Are mids on god mode with *just* right setup?

A

Arnor

Originally posted by -Wedge-
I can dispel the myth about savages then too, cause an unbuffed savage not in a group is an easy target for most classes out there too... Its just a tad different in gank-type form now isnt it?

weeeelll, a solo rr4 unbuffed savage almost took out our druid when we jumped him...

M

Meeks

Originally posted by Arnor
weeeelll, a solo rr4 unbuffed savage almost took out our druid when we jumped him...

Guess you as the other druid was afk, writing on irc as usual ? ;)

R

rg-zorena

Originally posted by -Freezingwiz-
..... how meny healers are in a normal assist train ? are they sopossed to kill anyting ?

they can run... sprint... what ever...they have perma end even when the damm shaman is mezzed it is a buff they jsut ahve to be sure to be in range unlike alb/hib they need to demezz the pally/bard to get end...

and who cares if a healer have 100 ws or 1000000 ws except the healers who solo.... ?

hehhe another example of a player who dont know how mid end works

H

<Harle>

Originally posted by ab_fluid
having a warden in ur sig i thought that would be fairly obvious, i run dmg add as main in tank grp, twisting in pbt everytime the timer comes back up, they are instas, speed on the other hand is a 3sec castime spell.

well, i never run in tank-groups, so how should i know what's usual there, but the point still stands: if in-combat speed was such an issue as you make it out in your first post, then why not use it. After all, dmg-add is available as alchemist-charge, speed isn't.

T

Tootz

Bullshit
Do u know how long a healer lasts against a mid tank/hybrid in duel?
In this case skald v healer, skald uses no styles or shouts, just pure melee, healer can use what spells they see fit. Healer buffed, skald has no buffs. Healer gets to die in the end.

Now if skald uses shouts/styles healer would die a lot quicker, and this is against an experineced pac healer. In fact during combat I as skald put away my weapon( ie went non combat) to allow the healer to help/heal themself

So dont give me crap about healers being overpowered. They have no weapon/shield skill, the majority of thier spells are castable spells, sure they got a few instas, but once a tank is on them them they are in trouble

You seem to miss the point completely Buffer and giving a healer dueling against a skald as an example is totally pointless. Sure it isn't going to win against a feckin tank in a duel thats just common sense. The fact I was trying to make was that the mid CC class (i.e. the healer) is much better equiped to last far longer in fights than their alb counterpart. Which I think goes some way to contribute to the average mid group's success.

W

-Wedge-

Exactly if incombat sorc speed was such a problem, run speed chant as warden... If str/con and disease is a problem, drop a bm / shield hero for an eld... (or your warden, e.g. you)

If your druids get gang-raped, get 2 shield hero's and guard both druids while slamming the peeps on them (hey slam, 9s, 30s bof/sos means the mercs are out for 1rd of that special ra)...

BaF did so well because of superb use of pets and uber stealthy droods/warden. i miss them, was always a great fg fight, win or lose :(

That was at low RR... High rr those groups do get better due to stuff like moc / raging power / passive healing ra's... And the BM's damage output goes up as well...

If you need another pet, then level yourself a druid instead of playing your warden... Just because YOU dont run the setup to kill most alb fotm groups doesnt mean that their better... A well played hib tank group should be able to win from an alb tank group if their sos is down... and their the same rr...

Heck without sos, you as warden even have the perfect 'kite' ra... TWF....

But you have the same problems vs albs that mids have... And nearly identical group setups are possible for mid and hib... So I dont see how you arent up to par against them...

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Meeks
Guess you as the other druid was afk, writing on irc as usual ? ;)

nah, i was strong meleeing him :X

H

hotrat

Originally posted by <Harle>
DH manages to keep their casters alive because the savages are str/con, dex/qui, dex and str-debuffed and diseased and hit like a wet fish. The typical hib-BM group has no debuffs available, while the alb-group has at least the aoe str/con-debuff on the sorc ( iirc).
Alb has str/con, dex/qui, st str and st dex debuffs, and even with all of those a savage still hits me hard and kills me very fast.

The main reason DH casters survive is the combination of all the debuffs, 6 sec pbt, guard (alb tank groups should have guard but the pala cannot be everywhere at once, if pala end regen was 2000 range the pala could go defensive and albs would be so much stronger), disease, and the guarder slamming the savages. The main problem alb tank groups have is their offence must also face this same combination when fighting DH. DH are built to beat mid fotm groups, but in doing so they become quite overpowered vs alb tank groups. Albs can of course even out the fight by using a reaver, which takes a lot of pressure off the sorc, but then a reaver does not have det so will suffer vs mid fotm groups.

The same problem can be said for hib tank groups, albs can just about beat a mid fotm group with BoF and SoS. When albs face a hib tank group and use the same RA's the albs become quite overpowered. Hibs ccould use a hero though to guard and slam, or even a 2nd bard.

The other problem for albs when facing hib pbae groups is only 1 char with amnesia compared to 3 or even 4 from a typical mid fotm group. I mean if a hib pbae group can beat a 4 healer 3 savage 1 shammy group they really should have no problem with a 3 merc, 1 mins, 1 pala, 2 cleric, 1 sorc group at all.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by hotrat
combination of all the debuffs, 6 sec pbt

don't u mean 1.5s pbt? nerf sheph.. oh wait 1.67 :great:

and its not the debuffs its the wild arcana3 imo, they get a nice crit on one or more of those debuffs/disease and its enuf to make a tank cry irl (well almost ;) )

O

old.Buffer

Originally posted by Tootz
You seem to miss the point completely Buffer and giving a healer dueling against a skald as an example is totally pointless. Sure it isn't going to win against a feckin tank in a duel thats just common sense. The fact I was trying to make was that the mid CC class (i.e. the healer) is much better equiped to last far longer in fights than their alb counterpart. Which I think goes some way to contribute to the average mid group's success. [/QUOTE

Sure i dont think the mid healer class is easy to kill, but any alb/hib player with any sense would try kill them first
skald>healer and healer>paladin but skald>paladin
these are just random examples so dont quote me.
My personal opinion is that each class has a perfect rival class kill.(sklad v mincer, inf v runie etc). Get an inf in your group and stop letting them run solo etc, an inf will take a healer out quickly

As a realm I think you are looking it at the wrong way
Even i u are outnumbered 2:1 if u got the right tactics/skills u can still win

E

excs

Re: Re: Re: Re: Are mids on god mode with *just* right setup?

Originally posted by faderullan
Who does pre arranged duels?
Who needs more then 1 bof vs a mid group anyway? Usually not more then 2 group of good mids you meet in 30 minutes.
We use sos vs hibs. Very rare vs mids. And yes, there are plenty of hibs on pryd now too.
Mids having 3 strenght relics sure makes it harder. But not impossible.
Finnally, there arent any mid group we cant regurly win over.

Tell meh this then: Mr.Imelitekindaguyetcetcetc... how do you keep me alive with Mumin .. hitting meh 4 looooots! even with bof on(around 150 per swing).

And btw thats without 3 str. relics

Teh last JH setup really killed meh .. see them running around without a Skald .. Thats just sad Imho, woot have the game turned into. Sry JH (that really pisses me of)

K

Kallio

Originally posted by old.Filip
I truely belive that when a rr 3 savage 2 shot my fine new little theurg it is becuase he is more skilled !! more handsom !! more clever than me !!!

use AF shield, please

V

Vodor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are mids on god mode with *just* right setup?

Originally posted by excs
Tell meh this then: Mr.Imelitekindaguyetcetcetc... how do you keep me alive with Mumin .. hitting meh 4 looooots! even with bof on(around 150 per swing).

And btw thats without 3 str. relics

Teh last JH setup really killed meh .. see them running around without a Skald .. Thats just sad Imho, woot have the game turned into. Sry JH (that really pisses me of)

If we dont want a skald we dont want a skald, it is our group you know and its not there to please you, fyi its mainly because we dont have Hug anymore ^^

Aside from the fact that Skalds even a very good one pales in comparison to the utility of a det 5 tank but thats mythics fault not ours

Poon

A

Arnor

Originally posted by K0nah
don't u mean 1.5s pbt? nerf sheph.. oh wait 1.67 :great:

and its not the debuffs its the wild arcana3 imo, they get a nice crit on one or more of those debuffs/disease and its enuf to make a tank cry irl (well almost ;) )

YES WE RUN WITH 6 WARDENS IN A GROUP, TEH LEETNESS IS ASTOUNDING!!

R

Rulke-RM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are mids on god mode with *just* right setup?

Originally posted by excs
woot have the game turned into

Whack-a-mole :)

O

old.Filip

use AF shield, please

mr kalio .... some new info for you ..... savage's hit WAY to hard...
i cant change that sry .... wonder if savage nerfing have same effect as no relic's for mids ? they stop playing becuase their elite skills suddenly dont massive outdam everything ?

Users who are viewing this thread