Are Men the New Women ????

gmloki

Part of the furniture
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering because, Mens skin care and hair products are going through the roof apparently. You go into Boots and there is nearly as much shelf space for mens products as there are women. Dont get me wrong I use aftershave balm to moisturise my skin.

A mate of mine i was doing some work for, walked out of his house telling me he was going to Prestwich to get his haircut and its only £35...............

ONLY FUCKIN £35 I SHREIKED, as i looked for my Inhalers and pulled the Cucumber off my eyes.....................

I must be in the minority..................

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
nah its ok.
u only got to worry if one day u wake to find ur on ur period.
or ur pregnant.
then men really are the new women.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
lol 35?

thats bad by even london standards.

I bought my own set of clippers when i realised all i was paying 15-20 quid for was someone to use a set of their own on my hair, taking like 10 mins tops.

The only 'male beauty' products i ever buy are things like hair wax.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
lol - i pay £4 for me hair cut.

mind u - there aint much left.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Funny when people pay £70 for whats basically a tub of vaseline :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I buy bogroll and soap. Sometimes a Lynx Africa. My barber costs £6.

Hear me roar !

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
nowt wrong with lynx tbh.. along with jean paul gaultier le male it nicely complements the natural scent of a man
tis nummy
its those first lil signs of sweat mingled with the deo that makes the ladeez think bout what ya smell like during/after sex
the adverts for the lynx effect r true hence they havent been sued yet under the trade descriptions act:D

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
lilmissnaughty said:
nowt wrong with lynx tbh.. along with jean paul gaultier le male it nicely complements the natural scent of a man

mixing fragrance is for amateurs!
and yeah, there is something wrong with lynx. its ming-ing. although my brother got one of those clicky things that they have in the advert and has been making a point of clicking it in front of girls that are blatantly not interested.

i use a moisturiser with a high spf and plenty of antioxidants in because i dont want wrinkles / to look old
i only ever use deodorant that matches my fragrance.
i'm think i must put ~30% of my wages straight back into boots.
£6.50 at the barber though, and i only go there because it's local :p

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
yeah well of course i buy deodorant, i wouldn't class that as 'male beauty product', more like 'essential if you want to go within 5 foot of the oposite sex'.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
lol haar i didnt mean along with as in mix em:)
as in i like the smell of both
jean paul gaultier does a deo stick to go with the fragrance
lynx an jean paul at the same time would be overpowering
as for ur bro using lynx on gals that aint interested...its a nice scent but it aint got teh powers of jesus to perform miracles

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I invest in a fair bit of metrosexual man products. I also go for an occasional sunbed.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
lilmissnaughty said:
as for ur bro using lynx on gals that aint interested...its a nice scent but it aint got teh powers of jesus to perform miracles

nono, the clicky thing in the advert (ben affleck and random dudes). it makes them laugh / smile at least.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
haarewin said:
mixing fragrance is for amateurs!
i use a moisturiser with a high spf and plenty of antioxidants in because i dont want wrinkles / to look old
i only ever use deodorant that matches my fragrance.
i'm think i must put ~30% of my wages straight back into boots.

lolz - teh gh3y :D

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I pay about 25 quid for a haircut, but I usually only get 2 a year! So it works out in the end. I was paying 6 quid every month or so before I grew it long. I buy lots of crap beauty products to try and make my skin look better but they never seem to work. I just use soap now, and the sun and seawater helps.

rynnor

Rockhound
haarewin said:

The moisturiser/antioxidants are a waste of time as their only cosmetic products so just work on the outer layer of skin - spf is a good idea but you'll still get wrinkles unless you botox - some are just a function of the number of times you smile/frown etc.

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Lynx Africa doubles up as a good aftershave, the ladies love it :).

I've used Nivea for men aftersave balm a few times. Only stuff that seems to work when you've bought a new razor and it takes half your face off.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
my hair cut costs about £10.

sometimes i use face peels/masks what ever. just because i like it for some reason :eek7:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Nothing gay about looking after yourself.

Genders are closer than they've ever been. I like to pamper myself probably more than most men, but I still enjoy a good squirt in my girlfriend's face. That balances out the gayness of using "beauty" products ;).

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I pay about 30 quid for a haircut, but I only get it cut once or twice a year, win win baby. I mostly go because the head massage makes me hard. Is this wrong? :p

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
depends what your sexuality is and who is massaging tbh.
its a dude who does mine and i dont swing that way.

but i can also do indian head massage to my self and i know one that makes you horny.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
How can anyone wear just deodorant as opposed to an anti-perspirant? Lynx just makes you stink worse once you get sweaty, you get that foul mix of smells.

I wash in dust and scour myself with rocks and broken glass.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
babs said:
I wash in dust and scour myself with rocks and broken glass.

*fap*

Lynx is shit btw

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Earl said:
Funny... 'cause he is actualy gay :p

lil bit :p and rynnor, on properly exfoliated skin a moisturiser will penetrate further than the epidermis.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Just switched from my Clinique products to try the new Loreal for men BECAUSE I AM WORTH IT BABY!!!!!!!!!

Its pretty decent, face is nice and clean no dryness after application. Not as expensive as Clinique either. I use Mitchum roll on cause it works, my new favorite aftershave is Aqva by Bvlgaria its fucking mint.

I once paid £72 pounds for a hair cut :p this did include wash/dry and head massage.

Nothing wrong with a male looking after himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom