Are alarm clock raids now the only option?

A

Arkian

In light of GOA's current statement about the recent excalibur server problems http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1671

Are alarm clock raids the only viable way of taking a relic without crashing the server?

If not, then how do you balance having enough people to succeed in the raid versus having so many people you crash the server?

Wonder if the other servers in Europe or US have this problem.

T

Tualatin

not alarm.. infils+mincers should be able to bring relics home... anytime :p

Nah.. Imo it's just stupid, that a MMorpg.. can't be massive.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Arkian
In light of GOA's current statement about the recent excalibur server problems http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1671

Are alarm clock raids the only viable way of taking a relic without crashing the server?

If not, then how do you balance having enough people to succeed in the raid versus having so many people you crash the server?

last alb RR was with 500 albs and probably with 200 mids atleast and it was prime time. The server could handle it and if I read this info correct it should still be able to handle it. So prime time raids are still an option.

O

old.Icebreaker

Worked in the past without Crashes, should work in the Future.

But the numbers albs carried to the last relic raid were teh OVERKILL :D

A

Aussie-

Re: Re: Are alarm clock raids now the only option?

Originally posted by Driwen
last alb RR was with 500 albs

do you have a clue what you are talking about,every day someone adds another 100 albs to it :eek:

S

Sichama

It is very easy really....

do a relic raid with no more than 200 people, everyone says that it is doable, no need to do it prime time in weekend either, do it any other day just a bit off peak time to controll defenders numbers a bit and try to have a fair fight, isn't that what the whole deal about prime time raids is anyway?

Just accept that it can not be done by the normal, zerging with as many as possible, tactic and make a real plan.

D

Djin

Originally posted by Sichama
It is very easy really....

do a relic raid with no more than 200 people, everyone says that it is doable, no need to do it prime time in weekend either, do it any other day just a bit off peak time to controll defenders numbers a bit and try to have a fair fight, isn't that what the whole deal about prime time raids is anyway?

Just accept that it can not be done by the normal, zerging with as many as possible, tactic and make a real plan.

nicely said. i agree

:)

D

Driwen

Re: Re: Re: Are alarm clock raids now the only option?

Originally posted by Aussie-
do you have a clue what you are talking about,every day someone adds another 100 albs to it :eek:

thats the number i remembered, 300 at mjollner and then 200 albs over the other zones.

N

noaim

Re: Re: Re: Are alarm clock raids now the only option?

Originally posted by Aussie-

Actually Lac and (I think) Herbal mentioned those numbers...but if you wanna call em clueless aswell, I wont stop you hihi.

Edit: Sry, wasnt 500 after all it seems.

Originally posted by lac_desariel
Organising 700+ people all to do as we planwed on papper

A

Antedeluvian

If the question goes for spineless no-balls mids who need the 20% over all to wtfpwn all in sight.. the answerd is yes. If the question goes for the rest of mids and the hibs/albs the answerd is no fucking way.

A

ardamels

I think mr Herbal and Lac will continue to try to prime time raid (cudos to them), but unless they do a ninja raid I reckon the server won't be able to take the pressure atm. It's a shame, it should not be that way.

In the end some other frustated albs will ignore the prime time ethics that albs currently have and organize a morning raid to get the relics back, and yes mids won't be able to whine about it :)

O

old.Nol

oh, and to top it off, the 700 albs at the last relic raid ...

O

old.Nol

and everything fell to pieces when 800 albs relic raided us ...

D

Driwen

Originally posted by old.Nol
and everything fell to pieces when 800 albs relic raided us ...

nol herbal posted the 500 himself last raid and lac posted 700 him earlier tonight, so dont think your point is really valid.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Djin
nicely said. i agree

:)

Pity the rest of the your realm that took part in the alrm clock raid didnt agree.

A

Aybabtu

No it can be done prime time and will be done prime time

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by ardamels
I think mr Herbal and Lac will continue to try to prime time raid (cudos to them), but unless they do a ninja raid I reckon the server won't be able to take the pressure atm. It's a shame, it should not be that way.

In the end some other frustated albs will ignore the prime time ethics that albs currently have and organize a morning raid to get the relics back, and yes mids won't be able to whine about it :)

We'll wear you down until you stop defending properly like last time, then we'll take your relics. The alarmclock raid has proven once and for all that Albs have the patience to play a long game, and that Mids don't.

K

Kallio

Originally posted by Gordonax
We'll wear you down until you stop defending properly like last time, then we'll take your relics. The alarmclock raid has proven once and for all that Albs have the patience to play a long game, and that Mids don't.

I remember albs got pretty much sick and tired for the mid farmage on their frontier at a point :rolleyes:

As far as I remember mids got pissed cause albs won with los bugged necros, same with the "EPIC BATTLES" of jamtland, like many albs call em.

Me included.

edit: btw, were you PLed by a necro? Just wondering after looking at yer sig...

S

silverblast

Originally posted by Arkian

No it isn't the only viable way, but it is an option, not liked by enemy realms, but nontheless still an option.

Before anybody says :
Dishonorable Mid FOTM savage biatch.

I'm HIBBIE and proud :p!

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by Kallio
I remember albs got pretty much sick and tired for the mid farmage on their frontier at a point :rolleyes:

Ironic that you can't raise a huge force to take relics, but you can raise a huge force to take keeps when you DO have relics.

edit: btw, were you PLed by a necro? Just wondering after looking at yer sig...

Nope. Lalia came first, levelled the hard way. Amex is a combined cash farmer/crafter, although I really do love playing him in RvR for some reason. Perhaps it's the sight of a troll as his armour turns to paper thanks to the necro af-debuff.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by ardamels

That won't happen. None of the major alliances approve of alarmclock tactics.

That's why those alliances are so angry at mids for pulling one off anyway.

I

iceflower

Prime time ethics...thanks for making me laugh out.

However, it is possible to do a relic raid on prime time. Though that requires a bit of tactics. Albion leadership should perhaps contact the Mids on Prydwen that did a double relic raid on both alb keeps and almost got the relic home on how to do it? On that server Albs outnumber the Mids without breaking a sweat.

The battle of attrition currently ongoing in Mid frontiers is fun compared to plain jane deathmatching in Emain due to variance. Nice World War I tactic. I hope it will bear fruit.

Users who are viewing this thread