Are you happy with the new classic merge?

are you happy?

• Total voters

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
We are committed to providing an English language server however and I can't see that we'll take that choice away from our players.

/devil's advocate mode on

Erm...

shouldn't that statement apply to all the possible server types the game has to offer?

In my opinion... it should....

/devil's advocate mode off...

Galadry

Fledgling Freddie
One thing that made me laugh - I saw my first monster in German and thought "ooh its a named mob". It wasnt - I realised that just about everything has a capital letter at the start of it, because its in German..doh.

I also saw drops in my inventory and got all excited because they had capital letters, which in English would indicate something special. Of course they turned out to be nothing special at all :) Particularly frustrating when you are in the Glashtin Forge and they drop things like unfinished armour that LOOK like real armour from the symbol. So now I have to delve them to find out!

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
I sort of answered this in this thread a few days ago.
Specifically I can't tell you what we will do when the population on the cluster drops to an unsustainable level. As I said before we'll likely have more options open to us at that point than we do at present and so it's a bit premature to say what we'll do. We are committed to providing an English language server however and I can't see that we'll take that choice away from our players.

I am grateful for your reply.

Thank you.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Succi said:
If you've been playing the game 5 years , 99% of ingame german text is gonna be obvious what it means

I understand what you're saying, but that's really not the point is it? I've played over 5 years in English, and consider it to be completely unacceptable that the game language be changed at this point.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Moaning Myrtle said:
I understand what you're saying, but that's really not the point is it? I've played over 5 years in English, and consider it to be completely unacceptable that the game language be changed at this point.

Many of us considered it unacceptable on classic, that didn't stop it happening though.

I can't help thinking that if daoc was actually advertised in the UK, like WoW currently is, then perhaps the server populations wouldn't fair so badly and classic wouldn't have had to have been clustered.

Maybe if GoA advertise now in the UK, they might just be in time to save the excal.pry cluster, but I doubt it.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Regarding Excal/Pry, it seems fairly obvious to me what GOA will do when it comes down to it. Since there's more than one German TOA cluster, the wisest course of action would be to cluster a German cluster with the English cluster, but use the English language ruleset, then offer /charcopy to another German cluster to anyone that wants to use it!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Im playing Gareth now and have to say, its great!

It truely is a 24/7 server, at 4pm uk time you can find fights. Its friendlier, there doesnt seem to be much elitism, hell, you get whined at for not adding!

Im loving it at the moiment

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I am playing Gareth hib too, friendly bunch of folks, busy server (over 800 people on at 2pm gmt and that doesn't incluse the rest of the cluster), next to no lag (Yes am a UK player), not to mention the latest patches, and far better customer communication.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
So tempted to roll a Hib char over there :)
You need a VISA card to pay internationally? My bank only issued me with this crappy Switch/Maestro thing.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
you do need a credit card...visa etc but you can get a 2 week trial acc free while you pester your bank to send you a proper credit card :)

Currently playing Maoixz a Sorc on Gareth and the server is such a breath of fresh air away from the "you must play like my style or be flamed to hell" EU players that seem left. (OK sweeping statement apols)

also i dont know german and only want to play classic ruleset so GOA forced me to reroll (heh)

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
You can pay for subs at paybycash.com I believe, works a bit like paypal I've been told, pay them by debit card, they pay your subs.

Would contact mythic just to confirm though before signing up.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Phantomby said:
you do need a credit card...visa etc but you can get a 2 week trial acc free while you pester your bank to send you a proper credit card :)

Currently playing Maoixz a Sorc on Gareth and the server is such a breath of fresh air away from the "you must play like my style or be flamed to hell" EU players that seem left. (OK sweeping statement apols)

also i dont know german and only want to play classic ruleset so GOA forced me to reroll (heh)

The German doesn't bother me beyond making it a bit more challenging but no way could I join a German guild and keep up. Lately my guild have left to play Vanguard and if they decide to stay there long-term, then I'll be leaving EU servers for the US ones to find some people to play with again. Be nice to join a big EU guild if there is one :)

There's no major rush so I'll try get a proper card asap. Thanks for the info about paybycash :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom