Are you happy with the compensation given for the downtime of Prydwen?

Are you happy with the compensation given due to downtime of Prydwen?

• Yes, I'm very happy with the compensation. Just what I wanted.

Votes: 143 32.4%
  • I don't have problems with it, but it could be better.

Votes: 104 23.5%
  • No, I'm not happy at all. GOA should have given us something lot better.

Votes: 145 32.8%
  • No opinion/Neutral

Votes: 50 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
For the people who haven't read the Friday News yet, here is the description of the compensation GOA will give due to the downtime of Prydwen:

Furthermore, in order to compensate the disturbance inflicted to the players who were deprived of their server during this period, GOA will offer a free subscription corresponding to the actual duration of server shutdown to every player owning an active account on the English servers at the date of Prydwen's shutdown. And in order to make up for the "wasted time" inflicted, all Prydwen's Realms will benefit from the maximum help granted to under-populated realms until Friday the 16th of September. This means the following bonuses :

Days for a free level : 2
Camp Bonus : 120%
RvR Bonus : 10%
Hookpoints Purchase : 50% reduction

They will also restore/compensate for any lost object in your inventory. Are you happy with the compensation or do you think it could be better?

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
quite good - should be about 10 free days and good levelling options for 2 weeks

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Very good, more than I expected actually so very please indeed.

Little shocked at the "could be more" option people are voting on, not really sure what else you want them to do?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I think it does correspond to the outage, since we have been able to play excalibur still, and there also doesnt seem to be any major rollback etc. Its what i expected pretty much - although it is alil on the short end as far as goodwill goes.
What GOA should have done was offer something more, some treat, as a goodwill gesture since there has been *alot* of grumbling amongst their subscribers. Perhaps they dont fully appreciate how serious this matter has been percieved by alot of players that now feel that other games or the classic servers on US seem more attractive than ever. They should have offered something that really said "we are very sorry, please come back, here is <something> so that we look better again" - i.e. I fear this level of compensation just doesnt really scream "we are sorry!"

EDIT: spelling (excalibut didnt sound so good)

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
I think it does correspond to the outage, since we have been able to play excalibut still, and there also doesnt seem to be any major rollback etc. Its what i expected pretty much - although it is alil on the short end as far as goodwill goes.
What GOA should have done was offer something more, some treat, as a goodwill gesture since there has been *alot* of grumbling amongst their subscribers. Perhaps they dont fully appreciate how serious this matter has been percieved by alot of players that now feel that other games or the classic servers on US seem more attractive than ever. They should have offered something that really said "we are very sorry, please come back, here is <something> so that we look better again" - i.e. I fear this level of compensation just doesnt really scream "we are sorry!"

Perhaps, but tbh I don't like to just receive things for free (like free artifacts as some were suggesting), as it takes away the point in the game then really.

Otherwise there might as well just be an instant SC merchant and go out and insta rvr like on the shard server, which gets boring as hell really.

So if people think that receiving free items is true "compensation" then fair enough, but I for one am extraordinarily pleased with being granted the underpop bonus and so should you, as really free sub days would normally be enough to compensate for downtime.

The good will gesture as you describe, is in fact the underpop bonus.

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Not too bad. Would have liked the Prydwen bonusesto have lasted until the 19th September to give 2 weekends, like we lost, even if they didn't change the number of days.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Zedenz said:
Perhaps, but tbh I don't like to just receive things for free (like free artifacts as some were suggesting), as it takes away the point in the game then really.

Otherwise there might as well just be an instant SC merchant and go out and insta rvr like on the shard server, which gets boring as hell really.

So if people think that receiving free items is true "compensation" then fair enough, but I for one am extraordinarily pleased with being granted the underpop bonus and so should you, as really free sub days would normally be enough to compensate for downtime.

The good will gesture as you describe, is in fact the underpop bonus.

I dont have any alts that need leveling though, so an underpop exp bonus wouldnt help me :)

The rvr bonus is nice, but seeing as im more interested in ToAing my minstrel up, I wont be benefiting as much

Noli

Fledgling Freddie
Im happy with them :) More exp in Moderna for me hehe . Just hope i get the free days as my subs have ran out .

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Ovi1 said:
Not too bad. Would have liked the Prydwen bonusesto have lasted until the 19th September to give 2 weekends, like we lost, even if they didn't change the number of days.

Aye agree with that, its not a bad offering, but sticking it across 2 weekends would of been the icing on the cake.

vaadeskud

Fledgling Freddie
think it okey we get our days back og its gona bee fun to try Hib bonus :clap:

and yes i know it long time since u got it on prydwen :cheers:

just dang the need the weeken for test but now we know when it up again
so overall im a happy man :bazbeer:

only thing missing is the Title
I survived the Prydwen Shutdown!

woot love that

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeh little upset about it beign down for the weekend again, but not a huge problem. Also obviously not everybody will get the full benefit from the underpop bonus, but even if you're toaing chars thats bonus xp for artis, and when rvring thats bonus rp, and cheap hookpoints.

Gamah

Banned
10 people not happy? what more do you want? Blood from a stone?

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
They will also restore/compensate for any lost object in your inventory.

this true? then i didnt lose my scalars book :>>>>>

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Well from my point of view the compensation is extremely poor. Seeing as I won't be online for 3-5 weeks due to a house move from Monday. I won't be able to report missing items/MLs etc until then and I won't benefit at all from the compensation period.

Yet I was paying to be able to play for the past week and a bit. Fair? nope. Although not anyones fault, just hope I don't have to redo my clerics MLs :)

Good work GOA though, glad to see it's not too huge a rollback :) I just really hope that if I do have to report missing items I don't get "sorry your outside the period to report these items".

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
They will also restore/compensate for any lost object in your inventory. Are you happy with the compensation or do you think it could be better?
But... what ever you did in the hours up to the shutdown on wednesday (5:30pm gmt) going back to "wednesday morning" is totally lost and you WONT get it back according to Requiels post.

What GOA will give us is fair and imo the absolute minimum they should do but tbh what ppl want more than anythign is to be motivated and imo the best idea would be to run an event. Somethign fun that EVERYONE could be involved in - somethign to raise ppl's spirits not dampen them or make them whine about what they think they should have as compensation. There have been events like this in the past (the black queen thing ages ago iirc) and I think this would be a great morale boost for the ppl who (like me) dont find /level alts on excal any kind of long term enjoyment and who just want "their" server back.

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
Bluesky said:
But... what ever you did in the hours up to the shutdown on wednesday (5:30pm gmt) going back to "wednesday morning" is totally lost and you WONT get it back according to Requiels post.

say what? so all the stuff i gained between 10 pm and 10 am between the 23/24 i wont get replaced?

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Well I think it's just ok,nothing special really,as Thad says if we have no chars to gain experience from it ain't too good,but as far as compensation goes I hope it will please most and we can get on with our server once some people chars have there gear/money returned and just get back to normal. :clap:

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Zil said:
say what? so all the stuff i gained between 10 pm and 10 am between the 23/24 i wont get replaced?

Well according to this:
Requiel said:
To answer a common question, there will be a small rollback to Wednesday morning. This is unavoidable as this is the latest salvageable database backup. As this is only a few hours it means that people should not lose too much, if you gained items, levels, etc after this point they will have been lost and we will be unable to restore them, if you had items or whatever before this point and they were lost as a result of the bug then they will be restored.
It looks like "a small rollback to wednesday morning" will mean around 8 hours on the wednesday the 24th and yes I read it as you lose anything at all you did in that time and will not get it back.

Personally it could be worse i spose - i will have lost an sc order (annoying as I hate sc'ing), some items for a new template and some arti xp on 3 chars.

Nothign particularly major - just irritating :(

Poox

Loyal Freddie
One day i'd love to be an Excalibur...

If I was, my server wouldn't be down, and I get lots of free time:)

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
I dont play much on Pry, only just started a little toon there, so it as kinda a bummer not being able to play there when i wanted to, but in the end it didnt affect me much, since my main home is Excal.

But about the compensation, i think its a good and fair one. You cant expect to get more free days than you havent been able to play, and the touch of giving all realms the 2 days free levels, and high camp bonus is the best way they can compensate for the time you havent been able to xp. The RvR active get the 10% rvr bonus, so also gets a chance to 'catch' up with the rp's that excal ppl have been earning in the time.
They could just have given free days as compensation, so the extra they give is kinda a bonus imo.
Ofcuz it doesnt change the fact that i would have prefered an even bigger rollback in order to get to play there sooner, but also understand perfecty (and agree) that goa had to do test ect. to make sure a such coruption didnt reapear in the near future (now we just have to hope it doesnt).

So mine would have to be very happy, since i get an extra 10-12'ish days to play on Excal for free (and acelerated xp on my little toon if i choose to).

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
voted neutral.
i am fine BUT personally dont wanna see anymore this kind server downtimes, its way too long.

playing excal isnt enough/answer to me when my mains are server what have been down over week.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Imho the most important part of compensation isn't with free days, isn't with temporary bonuses, but with putting effort to make sure, prydwen people won't have the same problems all over again. And also to make sure, we will have a good community home ran by either GOA or a professional company. The free days doesn't help much, and don't know what to say about the underdog bonus: Can help some, but don't help much either.

If they would review the volunteer system to make sure, in such cases volunteers run events for people who have to play on a different server to make their stay fun, and they support it on the web site... If they would think about making the "community site" they have a real home for community, and help to get people who moved to other games back, and try to run events, advertise the game with it... That would help.

I would be more happy, if they would allow to decide if you want free days, or want their costs sent to some charity (and get some exposure for the game also with this action).

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
I'm very happy with this compensation, and regarding the unusually long downtime I think (or rather I guess), that it has probably something to do with this being an (afaik) unpresedented malfunction/bug on their servers; and it therefore took an unusually long time to fix.

:D

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
It's very good except ... what if I lost some very rare item like a ring of heavens, or some TG item ... under those rules I'll be given money ...

Craftables or easily farmable items, ok, but some things should be considered on the same level as artifacts and quest items.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
hmm, id say im quite happy, need to pl a bot when server comes back up, so ill get a nice fast pl :D

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Yma said:
It's very good except ... what if I lost some very rare item like a ring of heavens, or some TG item ... under those rules I'll be given money ...

Craftables or easily farmable items, ok, but some things should be considered on the same level as artifacts and quest items.
Probably it is significantly harder to create items than to create money, and if many items went missing, they can't automate finding them and restoring them, it would slow down the recovery process if they would give out items. Yes, this is one of the problems where the compensation offered isn't the best. Also: The artifact part, if you got arti + credit but haven't activated it, you get a level 10 activated arti? It has both advantages and disadvantages. How they will calculate value of the items? Since you can't get them back in time before clustering: You will pay a far higher price than now. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom