advantage if ever so small still, and offer an incentive for specing a secondary skill.

If they remove double spec we are left with nothing unique or defining and still no advantages to get us wanted again, what will you do with the extra points, put them in crossbow for snapshot? spec parry higher? It wont fix the class or make you anymore wanted.

Yep Kag Agree. Double speccins the key, givf my idea's to Armsmen and we'd r0x again and actually be wanted in groups \o/

Along with Getting Rid of Snapshot 2 :mad:

20% Damage Absorb/ to all Resist's so as not to step on SB's toes or 20% Melee Haste < grp > would be a good replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom