Are you happy with the compensation given for the downtime of Prydwen?

Are you happy with the compensation given due to downtime of Prydwen?

• Yes, I'm very happy with the compensation. Just what I wanted.

Votes: 143 32.4%
  • I don't have problems with it, but it could be better.

Votes: 104 23.5%
  • No, I'm not happy at all. GOA should have given us something lot better.

Votes: 145 32.8%
  • No opinion/Neutral

Votes: 50 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
vaadeskud said:
nope only if the copy ur accont over on that server

10 - Responsibility

GOA will do their best to make your Player Account accessible permanently, except for interruptions required for technical and maintenance operations necessary for the a game like DAOC and referred to in article 1.
GOA can however not be held responsible for difficulties in accessing DAOC that may be due to your Internet access conditions and, more generally, for any malfunction of interruption to your Player Account connected to or resulting from an act of God

You know, some people say: Be happy if GOA delivers what you paid for. Imho if we describe a bussiness with: customers should be happy if they deliver what you paid for, and if they don't a partial compensation is a big surprise that you should celebrate... Then most people don't think it is a positive image :) GOA and fanboys building this image, and people who see it just choose another game.

Bjaadi

Fledgling Freddie
well tbh this so called compansation does not benefit some...
iam like 48 so no free lvls i cant rvr cause i lack equipment and i will be 50
the old boring way anyway bonusexp or not..
i just feel deprimed by the compansation.. but its nothing i can do about it...

oh i forgot the hookpoints yay! :x

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Bjaadi said:
well tbh this so called compansation does not benefit some...
iam like 48 so no free lvls i cant rvr cause i lack equipment and i will be 50
the old boring way anyway bonusexp or not..
i just feel deprimed by the compansation.. but its nothing i can do about it...

oh i forgot the hookpoints yay! :x

What I said :)

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
haha, sure. good luck. most people like you are spoiled brats that cry about everything. The slightest unsatisfaction makes you complain to the manager and the owner of whatever it might be. :rolleyes:
Not spoilt at all - just will not lie on the floor and let ppl shit on me - you do - your choice - if I get a better deal - you offering to not receive it?

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
LawBringer said:
Not spoilt at all - just will not lie on the floor and let ppl shit on me - you do - your choice - if I get a better deal - you offering to not receive it?
If you don't defend yourself and stand up your rights, you lose them. If you allow companies to sell shit to you and make huge profits on it, and just smile, you can get even worse shit. And it will be worse for all. If they forced to do a quality job, they will do a quality job, but they will get the same from others, and it will be better for all.

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
got my levels replaced pluss 6 plat added to cha, wonder what i lost? just got email about it.... :)

Brite

Banned
Gamah said:
If you don't like it leave, change your custom to another company.

what company offers playing the charecter you worked on for the last 3 years and play with the people you always play with.......

id tell you to stop being a twat gamah but its like telling a sheep not to baa

its just your own complete stupidity to see somthing from a different point of view but your own

Gamah

Banned
Brite said:
what company offers playing the charecter you worked on for the last 3 years and play with the people you always play with.......

id tell you to stop being a twat gamah but its like telling a sheep not to baa

its just your own complete stupidity to see somthing from a different point of view but your own

You know you're such a hippocrite it makes me shudder. If Brite, my pea-sized brained "mukka" you actully read my posts properly in between masterbating and pressing the reply button to flame me you wouldn't make such retarded posts.

You are the king of thinking your view is right, so go ride the hippocrite train to another destination, because mycarebot is out of carejuice.

Rudor Dwarf

Loyal Freddie
How the hell can you guys say Goa made a good work?
If they have to wait for mythic to start and work on the server they sure aint the right company to run the servers in EU.
And if this is mythics plan "dont tuch the servers b4 we are at work" they should't let any other company run the server here in EU.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Rudor Dwarf said:
How the hell can you guys say Goa made a good work?
If they have to wait for mythic to start and work on the server they sure aint the right company to run the servers in EU.
And if this is mythics plan "dont tuch the servers b4 we are at work" they should't let any other company run the server here in EU.

Guess you don´t know how things work.

Mythic programs the game. Not GOA. Anything that has to do with the code/db etc etc need to be sent as a bugreport to Mythic for them to fix and send a patch back. It´s not GOA who decided this, it´s Mythic.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Guess you don´t know how things work.

Mythic programs the game. Not GOA. Anything that has to do with the code/db etc etc need to be sent as a bugreport to Mythic for them to fix and send a patch back. It´s not GOA who decided this, it´s Mythic.

To be honest, I've never understood why Mythic outsourced the European franchise in the first place.

Don't say time difference, as there are plenty of MMORPGs out there run by yanks that cater for Europeans.

Mythic missed a trick my not controlling the whole business. They could have made more cash synchronising the releases with the US, giving the same in-game service as the US and advertising the game properly.

Instead, they gave the work to a nation of lazy bastards who prefer to blockade roads that do a decent days hard graft.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
The French know how to have a moan - imagine if it were the French server down - probably be an angry mob outside GoA HQ rather than a few ppl moaning on a forum :)

Rudor Dwarf

Loyal Freddie
xxManiacxx > and what did i say under the line you did mark with fatness of doom? :D

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Lyrra said:
To be honest, I've never understood why Mythic outsourced the European franchise in the first place.
Don't say time difference, as there are plenty of MMORPGs out there run by yanks that cater for Europeans.
Mythic missed a trick my not controlling the whole business. They could have made more cash synchronising the releases with the US, giving the same in-game service as the US and advertising the game properly.
Instead, they gave the work to a nation of lazy bastards who prefer to blockade roads that do a decent days hard graft.

Because if GoA hadn't put in an offer to run the EU servers, there wouldn't be any EU servers. Mythic had no intention of releasing Dark Age of Camelot in Europe at all, it would have been a US only game the same as EverQuest Live was when that first launched. And, from memory and I may be wrong, I believe the original intention was to restrict to US addresses only for the player base which would have meant a lot of pissing about by EU people to get on the US servers.

GoA have compensated for a loss of service restricted to one server. This is the second time since they launched the game in Europe in February 2002 that there has been a server down for any considerable period of time. The last time the service went down it was due to a DNS attack which they've obviously dealt with because that's not happened again since.

Yes GoA's customer service is dreadful at times, yes the server has been down for two weeks, yes perhaps it could have been dealt with better, but for god's sake, stop acting like 2-year-olds who've just thrown their toy out of the pram. If losing two weeks of a game is seriously causing you this much pain you have some twisted issues on what is really important or not.

And, just to re-emphasis what has been said load of other times already in this thread, MYTHIC code the game, MYTHIC have to fix anything that goes wrong, MYTHIC are the only ones who have access to the coding database etc. GoA are responsible for translating into German and French and for introducing any localised Quests they may choose to create. They cannot just fix the server when something goes wrong.
Those moaning at the length of time it's taken to fix the problem should direct their whines to Matt Fiori at MYTHIC, because he's the guy in charge of when MYTHIC's team of coders and engineers work.

/end of rant

PS For all those who I know would quote my sig and say well you play on Excalibur and haven't been disrupted etc, I have 2 accounts, both have actively played characters on Alb/Prydwen and I've played there since day 1 of release.

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
Lyrra said:

Mythic was a small company when daoc was released. To run the Euro version they would need to have got more money from a bank to set it up. It would have been a loss of cash flow. OTOH, franchising out the Euro version does the opposite. It made Mythic money due to a lump sum and/or a promise of the franchise monthly fee (which they can borrow against). This increases their cash flow.

A large company has no problems with setting up a Euro division, but Mythic probably would not have had the financial reserves to do it at the time.

Having said that only Goa and Mythic know the actual reasons.

yurithegreat

Banned
suelothvar said:
got my levels replaced pluss 6 plat added to cha, wonder what i lost? just got email about it.... :)

I just been compensated with 15plat for the loss of my items
Haven`t worked it out yet but i think i`m about 2p up from it
But then again thats only the items i`ve reported before the server went down
Theres still a chance they`ll have to compensate me for other items considering theres 66k items been deleted

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
What have you reported as missing items?

jmainly my levels ans rog cloak, crafted sleaves + legs, so think i got good deal tbh, at 34 even if my heretic is now naked 6p will get her going fine :) had only been on alb pryd 1 weak :) though did loose some cash i transfered from excal too...

Looks like GoA are trying hard to comensate for any items lost, without upseting us too much..

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Lyrra said:

What a joke, the rate of strikes in private french companies in one of the lowest of the EU. The strikes are only common in public companies. Goa is a private company. Moreover France is also the second most productive country in the OECD (excluding Norway and Luxembourg where productivity data are inflated by oil revenues in Norway, and by investments in off-shore banks in Luxembourg). In 2003, the GDP per hour worked in France was 47.2 USD, ranking France behind Belgium (48 USD per hour worked), but above the United States (43.5 USD per hour worked), Germany (40.6 USD per hour worked), the United Kingdom (37.7 USD per hour worked), or Japan (30.9 USD per hour worked).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_France
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France

I think you're a xenophob. Do you insult the american people when your Windows OS crash ?

Gamah

Banned
Ning said:
What a joke, the rate of strikes in private french companies in one of the lowest of the EU. The strikes are only common in public companies. Goa is a private company. Moreover France is also the second most productive country in the OECD (excluding Norway and Luxembourg where productivity data are inflated by oil revenues in Norway, and by investments in off-shore banks in Luxembourg). In 2003, the GDP per hour worked in France was 47.2 USD, ranking France behind Belgium (48 USD per hour worked), but above the United States (43.5 USD per hour worked), Germany (40.6 USD per hour worked), the United Kingdom (37.7 USD per hour worked), or Japan (30.9 USD per hour worked).

I think you're a xenophob. Do you insult the american people when your Windows OS crash ?

Lyraa got owned :D

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
Ning said:

<cough>

my windows os asnt crashed, rebooted, bsod or anything in 3 years.....
but if it did, i would work on it as long as poss b4 i fell asleep and continue when i awoke..... and i aint paying /been paid to use it....... unlike prydwen server....

cant wait to see if they actually get the server up tomorrow... dieing to see what i have lost on 30 chars.......

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
tallwiz said:
cant wait to see if they actually get the server up tomorrow... dieing to see what i have lost on 30 chars.......

Here's hoping it's lots ... you prewhined enough for about 20 completely stripped chars I recon

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Here's hoping it's lots ... you prewhined enough for about 20 completely stripped chars I recon
I hope you lost most of what you have, and then celebrate and enjoy the insensitive posts, stuff like you make all the time. Many people would laugh at you, and it would help to cheer the community up.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
I hope you lost most of what you have, and then celebrate and enjoy the insensitive posts, stuff like you make all the time. Many people would laugh at you, and it would help to cheer the community up.

Aw that's nice thanks!

You made a post that wasn't 2 pages long and filled with dozens of unfounded assumptions and wrong statements... especially for me?

I don't make insensitive posts ... I just make posts to question what people like you post ... things that would be taken for granted by less informed forum readers if they don't get questioned.

And for the record yes I got a RN back stating that one of my chars was stripped .. don't know how much items I'm missing but judging by the amount of plats I got I guess it's all gone ...

I just don't feel the urge to perma wajn on a forum ... Like tallwiz and you did. Because I realise there is more to life then daoc ...

One day you'll find that out and then you'll look back at this and laugh... like I am right now.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Shanaia said:
And for the record yes I got a RN back stating that one of my chars was stripped .. don't know how much items I'm missing but judging by the amount of plats I got I guess it's all gone ...

I just don't feel the urge to perma wajn on a forum ... Like tallwiz and you did. Because I realise there is more to life then daoc ....

You feel the urge to perma sex0r Wada though :(

:wub:

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
The compensation is a complete joke compared to what is missing in my opinion.

With two characters fully cleared of which I can hardly remember all items. I have sent my template saved on my HD to RightNow but don't even remember if I had changed one or two items in it... What shall I do? Send my template wish for the other character of whom I only remember 2 or 3 items of around 50?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
In light of the problems that have become apparent, this vote doent really count IMO, some who said they are happy, only to find their toons buttnaked and smelling of KY jelly may not think the same now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom