News apple 1bn samsug 0

Poag

m00?
Use Three myself. Best network i've had since the beginning for me really. Excellent signal everywhere I go (they piggyback in areas with poor coverage). Great data rates. Support team is sometimes abit thick but eventually get what i wanted out of them on the two occasions i had to call them (Sold iPhone unlock and International roaming). But then again I do live in the overprivileged south...so thats probably the reason things down here work most of the time.......

Giffgaff took ages to support micro SIMs aswell. You can just cut it down to size yourself, did this for my sold phone. Or take it into CPW and they will cut it down to size for you if you ask nicely (they've got some garlic press style cutter that does the job)

On, and no other network holds a small match to Three when it comes to value for money.

GG unlimited data they cut me off after 9GB in a month. Three don't bat an eyelid when i use 28GB in a month, and yes, all legit usage, i pay extra for my tethering and i use it to the full :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
3 are cheap and have good coverage but you are utterly FUCKED if you need any support or have any problem.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I considered moving to Three, heard a lot of good things re data, I just fear we'll get reamed for a 4G data plan given the exclusivity.

I cut my GG sim to micro, but AFAIK you can't cut to nano hence the moans and groans.

Poag

m00?
I considered moving to Three, heard a lot of good things re data, I just fear we'll get reamed for a 4G data plan given the exclusivity.

I cut my GG sim to micro, but AFAIK you can't cut to nano hence the moans and groans.
I'll check it and see if i can come up with a template..for the nano.

Although i'm in a contract atm (stupidly..long story work related) 3 rolling month by month plans have all the bonus's of the contract plans. If they do ream then you can drop them within 30 days.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Totally fucked off with Orange, when I renewed my contract last year they told me it was for 12 months but the lying cunts put me on a 24 month tarrif. I am not happy but have no idea what to do about it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
And that is just County Dublin I would imagine. :D

Apparently not. Ironically that's one of the reasons why its not going to happen for ages; the winning bid has to guarantee countrywide coverage, which is kind of a good thing since eircom won't be wiring up the countryside with fibre any time in the next thousand years; but fuck me, 2015.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Totally fucked off with Orange, when I renewed my contract last year they told me it was for 12 months but the lying cunts put me on a 24 month tarrif. I am not happy but have no idea what to do about it.

Ofcom/trading standards yo

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Apparently not. Ironically that's one of the reasons why its not going to happen for ages; the winning bid has to guarantee countrywide coverage, which is kind of a good thing since eircom won't be wiring up the countryside with fibre any time in the next thousand years; but fuck me, 2015.

It isn't that long away really, we are almost in 2013! :p

Chilly

Balls of steel
Get the recording of the call.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
3 are cheap and have good coverage but you are utterly FUCKED if you need any support or have any problem.
Everyone says that but frankly after years of having to figure out indian call centre accents for virtually every company on the planet, I don't find this an issue anymore. Besides if you ask to speak to someone English (which I did the last time I had a problem) ended up with someone with a much easier Scottish accent, got the problem solved.

Three's biggest issue for me is that despite everything there are still loads of places in London where it will just drop calls.

Bahumat

FH is my second home

Who else saw
juliette-lewis-06.jpg
and
hulk_hogan.jpg
in that video?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
LOL at 4G, you can now hit your download cap in under a ten minutes.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
About fucking time Apple was put in its rightful place.

Job

LOL at Orange in Ireland, how many catholics use them?

Job

My stupid 'android os' has used 1gb data in the background this month, turns out lots of people have had this problem ,might well be in every Android phone, it's busting their cap before they can do anything else, WTF is it? Is it just the way the data usage app works,sort of sharing the kb's with the individual apps?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Job said:
My stupid 'android os' has used 1gb data in the background this month, turns out lots of people have had this problem ,might well be in every Android phone, it's busting their cap before they can do anything else, WTF is it? Is it just the way the data usage app works,sort of sharing the kb's with the individual apps?

Check updates my friend had this and an update was downloading failing to install and downloading again did 5 gb in a month.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Learn to setup your phone properly and it won't use data when you don't want it to.

Job

Thanks wazz, that's up there with 'has it got petrol in it?'
I've tried the obvious, all the hints from forums with the same problem, i'm not sure exactly of course what falls under 'Android OS', all the big hitters are individually measured, you can turn off background data by setting a 6GB cap, it's used 120mb in two days, but I've watched loads of shows on TVcatchup on 3G and it's only showing 4.8mb..I think the data usage app is bollocks.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
6gb cap and you are moaning about using 1gb? righto

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Go to Google Play > Settings > Auto-update over wi-fi only on.

Job

Done all of them, the 6GB cap is a weird requirement on Android, you have to set a cap, which is set at 6GB before it lets you turn off background data.
I'm not auto updating apps or syncing over 3G , but it's still carving through the data.
If you Google the problem, you'll find loads of people trying to work it out.
120mb in two days, WTF is it doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom