Are you happy with the compensation given for the downtime of Prydwen?

Are you happy with the compensation given due to downtime of Prydwen?

• Yes, I'm very happy with the compensation. Just what I wanted.

Votes: 143 32.4%
  • I don't have problems with it, but it could be better.

Votes: 104 23.5%
  • No, I'm not happy at all. GOA should have given us something lot better.

Votes: 145 32.8%
  • No opinion/Neutral

Votes: 50 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I'll be VERY pissed off if i'm missing items. The problem is i can't remember every thing item i have would be worried about reporting something that wasn't true.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
It's nice if you're up and coming but if you've got 50s then it's useless.

Plus if you have a lot of stuff and level 50s you'll be spending most of the compensatory XP period writing emails to GoA about your missing shit anyway.

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
yurithegreat said:
I just been compensated with 15plat for the loss of my items
Haven`t worked it out yet but i think i`m about 2p up from it
But then again thats only the items i`ve reported before the server went down
Theres still a chance they`ll have to compensate me for other items considering theres 66k items been deleted

The problem with compensating ppl with in-game money is inflation. People are losing rare/expensive items, meaning they're even MORE rare/expensive now, especially since ppl will be sitting around with lots of plats, but no items to buy for them.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I think the named items that can be replaced will be replaced but things like rogs and crafted gear can't be generated so have to be refunded with cash instead.

Just confirmed with a GM - rare stuff (like sililia's necklace for example) will be replaced.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
I think the named items that can be replaced will be replaced but things like rogs and crafted gear can't be generated so have to be refunded with cash instead.

Oh goodie...

I wonder how easy it'll be to find an active AC, SC and Alchemist who won't charge you 10 times what ever GoA give you for MP armour...

There are going to be a lot of people out of circulation for quite a while I'm guessing

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Got to agree with a few comments here.

Had a toon stripped of it's whole inventory - no arti's but quest gear and a lot of drops from mobs.

I am expecting cash in return but it is not a lot of use if I cannot immediately buy the missing gear back. In effect that toon is unplayable until it's items are sorted again and I know that most is not available on CM's.

So it looks as though the free period and time when I should be taking advantage of the rp/xp bonus is going to be spent farming.

Makes the compensation pretty useless for me.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Flimgoblin said:

Just confirmed with a GM - rare stuff (like sililia's necklace for example) will be replaced.

Thats pants :( , sometimes ROG's are just as valuable as named rares perhaps moreso as they are, as the name suggests unique!

I got a friend to check on my chars whilst I'm at work and 2 of the 4-5 I play have lost stuff, I was rather hoping that I would not have to worry about rogs that were on my char but it seems I better get the KY out :(

This is now simply a case of its too hard to regenerate ROG items, it exists in backups somewhere...gutted

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I think I was happy, but now I'm looking at having to remake armour / templates for the four characters my wife and I were planning to level using /freelevel, and also for the one I was planning to run ML's with this week and next, I reckon extending the period of greater levelling a few days would be a nice touch, so I can actually use it for as long as the server was down, rather than spending the time crafting.

Darzil

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
a compensation for losing alot of stuff that u know u had but cant remember what was called or where u got should be huge, it's not our fault that the server crash, goa never told us to keep archive of our items incase they fucked it all up etc, and some lost levels wich the time we spent on levelling cannot be replaced by anything, not even ingame cash or free game time and not everone had lvl0-9 artis that got a free ride to lvl10.

if they have the logs they claim they have for checking that what we claim is genuine, then they have the ability to check what level u where aswell as what artis you have without telling us to send them a long note, and they could check char level while they are at it and give the lost levels back to the PAYING customers.

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
a compensation for losing alot of stuff that u know u had but cant remember what was called or where u got should be huge, it's not our fault that the server crash, goa never told us to keep archive of our items incase they fucked it all up etc, and some lost levels wich the time we spent on levelling cannot be replaced by anything, not even ingame cash or free game time and not everone had lvl0-9 artis that got a free ride to lvl10.

if they have the logs they claim they have for checking that what we claim is genuine, then they have the ability to check what level u where aswell as what artis you have without telling us to send them a long note, and they could check char level while they are at it and give the lost levels back to the PAYING customers.

they gave my levs back np, not exactly hard to say you lost x levels aswell as items when you send righnow is it ?

Kikerumbo

Fledgling Freddie
Well...

The time that GOA must give us is the time that they had Pridwin down + the time that we are "naked" running aroung + a compensation in days.

Next thing is, why they are making us lose the time asking us to tell them what items we lost?

As soon as we tell them the items that we lost, they will check them in their database and if we had them after the "shutdown", they will give them back.

Why not, from the first time, as they know what we had, they give us our items without make us lose the time "Rightnow" them?

Well, I lost +-150P, my Village, all my merchants, 86points in my WCer skill, +-40.000rps, all the items on my 2 inner house vaults, all the items on my CM. That makes some nice LOTS of hours of my time lost. They never will give that back, because they told me that nothing appears in their. This was like 6months ago after an Excalibur restart.

Nice but late words. After that, nothing more. GOA is killing DAoC, and that's out of my understanding.

That's only my opinion. Have fun and good luck.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Arties not yet activated: They say if they give back arties that will be level 10, but if they wasn't active before? They give an activated level 10 arti (you can't trade but don't need scrolls) as they said before or you get an arti that isn't activated?

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I cant tell if im happy or not with what they are doing, since i lost levels on my sorc aswell, and dont know if thats gonna be fixed. (back to 44><).
About the money refounding thing, thats gonna be a problem. I think they should set up a merchant with all those "template" gems / items, at what ever the prices must have been before the server died. If they dont, an immolated ring is gonna sell for something like 50p -_-

Falukropp

Fledgling Freddie
Well, if I just could pick one thing that would be replaced it was a totally insane rog jewel, 28 str, 3x8% resists. Named drops are always replaceable, you just need some time.

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
I cant tell if im happy or not with what they are doing, since i lost levels on my sorc aswell, and dont know if thats gonna be fixed. (back to 44><).
About the money refounding thing, thats gonna be a problem. I think they should set up a merchant with all those "template" gems / items, at what ever the prices must have been before the server died. If they dont, an immolated ring is gonna sell for something like 50p -_-

Levels do get restored to the last FULL level on there backups, least thats reply i got, when i logged back in as heretic my bulbs were full and just needed hit a grey to ding each lev till i was 34 again :)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
suelothvar said:
Levels do get restored to the last FULL level on there backups, least thats reply i got, when i logged back in as heretic my bulbs were full and just needed hit a grey to ding each lev till i was 34 again :)
So all the xp you gain before they restore the old total is lost? Good to know this. Thanks for the info.

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
no im guessing if you go ahead and exp they will just add the levels you lost latter :) least when i asked if was safe to exp while i waited i was told Go ahead :)

as it turned out the server then went down anyway, and my cha was fixed by time it came back on monday, still waiting on vampiir account though...

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone seen a camp bonus above 50% yet ? I guess just slow to increase (in Albion/Prydwen).

Darzil

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Anyone seen a camp bonus above 50% yet ? I guess just slow to increase (in Albion/Prydwen).

Darzil

btw when you see you gain 10000 exp (5ooo camp bonus) thats not 50% mate, the 5000 was already added to the total, so its 100% least thats way i always thought it worked? same as damage...

though after 9 levs from 34-43 i havent seen any 120% yet

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I was exping a char on pywd and was well pissed i couldnt ding it 50 :<

How many free days are we offerred ? and my subs went down 2 days ago , will i still get , as i wont be renewing till next week which is a bummer and ill miss out on bonuses :<

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
suelothvar said:
no im guessing if you go ahead and exp they will just add the levels you lost latter :) least when i asked if was safe to exp while i waited i was told Go ahead :)

Lets see a sample scenario: You lost levels from 20 o 34, then you rightnow it, get to a good group, and get to say 35 before you get the restored levels, with a freelevel waiting for your login, what level would you get? If we have weeks time to exp again now, it can be an important question.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
i would guess..by the fact that a previous poster had to bash some mobs to ding each lvl in turn..they award the char with a set amount of XP like the gold n glorys did..i.e. they would give you the required XP for 20-34..so if you lvled to 35..you wouldnt get 14 lvls..but hte XP it would take to get the lvls...so @ 35..prolly give you, i dunno lvl 40/41 or something. seems fair tbh.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
The best idea I can come up with to help get ppl some decent stuff back is the Chests idea that they had on Gorre - everyone gets given a set number of KEYS dependant on their level - they then proceed to CHESTS and get items - any item they cannot use they can take to a CM like merchant who will buy it from them. This merchant can be visited by everyone so that items you may not want are still available to buy. Not a brilliant solution but you should end up enough gear to have your naked toon out and about and able to get some of this enhanced realm bonus.

Camp Bonus increase is nice but has made Insta area's obsolete - the Insta Bonus is not affected by this - and testing last night in Barrows Insta - I get 6mill xp for a lvl 40 mob in the insta and about 18mill for a lvl 40 in the barrows itself - so get out of those insta's :)

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
For the people who haven't read the Friday News yet, here is the description of the compensation GOA will give due to the downtime of Prydwen:

They will also restore/compensate for any lost object in your inventory. Are you happy with the compensation or do you think it could be better?

got most stuff i mentioned back + 215p and free game time and the bonuses

cant blame them tbh :)

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
suelothvar said:
btw when you see you gain 10000 exp (5ooo camp bonus) thats not 50% mate, the 5000 was already added to the total, so its 100% least thats way i always thought it worked? same as damage...

though after 9 levs from 34-43 i havent seen any 120% yet

Since I cant play my Ranger during this increased XP time (C'mon GOA sort it out!! either extend the XP time or count it from when you fix the chars) I decided to play with my chanter in Alb land, I was leveling my Jacinas Sash and Cloudsong v quickly on the 110mill I was getting for killing oranges.

I seemed to be getting close to 120% but its hard to tell cuz I was prolly getting cap anyway I dunno if that affects it.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
GOA will offer a free subscription corresponding to the actual duration of server shutdown to every player owning an active account on the English servers at the date of Prydwen's shutdown
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

hmm if understand this correct, i am getting free days to play daoc, yet today my accounts was closed.
guess need pay it to open.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
LawBringer said:
The best idea I can come up with to help get ppl some decent stuff back is the Chests idea that they had on Gorre - everyone gets given a set number of KEYS dependant on their level - they then proceed to CHESTS and get items - any item they cannot use they can take to a CM like merchant who will buy it from them. This merchant can be visited by everyone so that items you may not want are still available to buy. Not a brilliant solution but you should end up enough gear to have your naked toon out and about and able to get some of this enhanced realm bonus.

Camp Bonus increase is nice but has made Insta area's obsolete - the Insta Bonus is not affected by this - and testing last night in Barrows Insta - I get 6mill xp for a lvl 40 mob in the insta and about 18mill for a lvl 40 in the barrows itself - so get out of those insta's :)

the npc merchant is just a chest but with a a differant skin and label.

:m00:

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Compensating for the period server was down is simply not enough for me at least, as the deletion of all my equip has rendered it impossible for me to play at all, since monday.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
Compensating for the period server was down is simply not enough for me at least, as the deletion of all my equip has rendered it impossible for me to play at all, since monday.

Completely agree with that sentiment. Whilst it's something it's not enough. As I said before, if you're levelling your chars still it's fine - you get some nice xp bonus and fast /free but if you're playing @ level 50 and you've lost a lot of stuff, then you can't do anything.

Essentially, they've given you a certain amount of free days to make up for the time the server was down .... ten days or so? .... well fine and dandy but you can't do a fucking thing anyway since all your stuff is gone and your toons are unplayable. You'll spend most of that free time waiting with baited breath to hear from GoA whether they can restore your stuff or not. Which from what I'm hearing they just can't.

They should really have given a multiple of the downtime in free time. Say a month to contact Rightnow, get stuff back, money compensation and restore your character to some working order. Let's face it, it's going to take that long to get all your stuff re-SC'd because most of the templates people have made are useless if they included just 1 RoG.

To summarise, the compensation is all well and good if you're pre 50 (in most cases) but @ 50 and/or with decent stuff ready to be used you're screwed :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom