Argos are fucking me around...

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Basically I ordered a desk from Argos on sunday but upon clicking confirm a message appeared saying they couldn't confirm my order and it would be confirmed (manually I suspect) in a couple of hours. I heard nothing more.

Fast forward about 3pm Tuesday when I decided to try again as obviously it'd been about 48 hours. The same message appeared again so I thought fuck it, let's buy from Tesco Direct, which I did at ~4pm.

Low and fuckin behold at 7pm, the original desk turns up. I immediately log onto my online banking to see i've been charged and immediately cancel my Tesco Direct order. But I try to ring Argos up and I talk to someone at 7:30pm, who 'escalates me' to someone else. I wait for 20-25 mins only to hang up, re-ring and find the offices are now closed.

I try again this morning and am on hold for 30 mins. No (even) initial reply.

Now none of this is my fault but I know I'm going to be charged for a fuckin desk I don't want and have it delievered tomorrow/Friday. I have no order numbers because, on my side, the order did not go through, and I can't contact them via email instead because I need the order number. Order tracker etc all in the account section show up with nothing.

Surely this is grounds enough to tell the delievery man to fuck off but what can I do about the money they'll charge me for the desk apart from ringing up and wasting my time & money to get them to undo their mistakes. I intend to complain too - I was under the impression I needed some kind of 'proof of purchase' for the product - which I do not have.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Refuse delivery and contact your bank to say that it was an unauthorised transaction. (which it was)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
The order number should be sent to your e-mail. I literally got off the phone from an argos cancellation 5 minutes ago strangely enough o_O. Unfortunately when you enter the order number though, you can't track it online... they refer you back to their 0845 (iirc) number the bastards.

I'd go with Ravens suggestion if they're pissing you about. Just try and fill in something online if you check your email for the order number and screenshot it. Then at least you can claim website ambiguity.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Aye the problem is - I never received any emails regarding the two products and the 'order number' never officially came up on the screen either as it said it'd confirm it later. So I don't have an order number I'm aware of but I am getting the products delievered.

I'm going to try them at 7pm when 0845 numbers are free ( I think? :d) and if no luck, I will go visit the bank and get a reversal. The only redeeming quality is, the desk isn't too bad quality!

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Even if it arrives and you accept delivery you can still send it back for a full refund under the distance selling regs. Easiest is to just refuse delivery.

Gray

FH is my second home
I'm working at Argos now myself but sadly not on Customer Services, so i have absolutely no idea of their protocol.

But a few things that i have been picking up here and there is if you speak to Argos Direct over the phone, they will be able to locate the order by doing a name and post code search because most of the time thats how they do their searches.

But it could be wrong, but i'd suspect speaking to Argos Direct first would be a good idea.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I recommend travelling back in time to Monday and ringing them up to see what the status of the original order was (or "is", if you catch my drift).

Damini

Part of the furniture
Remote purchasing laws gives you this right:

"The most important of these is the right to a 'cooling off' period. This gives you the right to cancel your order within seven working days, without having to pay anything"

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i have to admit i opened this expecting it to be jewellery-related
:(

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
i have to admit i opened this expecting it to be jewellery-related
:(

bling_bling.jpg

I opened a complaint with them via the website and they got back to me within 3-4 hours on my mobile - cancelled the order that way. She indeed did do a postcode search. It makes me wonder whether opening complaints is the most efficient way to deal with all parties in the future (complaint or not!)

Thanks all.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I opened a complaint with them via the website and they got back to me within 3-4 hours on my mobile - cancelled the order that way. She indeed did do a postcode search. It makes me wonder whether opening complaints is the most efficient way to deal with all parties in the future (complaint or not!)

Yes, yes it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom