Apache or Stealth Bomber

• Apache. Pure flying death.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Stealth bomber. Simply no contest

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The F-22 is an overengineered piece of shit that gets outperformed by the F16 unless they cheat with the simulations.

Imagine what the su27 would do to it. Russians can't build a jet engine for toffee but they know how to engineer an aircraft.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The F22 is the best Air Frame on the planet once they sort the computer systems out there will be no equal for it. Now Obama has dropped funding though i dont know if you will ever see its potential.

Helme

Resident Freddy
The thing is, they are never going to sort the computer systems. The entire plane is flawed, they've been trying to get it to fly properly for 20 years now and it still doesn't work for more than 1½ hour on average without a critical error. It's just a shit plane designed for an enemy that doesn't exist, and is already getting replaced by the F-35 because that plane will be cheaper to maintain(since it can do CAS, Air Superiority & bombing so you won't have to use 3 different planes).

soze

I am a FH squatter
The thing is, they are never going to sort the computer systems. The entire plane is flawed, they've been trying to get it to fly properly for 20 years now and it still doesn't work for more than 1½ hour on average without a critical error. It's just a shit plane designed for an enemy that doesn't exist.

They have had versions of the plane that fly very well the problems always come with integrating weapons to flight which is why real life its useless. A show i watched about it shows how the plane can pull maneuvers ect that leave other planes in its dust but as soon as it tries to stabilize to fire missiles ect that's where it goes wrong. And its built to fight the top Russian and Asian planes as unless the next major war goes nuke it will be settled by air power which is why we are fucked.

Helme

Resident Freddy
The US isn't going to go to war with China or Russia in any timeframe where the F-22 would still be a useful plane, not to mention that the main reason to use the F-22 at all is it's stealth - which doesn't work unless you pack the absolute minimum load of weapons & fly in a straight line, this is provided that the enemy doesn't use WW2 radar that finds the plane without a single problem, or that the enemy is actually physically blind.

It's a bad plane with no real uses that costs way to much for what extra benefits it doesn't provide.

Did you know for example that 1 F-22 flying for 1 hour, costs more than the entire Venezuelan army does for a year?

The F-22 really should have gone the way of the Commanche, stealth doesn't really work or isn't really needed when you are hunting down people living in mudhuts, but meh what do I know - I mean personally I'd spend the budget they have on F-22's on getting some new F16's and body armor for their entire army instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom