Apache v Stealth Bomber

Apache or Stealth Bomber

• Apache. Pure flying death.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Stealth bomber. Simply no contest

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I'm with Helme!! I just fucking love how the A-10 looks. It's just class.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I'd take both of them out with my YF-22 Raptor

YF_22.sized.jpg

Stealth capabilities, radar jamming and over the horizon air to air missile systems. Would take both Apache and B2 out before they even saw us comming!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Carrying on from Helme's A10. Due to the success of the A10 these were built:

Edit: damn links not working!
Basically it is a C130 with a shitload of cannons and gattling guns on it. It expends so many rounds per second that operators have to clear the shell casings with shovels.

It can remain airbourne for up to 12 hours
Carries 10 tonnes of ammunition
larget single airbourne gun 105mm
Armaments as follows:

1 x 105mm Howitzer, 44 Lb Shells at 10 rounds per min
2 x 40 mm Bofors gun, 100 rounds per min
2 x Vulcan Rotary Cannons 20 mm at 7200 Rounds per min
2 x 7.62 mm Mini gattling guns

C130-Gunship.jpg

soze

I am a FH squatter
I'd take both of them out with my YF-22 Raptor

YF_22.sized.jpg

Stealth capabilities, radar jamming and over the horizon air to air missile systems. Would take both Apache and B2 out before they even saw us comming!

Actually you would try to pull a move and the computers would no nuts and fail. If you look at that plane till recently it had been pulled from duty apart from the city protection in the states.

Helme

Resident Freddy
The raptors utter shit yes, 25 years and $70bn for a plane that can't fly for more than 1½ hour without a serious need to land immediately error, not to even mention that it's "stealth" only really work against people where you wouldn't need the stealth to begin with(the russians have already countered the stealth years ago and sells the technology to anyone) and not to mention that if you were to use stealth, you couldn't carry any significant firepower anyways because it wouldn't be stealthed. Overall it's a shit plane and Obama did the right thing in cancelling production on them, that said. The he needs to do the same on the F-35 because it's just as bad.

The Spectre gunship is cool tho, hell the C-130 is cool, it's seen active service for 53 years now with no plans to replace it :)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
amidoinitrite?

Attachments

• airplane.jpg
    airplane.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 37

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Im with Helme on the A-10 it is one of my favourite planes ever! not many other vehivles where the pilot sits surrounded by a titanium bathtub to protect him!

The cannon on them is just immense

YouTube- A10 Run Against Taliban Hideout

YouTube- A-10 Thunderbolt

Hawkwind was saying about the AC-130 as well these are amazing planes, the amount of firepower they can put down in a small area is ridiculous!

YouTube- Lockheed AC-130 Gunship - 'Any Time, Any Place!'

Also check out the anti-heat seeking missile decoys.. they look awesome!

YouTube- Aviation Military Airplane C130AngelDecoys

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Eurofighter

Eurofighter1_30536a.jpg

Could it carry more bombs??? :p

Eurofighter was proof that you can't build a plane by committee. I worked on some of the cockpit avionics back in mid 90's. It was a complete joke the way contracts were handed out to develope key components.

I remember us receiving PSU boards from a very large German Company for the Engine Monitoring Systems and the components were mounted on the wrong side of the boards! Or another PSU for head down displays from an Italian company that did not even function. Millions of Euros wasted!

Then by the time it entered service it was 15 years out of date! An aircraft built out of comprises that fits no ones needs 100%.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
health and saety gone nuts with the hi-viz paint, what do they thinks gonna happen? stub your toe?

You obviously never worked with an Armourer! ;)

A is fo armourer
B is for bomb
what's next?...

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Used to have a little toy of the stealth bomber that made a cool pewpew sound when you pressed a button on it, so it gets my vote.

Plus they fucking pwn anyway.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The F22 being a Air Superiority fighter will be the best plane in the world as soon as they sort the computers out. It will stay the best until the Chinese or Russians build a new better plane. It's a brilliant looking plane too and even though it is crap at the moment i would rather have got a cut down f22 than the mess that is the euro fighter.

That is unless you want to drop bombs where the b2 is cool or take pics where the Blackbird 2 wins :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No guns.. No bombs.. No jet engine..

Fly this if you want to lose upon contact

Actually not that simple, for example in the winter war, finnish troops fought off russian migs with that sort of average planes.

Jets don't quite have the handling as they do.

soze

I am a FH squatter
While it might survive a while i cant see a way with pilots of equal skill a jet loses to a ww2 fighter plane. Even if you get rid of long range weapons the ww2 fighter would not get behind it close enough to use guns i would not have thought.

Helme

Resident Freddy
The F-22 is an overengineered piece of shit that gets outperformed by the F16 unless they cheat with the simulations.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
While it might survive a while i cant see a way with pilots of equal skill a jet loses to a ww2 fighter plane. Even if you get rid of long range weapons the ww2 fighter would not get behind it close enough to use guns i would not have thought.

Behind is not the only way, the jet has to slow down and can't do mach 10 if it wants to hit the fighter and you really don't have to hit that much to take someone down, especially in a jet.

The motions you can do in a fighter plane are just ridicilous compared to a jet.

Ofcourse i'm not claiming that they would win, but it's not as simple as "Fly this if you want to lose upon contact".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom