Are Men the New Women ????

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
lilmissnaughty said:
lolz what a load of bollox from outdated 'men r the breadwinners times'

Nowt to do with that. Its a hangover from long before 'male breadwinner' times. Affluance is just one sign (among many) that indicate a potential mate with genes worth having and that will keep offspring fed and watered. Its a very basic human drive (there's strong argument that at base its the only important human drive). The fact that we live in a different social situation doesn't mean that a lot of the instincts we have aren't pretty basic.

If you think about it, how many workaholic, successful men actually think about why they do what they do? When you strip away all the 21st century desire for consumer durables, men want to be successful to get women (and lets face it how many men think their car makes them more attractive?) Men wouldn't continue to behave that way unless that approach was reasonably successful. There's no point in getting indignant about it; at an individual level men and woman all have their own unique sexual selection criteria and 'attractiveness strategies', but at a wider statistical level, financial solvency is an important criteria for a big section of the female population, and is almost certainly a higher priority for women than it is for men.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
ya didnt say that before - as in use the term one of many important areas/to a percentage of women
u just said it is the underlying factor.
if we r going on a biological basis (animal attraction) to do with offspring then it would be
appearance
smell
these indicate his genes/state of health etc (if u r attracted to his body odour its been said its an indicator of him havin a different immune system thus stronger offspring)
money is only a recent way of providing thus cannot be a basic instinct- the ability to provide something is important tho this could be support in other areas if he does not take the original hunter gatherer role set up by our caveman ancesters(some dads stay at home).
if i have my own money then money is irrelevent an i would choose someone likely to be a decent father - behaviour,actions,personality
to assume everyone acts only on basic instinct does not allow for the old saying ' love is blind' also.people often pick partners that are not biologically suitable or even financially.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Big G said:
Loreal for men range is awesome.

I have Aqva too, it's very fresh and citrusy; definitely a hit with the ladies. I also have Bvlgari Black (unisex) and Bvlgari Notte - they're both much more musky for different occasions, worth a lookin.

Wouldn't wear anything else.

Nice Ill give those ago G cheers, the ladies do love the Aqva

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i use oil of olay soap, even wash my hair in it. as for deodorant, whatever is on special at asda. tried other things before but they didnt make a difference, just meant i had less beer money.

Calaen

Raven said:
i use oil of olay soap, even wash my hair in it. as for deodorant, whatever is on special at asda. tried other things before but they didnt make a difference, just meant i had less beer money.

Try Mitchum mate I dont actually sweat very much, but this stuff if really good.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I like the way mitchum says it lasts for two days, as if recognising men are smelly unwashed bastards :D

Calaen

Chilly said:
I like the way mitchum says it lasts for two days, as if recognising men are smelly unwashed bastards :D

aye so good you can miss a day :p

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Hair cut £19.00 one off fee

£10.00 a month on Anti-Perspirant and razor blades

£150.00 a year on After shave and shaving balms

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Ash said:
Hair cut £19.00 one off fee

£10.00 a month on Anti-Perspirant and razor blades

£150.00 a year on After shave and shaving balms

I misread balms there for a moment!

:eek2:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Hair cut - 7 quid
1 can of Lynx - 3 quid
1 DKNY Eau de Toilette - 30 quid

the first two will last me about 3 months, the DKNY will last about a year. Add in a bit of Lynx shower gel (I'm on the Shakes one at the mo - tis lush) and that's about all the hygiene products I use. This is what I like about not being a faggot or a smelly bastard - I can save money on toiletries and spend it on beer!

As an aside can someone who works for Lynx get them to bring back Atlantis - it was easily the lushest fragrance ever.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
aaahhh atlantis. so fresh like the dew on a blade of grass at sunrise.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
As an aside can someone who works for Lynx get them to bring back Atlantis - it was easily the lushest fragrance ever.
Only if you wanted the distinct aroma of Cat Pish
;)

Calaen

Bodhi said:
This is what I like about not being a faggot or a smelly bastard - I can save money on toiletries and spend it on beer!

What I dont spend on booze I spend on making myself look and smell good :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Calaen said:

And yet you keep trying to convince us that you're a bloke...

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Calaen said:
appears u arnt spending enough then :m00:

Calaen

dysfunction said:
And yet you keep trying to convince us that you're a bloke...

You know thats right, I just like looking after my body.

Chilly

Balls of steel
hair cut - £50
creme de face - £30
eau de toilet - £60
Crashing into a ditch while applying creme de face to face using rear view mirror - £priceless

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Paul Smith aftershave ftw.

I have a fair bit of aftershave but its stuff I get for xmas etc, don't spend money on it.

I shave my own head so haircut = £0

I shave once a week so thats cheap.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Deo = £3 max
Shampoo = £3 max
Shaving foam = £3 max

Haircut = used to be £7 but I bought some clippers for £19 and the girlfriend now cuts it with added benefits...

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
dysfunction said:
Haircut = used to be £7 but I bought some clippers for £19 and the girlfriend now cuts it with added benefits...

She sells your hair to merkin makers?

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Original Source Lime shower gel is great because it smells of starburst :D

The longer I grow my hair the more expensive my haircuts become but I'm getting sorely tempted to go back to #4's. cba to buy my own clippers.

I've not managed to empty any aftershave/eau to toilette and use an assortment of deo's.

Tried investing in an electric shaver but it was shite and irritated me (it seemed to pluck rather than shave). So I use some random gillette razor. (4 blades maybe? )

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
U only shave once a week bloody hell, I got to shave every other day, but I may need to make it every day at the rate my facial hair is growing.

I use Wilkinson Quatro for that and Niva For Men shaving Gel

Will

/bin/su
I only shave once every three or four days, in the shower, with a cheap disposable razor. Do I win a prize?

Calaen

no but im suprised you dont get bad face rash :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom