Anyone want to build me a gym workout thing...

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Based solely on gaining muscle mass and strength xD

I don't need cardio etc. as I'm already fit.

Idealy would be 20-25 mins long.

PM me or post here if your interested in helping ^^

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Age?
Weight?
Height?
Body Type?
What Equipment do you have?
How many times a week?
Do you do any other sports?
Are you willing to change your diet?

:)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Weight: 11.5 st (72kg)
Height: 5'12, i think
Body Type: erm ?, thin-ish if thats what you mean
What Equipment do you have: Multigym, free-weights, bike
How many times a week: 2
Do you do any other sports: 5-aside football for 1.5-2.5 hrs on saturday
Are you willing to change your diet: no, i dont control my diet except breakfast and lunch during weekdays

p.s hijak :D

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Bugz said:
Based solely on gaining muscle mass and strength xD

I don't need cardio etc. as I'm already fit.

Idealy would be 20-25 mins long.

PM me or post here if your interested in helping ^^

look , no matter what you do at the gym, even if you want to solely gain weight and muscle, you will have to do CV stuff (even if its just going on the rowing machine for 10 mins). It builds stamina, and will let you work harder, and gets you warmed up for the serious stuff. As for gaining Mass, you need to eat more. James Cracknell eats about 6000 calories a day. Aim to have AT LEAST 4 solid meals a day, count your calories and make sure you have over 2500. Remember to rest inbetween reps (repetitions) for about 30 seconds. So do 10 bench press/rest/10 more etc.
It will take about 6 weeks to start noticing a REAL difference in your muscular ability.

- English -

Resident Freddy
there is a difference for CV though. Cardio Vascular endurance is different to muscular endurance which he will gain by lifting something like half his max 11/12 times in reps. Yes staminia is needed, as in all things, but your post sounds like nothing will happen if he doesnt do CV fitness. People are fit for different things. Ie a huge fat geezer maybe fit for armwrestles, and obviously he wont be good at cardio vascular endurance etc, wereas paula ratclifee is fit for long distance and will not be fit for armwrestels :p .

pikeh

Resident Freddy
- English - said:
there is a difference for CV though. Cardio Vascular endurance is different to muscular endurance which he will gain by lifting something like half his max 11/12 times in reps. Yes staminia is needed, as in all things, but your post sounds like nothing will happen if he doesnt do CV fitness. People are fit for different things. Ie a huge fat geezer maybe fit for armwrestles, and obviously he wont be good at cardio vascular endurance etc, wereas paula ratclifee is fit for long distance and will not be fit for armwrestels :p .

didnt mean it to sound like nothing will happen, but its always good to do CV even if you THINK you dont need it.

- English -

Resident Freddy
pikeh said:
didnt mean it to sound like nothing will happen, but its always good to do CV even if you THINK you dont need it.

then in that case we can both be right :drink: :drink:

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Two days a week, so I guess we'll try a simple two day split :)

1st day: Upper Body

Bicep Curls 3x10 (do them so that you cannot really do the 10th)
Tricep Extentions 2x5 (Do them so the last set of 5 is hard)
Pressups 3-5x10
Dumbell Benchpress 2x5
Overhead Dumbell Press 2x5
Dumbell row (one armed) 2x5 (do twice once for each side)
Chin ups (if you got the bar!)
5x5 Crunches, slowly :p should hurt

2nd day: Lower Body

dumbell Lunges 3x5
Squats (bodyweight) 5-10x10
Resistance Squats 5x5 (get a coke bottle between u and wall as a roller :p hold dumbells in ur hand.)

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
pikeh said:
look , no matter what you do at the gym, even if you want to solely gain weight and muscle, you will have to do CV stuff (even if its just going on the rowing machine for 10 mins). It builds stamina, and will let you work harder, and gets you warmed up for the serious stuff. As for gaining Mass, you need to eat more. James Cracknell eats about 6000 calories a day. Aim to have AT LEAST 4 solid meals a day, count your calories and make sure you have over 2500. Remember to rest inbetween reps (repetitions) for about 30 seconds. So do 10 bench press/rest/10 more etc.
It will take about 6 weeks to start noticing a REAL difference in your muscular ability.

dont listern to that :p

cardio is good, but you will not gain muscle or loose fat quickly doing it.

As far as I am aware, the more lean muscle mass you have the more callories you will burn while resting. If your looking for that toned look, the football should be enough maybe a jog once or twice a week wouldnt hurt. There is no way you will get less lanky by sitting on a rowing machine.

If you were quoting a rower's work out plan? then they most probably work out 3-5 times a week, and lifting is just as important to them as using cardio rowing machines, the explosive energy gained from weights is needed alot in rowing.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Ati said:

i didnt once in my post say that he would did i?

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
sorry bugz but i kind of need to know a bit more about you, age ect? if your not 16 yet then i strongly suggest you wait till you do weights, until your fully grown

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
I Am 16,

6ft2
11stone8

starting a MAX-OT bulk monday.

Any advice I can gain from this thread would be great, thanks also.

Hope my input is useful, I know Elkie is well educated in this area so I'll keep my eye out for his posts.

friky

Fledgling Freddie
I want one also :D

Im 15.. round 9 stone + 1stone (penis size ).. bare wege
hight : 5.9 ft

have multi Gym , tredmill , rowing masine , bike , waights

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Ati said:

As far as I am aware, the more lean muscle mass you have the more callories you will burn while resting. If your looking for that toned look, the football should be enough maybe a jog once or twice a week wouldnt hurt. There is no way you will get less lanky by sitting on a rowing machine.

If you were quoting a rower's work out plan? then they most probably work out 3-5 times a week, and lifting is just as important to them as using cardio rowing machines, the explosive energy gained from weights is needed alot in rowing.

theres nowt wrong with rowers. built and fit? dont see the harm in that. 6k calories a day is quite an impressive amount, but sure easily done with the right diet. if he manages that hell be putting on the pounds in no time.

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
pikeh said:
theres nowt wrong with rowers. built and fit? dont see the harm in that. 6k calories a day is quite an impressive amount, but sure easily done with the right diet. if he manages that hell be putting on the pounds in no time.

I know a few rowers, and they spend more time lifting weights than in the water :p especially when its cold! :D not disputing cardio is important. I'm guessing 6k is on a gym/training day :>

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Ati said:
I know a few rowers, and they spend more time lifting weights than in the water :p especially when its cold! :D not disputing cardio is important. I'm guessing 6k is on a gym/training day :>

well, all the advice im giving is personal experience. I hate CV, but just keep an open mind and dont neglect it.

and its 6k just for breakfast! ProGain instead of tea! xD

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Ati said:
Age?
Weight?
Height?
Body Type?
What Equipment do you have?
How many times a week?
Do you do any other sports?
Are you willing to change your diet?

Weight: 52-53 KG ish (slightly under 9 stone)
Height: 5'6
Body Type: Slender/skinny but athletic muscle
Equipment: Weights / Weight thing / Rowing Machine
How many times a week: I've read tissue rebuilds in 48 hours so 3-4 times a week.
Sports: Football/Rugby/Cycling (daily)/A lot of walking
Chane in diet: I've already changed to a high-calory diet (2500 calories a day ish) but yes, i'm willing to change more.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:
Weight: 52-53 KG ish (slightly under 9 stone)
Height: 5'6
Body Type: Slender/skinny but athletic muscle
Equipment: Weights / Weight thing / Rowing Machine
How many times a week: I've read tissue rebuilds in 48 hours so 3-4 times a week.
Sports: Football/Rugby/Cycling (daily)/A lot of walking
Chane in diet: I've already changed to a high-calory diet (2500 calories a day ish) but yes, i'm willing to change more.

personally bugz and you dont have to listen to me but im not makeing this up i think you would benefit if you would wait atleast a month after you turned 16 to start CONSIDERING this rapid change you are trying to make to yourself, is my point of view, i dont really want to give advice at the moment as i dont want to see you affecting your growth by doing things like weight training when you yourself my not be sure if your muscles or and aspect of you body are fully grown (mainly bones ect)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Bugz said:

2500 a day is RDA, so you want to be aiming for 3k plus :)

Marc

FH is my second home
Nick, im assuming you are an ectomorph. You will never gain massive muscles unless you take Steriods, which I wouldnt advise unless you want to turn into an agressive monster (I used to fight with my own shadow!!!)

Just eat shit loads of food and do weights. People can give you all these fancy workouts but the bottom line is, everyone is different. A workout that may benefit one person, wont benefit another person. Its best to just go to a gym, look what kind of exercises other people are doing and try them out for yourself.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Elkie said:
personally bugz and you dont have to listen to me but im not makeing this up i think you would benefit if you would wait atleast a month after you turned 16 to start CONSIDERING this rapid change you are trying to make to yourself, is my point of view, i dont really want to give advice at the moment as i dont want to see you affecting your growth by doing things like weight training when you yourself my not be sure if your muscles or and aspect of you body are fully grown (mainly bones ect)

Qft. You don't want to close the growth plates on your bones prematurely while you're still growing.

Oh and Ati that routine is quite awful for an upper/lower split imo, way too much volume on upper day, and no deadlifts at all? (providing people have a bar)

1st day: Upper Body

Bicep Curls 3x10 <- Do these last, you're exhausting them before more taxing movements (rows/chins)
Tricep Extentions 2x5 <-As above but for Benching.
Pressups 3-5x10 <--Not good for building mass.
Dumbell Benchpress 2x5 <--Go for 3x6 or 4x8
Overhead Dumbell Press 2x5 <- 3x6 or 4x8 again.
Dumbell row (one armed) 2x5 <-3x6/4x8.
Chin ups (if you got the bar!)
5x5 Crunches, slowly should hurt

2nd day: Lower Body

dumbell Lunges 3x5 <-3x6/4x8 again.
Squats (bodyweight) 5-10x10 <-3x6/4x8.
Resistance Squats 5x5 (get a coke bottle between u and wall as a roller hold dumbells in.

I'll make up a 2 or 3 day split when i get home later for you guys, show you how it's really done ;)

Edit: Here's a link to show you the best exercises, and yes OLOL HE HAS A PENIS.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/WtMale.html

Marc out of interest how long were you training before starting cycles? (assuming i've read what you said right)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Vladamir said:
Oh and Ati that routine is quite awful for an upper/lower split imo, way too much volume on upper day,

having said that squats are probably the hardest exercise to do :-\
on a "day of squat" you dont wanna be doing nearly as much as on a upper body day.

Marc

FH is my second home
Ive never really done cycles per se. I change to a different exercise, when I feel im gaining nothing else from what im doing.

Eg, one time I was stuck on 60k either side on olympic press. I just couldnt do 10 reps with 65k either side, was stuck on this for about 2 months. So i changed to dumbells instead and managed to do it (well, with the equivalent), then went back to using the olympic bar.

I have been training on and off for about 7 years, but with me it has been dificult, because I play rugby, my speed has sometimes suffered due to my size, so I have had to shed some muscle, in order to gain speed, if you get what I mean :D

Vladamir

FH is my second home
pikeh said:
having said that squats are probably the hardest exercise to do :-\
on a "day of squat" you dont wanna be doing nearly as much as on a upper body day.

True, but heavy squats rox :D

Leg day for me is always much, much more taxing than any other day. Though i seem to average 5/6 exercises per session :)

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Vladamir said:
True, but heavy squats rox :D

Leg day for me is always much, much more taxing than any other day. Though i seem to average 5/6 exercises per session :)

Aye, Ignore my workout routine, was done too quickly.

Read those thinks, 16 is not too early to start liting weights.

For all those that want to gain wait extremely fast I'll get a really good thread for you, hold on ;D

Bah, cant find it, ill keep looking.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
pikeh said:
2500 a day is RDA, so you want to be aiming for 3k plus :)

Well I put in my weight/height (was a little less weight than now) into some calculator and it told me 2000 was my calory consumption per day. Then I read to add 500 calories if your bulking up so I ended up with 2500.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
because you havn't finished growing yet
2500 is daily consumption for the average 'man'

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
If your doing alot of cardio , your gonna have to eat a SHITLOAD of food to build decent muscle mass as well. Stop most cardio , bulk up for 3~ months and then lose any weight if needed - its a hell of a lot easier than trying to build muscle when your body's burning off all energy sources doing CV. Also try hurting yourself abit doing 10 mins CV before any workout , I feel this makes me less of a pussy when doing weights and more likely to dig in and go to 12 instead of 10 etc.

also I dunno how effective this is gonna be if your 15 and skinny , it seems your body isnt so well matured yet ; alot of people wont notice decent muscle development till 17~ or 18~ depending on the individual of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom