Gold Star Holder!!
AH-64 Apache Helecopter:

im_AH64ApacheHelicopter.jpg

or

B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber

800px-B-2_Spirit_original.jpg

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Whoever doesn't pick the Apache is a retard.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I'd say whoever doesnt pick the stealth bomber is a retard tbh.

Uara

Part of the furniture
I'll say it all depends on whether the B-2 is already in the air or not. If its not in the air anyone who doesn't pick the Apache is a retard tbh!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Stealth bomber: faster, invisible to radar, can cary more fuel, and can drop a bomb on an ant's arsehole from the edge of space. Pure win

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Don't mind me being the most awesome

lockheed_sr-71_blackbird-in-flight.jpg

megadave

I am a FH squatter
The only scenario the apache could win is if they both start on the ground within a certain range from each other and know where each other are, but if the apache shot the bomber it would blow them both up ...

Helme

Resident Freddy
The A-10 is cooler and more useful than both.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
NOTHING looks as awesome as the stealth bomber. Take your so-called cool looking jets and stick them up your bum. And while you're doing it, the stealth bomber has locked on to you from 60,000 ft and has a nuclear bomb aimed at your brown ring.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The only scenario the apache could win is if they both start on the ground within a certain range from each other and know where each other are, but if the apache shot the bomber it would blow them both up ...

The stealth bomber is hint: A bomber.

Do you know it's anti-air ordnance?

CorNokZ

NOTHING looks as awesome as the stealth bomber. Take your so-called cool looking jets and stick them up your bum. And while you're doing it, the stealth bomber has locked on to you from 60,000 ft and has a nuclear bomb aimed at your brown ring.
Good luck catching the blackbird at Mach 3.2 and flying at 85,000 ft.. Cya bomber

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The SR-71 was retired in 1998. The stealth bomber is still being deployed

soze

I am a FH squatter
Good luck catching the blackbird at Mach 3.2 and flying at 85,000 ft.. Cya bomber

The Blackbird has been retired i think there have been rumors of a mk 2 for a while now which is even faster i hope its true and we get some cool pics :)

CorNokZ

The SR-71 was retired in 1998. The stealth bomber is still being deployed

Yet it could still kick its ass

And yeah it might be able to carry an A-bomb, but you're a retard if you think that's a good thing..

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
the b-2 is a more amazing machine, but simply based on the maintenance and deployment costs the ah-64 is way more viable as a military solution.

its like comparing a koenigsegg ccxr and a porsche 911 imo.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bomber for ground targets. Apache would destroy it.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
The SR-71 had huge problems though due to expansion etc, meant it leaked fuel like a bitch.

CorNokZ

The SR-71 had huge problems though due to expansion etc, meant it leaked fuel like a bitch.

When on the ground yes.. In the air at high speed it didn't

Clarkson agrees with me

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Stealth bomber! its like playing a rogue class irl!

Helme

Resident Freddy
The thing is, the B-2 is too expensive to use, not only in maintence but they can't afford to lose a single one - they cost $730 million each to make. Meanwhile, the A-10 performs the same job, much better, cheaper and more reliably while also only costing $11 million each to produce.

I mean, the A-10 is just the epitome of engineering, it's designed to be able to make it back to base on itself with 1 engine, 1 wing and a tail blown off and then be able to land on its belly without landing gear incase that failed to.

The by far most awesome thing however is the GAU gattling gun the entire plane is built around which can fire 4200 RPM of 30mm armor piercing bullets.

Also it looks cool
800px-A-10_Thunderbolt_II_In-flight-2.jpg
There's a reason a 40 year old plane just got it's service extended by 20 more years, it fucking works - and looking as a non-military person this is the way to go in my opinion. Cheap reliable stuff that lasts ages rather than the large flashy bullshit that is old and countered when its finally finished production(see the F-22).

edit, also lol at this:
wikipedia said:
The A-10 saw combat for the first time during the Gulf War in 1991, destroying more than 900 Iraqi tanks, 2,000 military vehicles, and 1,200 artillery pieces. A-10s shot down two Iraqi helicopters with the GAU-8 gun. The first of these occurred on February 6, 1991 when Captain Robert Swain shot down an Iraqi helicopter over Kuwait marking the A-10's first air-to-air victory. Four A-10s were shot down during the war, all by surface-to-air missiles. A-10s had a mission capable rate of 95.7%, flew 8,100 sorties, and launched 90% of the AGM-65 Maverick missiles fired in the conflict. Shortly after the Gulf War, the Air Force gave up on the idea of replacing the A-10 with a close air support version of the F-16.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I call weak-ass on all those ships!

What you need is a modified Bell 222 twin-engined light helicopter.

Aka...you know it...

airwolf02.jpg

Airwolf bitches!

soze

I am a FH squatter
The thing is, the B-2 is too expensive to use, not only in maintence but they can't afford to lose a single one - they cost $730 million each to make. Meanwhile, the A-10 performs the same job, much better, cheaper and more reliably while also only costing $11 million each to produce.

A10 and the B2 are to different to look at that way. One a heavy bomber another a ground attack craft. Neither could do the other job thats why both exist.

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
The A10 (and the Apache, to get back to the original poll) are much more useful in the types of war's that the west has been involved with recently, ie going in and beating up small countries with out of date technology. If it can to a war with another superpower type state, then the B2 would be the most useful, but I can't see that happening anytime soon. (also, the B2 is just soooo pretty)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom