News apple 1bn samsug 0

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Man patent shit is crap .. did they win on patenting rectangles or something like they were claiming ?

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I think both companies especially apple are petty for sueing each other over bullshit. In honesty it's nothing to do with patents it's just a con to stop competition from gaining money. Truly pathetic.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The very idea that Apple clam to have a patent on fucking anything bu the mouse makes me seethe, they have invented nothing, not one frickin thing in their entire overhyped, marketed to death life.
Every gadget they sell was invented by someone else years before they spent millions convincing the clueless public that they thought it up and then charge them over the odds for it to get the advertisng fees back.
Then they have the audacity to go after patents with high powered lawyers who managed to convince some mouth breathing judges that they have the rights to basic designs that evolved years ago...fuckers

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Apple stole the mouse idea.

Embattle

FH is my second home
People seem to be questioning the short time it took to reach the verdict.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's that dumb Judge Lucy Koh's fault. Even though she did say that the Apple lawyers must be on crack (paraphrasing) to think that all of their claims would be considered (I think it was to do with calling to the witness stand disgruntled non-Apple-product owners who had been hoodwinked into buying Samsung's devices). I don't know if it's just good ole American protectionism but she is very obviously pro-Apple and anti-Samsung.

Last edited:

Job

Apple really did go for the rectangular shape infringement, if all gagdets had been round up till the iphone I would understand..but really.
Only stands in the idiotic US anyway, see big rush for importing European versions.
I this delays the Note by ten minutes, I'm going to allegedly burn down a few Apple stores.

Ooh I'm do mad now, just reading the Telegraphs 'top ten Apple innovations and not ONE of them is an innovation, they even admit this in the text after calling it an innovation and Jobs 'keynote' speeches are included in the list, it's like a religion.
even the graphical interface is described as building on other peoples work and then called an inovation...WTF!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/picture-galleries/6099399/Top-10-Apple-innovations.html

Last edited:

soze

I am a FH squatter
If I were apple I would sue them for using the exact same charge just backwards. Why the fuck would they go from Micro USB to a charger than until then was majorly an apple selling point. But apple are fucking pathetic, I am surprised they have not sued for the fact the the iPhone was the first phone that stated it worked in an atmosphere of Oxygen there for any other phones that also work in Oxygen based atmospheres are infringing on the ground breaking design.

Job

They used a photo of the original Samsung Q1 tablet and then the new Samsung tablet after the iPad , for a start the Q1 was windows was dictated by the techology of the time and the expectant form the XP users would like, because XP isn't a native tablet OS, so when they moved to Android it started looking like a tablet should, it'sin the frickin name..a tablet and Apple are claiming ownership of the fundamental basic design.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
At the risk of sounding fandroid, there is always THE APPEAL.
Samsung said:
"We will move immediately to file post-verdict motions to overturn this decision and if we are not successful, we will appeal this decision to the Court of Appeals," the company said in a statement issued in Seoul.

What pisses me of about the whole thing is that this is all a high stakes commercial battlefield. It's all about protecting market share by intimidation and in the end it's the consumer who loses out with reduced choice.

Job

It's along time since I've seen a face so smug I wanted to burn it off with a napalm flamethrower and gut his first born.
That Apple lawyer

article-2193352-14AEEE1B000005DC-284_634x428.jpg

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Interesting how the evidence Samsung presented showing Apple had in fact copied Sony was thrown out early on. I'm guessing the Californian court didn't like such heresy, yet Apple paying witnesses an enormous sum of money to act like total retards was all ok.

Bollocks decision imo, and has ensured none of my money will ever go near Apple.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
What they should do is take each board of directors and get them to fight each other. Call it Geek Bloodsport.

My money's on the Koreans. They all know Taekwondo. The Apple lot are a bunch of posing mincing screaming pansies who jump on chairs if they see a spider.

Go Samsung!

Nate

FH is my second home
Does seem a bit odd to me that they put the court in Apples backyard. I wonder what would happen in Korea.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
It's along time since I've seen a face so smug I wanted to burn it off with a napalm flamethrower and gut his first born.
That Apple lawyer

article-2193352-14AEEE1B000005DC-284_634x428.jpg

He's probably thinking "Shit. I could have billed them $100,000 an hour if I took that partnership offer from Allen & Overy"

Job

This is getting serious, apple and Android fanbois are starting a forum war, basically android users know that over the next year Samsung are going to have to get that billion back somehow and Apple might actually delay the latest phones, expect a few apple stores with broken windows.
Weighs house brick in hand.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
While Apple might get a few $$ out of Samsungs pocket this is a loss to innovation and technology in general. So Apple 1, Samsung 0, consumers -1

soze

I am a FH squatter
Why do people think this will harm innovation? Samsung stop making things that look like the iPad and apple leave them alone. HTC have not been chased nearly as hard as they don't make products that are designed to trick people.

I think it takes a special kind of person to like their friends iPad but walk out of Dixon's with the Samsung 10.1 instead but it has been reported as having happened.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I think if you have trouble telling the difference you probably shouldn't even have one.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
HTC have not been chased nearly as hard as they don't make products that are designed to trick people.
Rubbish. HTC and Motorola et al aren't making a shitload of money (or as much as Samsung) in smartphones and single-handedly desecrating Apple's market share.

It's got very little to do with infringed patents, it's trying to slow down the competition by any means necessary because they are faltering with their product and the 4S wasn't the "revolution" that they were hoping for.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's not even very bright, Apple relies on Samsung for a lot of the insides of most of their products (including the screens, reportedly). Samsung relies on Apple for approximately nothing.

Job

They are really after Google and Android, I don't even understand the tap to zoom complaint, surely that's a part of Android, not Samsungs feature?
HTC will be next if they are still making smartphones in a few years, the only innovators in smartphones over the years have been Nokia, and lok where that has got them.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Rubbish. HTC and Motorola et al aren't making a shitload of money (or as much as Samsung) in smartphones and single-handedly desecrating Apple's market share.

It's got very little to do with infringed patents, it's trying to slow down the competition by any means necessary because they are faltering with their product and the 4S wasn't the "revolution" that they were hoping for.

The 4s sold as well as any other all the market share that Google are taking is not coming from apple it is where cheap nokias ect are replaced with £50 Android Devices. The sales numbers for the 4s and the iPad 3 were both very healthy.

And sorry but Samsung are taking the piss with some of the designs. Identical size border on the tablet home button in the same spot on the tablet and then changing from micro USB to a backwards apple charger means they were looking for the fight and they got it.

It's not even very bright, Apple relies on Samsung for a lot of the insides of most of their products (including the screens, reportedly). Samsung relies on Apple for approximately nothing.

The Retina displays in use since the 4s and the iPad 3 are both LG screens.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
but why is it different from going into a shop for a sony tv and walking out with a panasonic? "they were all the same shape and i was so confused by it all that i couldnt ask a member of staff for what i was looking for"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom