Anyone from UK Had item dispatched notice yet on SI ?

K

krill-nyd

Got the confirmation email that it has been despatched today by Amazon.co.uk, now the Royal Mail just has to work.

S

Stormm

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
The way the world SHOULD work...

Being from South Africa, we don't get many games shipped into the country, so often, we have to order (at excessive shipping costs) games from the US, or UK, or Australia, IF they will ship at all...after all, it IS Africa... :rolleyes:

Anyway. About 3/4 years ago, Tiberian Sun (C&C) was going to be released worldwide on the Friday. Of course, all the Warez boys had theirs a day or two before, but I orderred my limited edition and waited.

Released in the US on the Friday, arrived in at my door on the Monday. That's 14,000 kms and damn good delivery.

Now, from all our previous experiences, like when DAoC went live, we all mostly got ours on the Friday 15th of Feb. I got mine, from Amazon, and like with all their releases, got it on the day it stated to release.

Now, Amazon may state that they're shipping on Wednesday, but, if GOA is correct and they are legally bound to only release it on Friday...well, I wouldn't get my hopes up for receiving it tomorrow. As for Play? Well, I'm giving them a try, as I'll save at least £12 on the bundle over Amazon. If they deliver only on Monday, then sure, I'll be a bit miffed, and will remember that for any release dates in the future.

-G

... but my status on Amoz says 'Dispatched '.... and my mail says 'shipped too....'

sure that means its left Amoz and is in the hands of teh RM

M

Madonion Slicer

Got two copies on order with Play rather save the cash and get it a few days later.

Even if it does turn up tomorrow, not like you can do much with it you can look at the nice graphics and that is about it.

oh and with the billing service still down you cant even activate SI, so good luck logging in.

Oh well i sit back with my extra cash and wait for them to pop through the letter box just in time for GOA to sort all the problems out.

C

CliffyG

I have pre-ordered mine from my local game store for double reward points but am picking it up on the day, this is one game i dont want to have to wait till Monday/Tuesday for.

G

Garaen

Items Dispatched on 18 February, 2003
Delivery estimate: February 21 - February 25 1 of: Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles

From amazon.co.uk :)

B

BrassMonkey

Well i've ordered two copies. One from Gameplay (for me) and one from Game (for my bro Infernus) they are being ranked and scored according to their performance!

Gameplay have been good to me in the past every time, get games on day of release always around lunchtime though so not expecting it in the morning (servers probably be down anyway if they're patching). Remeber when i got me X-Box, sat by the front door all morning :lol:

Oh and once Amazon left my stuff by my back door cus i was in bed when they called. Hope there's no DAoC monkeys camping outside waiting to mug him :scared:

Edit: Looked on gameplay and me status is still 'Ordered' with '3 days until release' so not expecting it until Friday now.

O

old.0xygen

I wonder if si will have a funny on the box like the original release did.

(if you have your box near you check on the bottom right hand corner)

"Exploitation and community management by Goa.com."

Hopefully they'll do another one :clap:

A

Aule Valar

Delivery estimate: February 19 1 of: Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles

weee heee
thats from amazon btw
screw lectures for the rest of the week

A

aavarn

What pisses me off is that in England we have to wait for them to translate the latest releases from Mythic into German and French before we get to play them when basically I know I could put up with America's poor spelling and would rather play the most recent release now without the transatlantic lag.

Although tbh because of the shocking state of France's internet infrastructure (It is optimised for use IN France - the french don't quite understand the concept of a global community). I probably get faster pings to the US Servers than the french ones - must test that.

O

old.moriath

Originally posted by Madonion Slicer
Got two copies on order with Play rather save the cash and get it a few days later.

Even if it does turn up tomorrow, not like you can do much with it you can look at the nice graphics and that is about it.

oh and with the billing service still down you cant even activate SI, so good luck logging in.

Oh well i sit back with my extra cash and wait for them to pop through the letter box just in time for GOA to sort all the problems out.

They are patching all the servers tomorrow UK included

So you will be able to play it tomorrow

O

old.0xygen

blame Mythic for selling the rights to a French company with a dodgy record to cover 3 main countries.

Whose idea was that?

T

trigali

I called Gameplay this morning: they did not have the boxes yet.

They are expecting to receive SI today, so don't hold your breath. It's not going to be there tomorrow, for sure.

F

Flimgoblin

aavarn - that whine is SO May '02.

and the standard response these days is

kthxbye.

C

calif101

Order Date: 27 January 2003
Order #: 026-xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dispatching to: xxxxxxx Items Dispatched on 18 February, 2003

Woot

A

agraucred

damn it amazon, get my copy out into the post now :mad:

C

Chandelen

From amazon.co.uk

Delivery estimate: February 19
: Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles

S

shilak

Same, ordered mine from Amazon.co.uk, was dispatched this morning (18th) with expected delivery date of (19th). Just hope GOA can get the patch done on 19th as they planned.

T

the_smurflord

Just got the confirmation e-mail from amazon.co.uk too just now. 2 copies on their way, should get them tomorrow. Yay!

T

Teh Fonz!!1

LOL Mine have just been sent to me as well!!!

Back of the net!

M

mid_Efour

Items Dispatching Soon

A

ajeroth

SI

Order Date: 28 January 2003
Order #: 026-9055467-
Dispatching to:

Delivery estimate: February 19
1 of: Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles

Woohoo!

A

Aileanara

:clap:

In the post thank you very much

Wonders about having a sick day ;)

T

the_smurflord

Yeah, I can feel myself falling ill by the minute <cough> :lol:

Seriously though, pull a sickie on thursday not tomorrow, or you'll be looking at the Server Unavailable screen for a loooooong time.

A

Aileanara

Um maybe Friday for a long weekend or Thursday Firday for exra long weekend

Hang on Newsflash just in :)
From Official site

The Plan for Wednesday
[2003-18-02]

With less than 24 hours to the European release of Shrouded Isles and the patching of our servers to 1.57, it is time to share our plans with you. Tomorrow, we will both install Shrouded Isles and the patch 1.57 on the European servers.

All servers will be shutdown tomorrow morning at 7 am GMT. Exceptionally this time, you will receive a very short warning (5 minutes) so do not be surprised, but plan accordingly.

First we will bring the patching servers back up, allowing you to patch to 1.57. The login servers will be unavailable until noon approximately and you will not be able to access the server selection screen, which will not be very important since the servers will be down and unavailable till the end of the afternoon.

To sum it up :

7 am GMT : Shutdown of all servers.
8 am GMT : Patching servers available.
Early afternoon : Login servers available.
End of the afternoon : Game servers available.

This migration will be more important and more complicated than the ones we are used to with regular patches. On top of the software modifications, we will also have to do physical changes on the servers during the day. The whole procedure has been heavily tested on our test servers and everything should go smooth on the live servers.

If not done already, we invite you to read the various release notes (1.55 to 1.57) available in our Dark Age of Camelot knowledge database.

On another topic, the population of the German servers has grown steadily and the first pre-order estimation of the German version shows that a new wave of players is incoming. Therefore, we are planning on opening another German server tomorrow, so there will be plenty of room for the new players. The new server's name is now known and it will be Dartmoor. Do not be surprised if you see a new server coming up on the list tomorrow.

We will do another briefing tomorrow about Shrouded Isles.

O

old.0xygen

Things have worked out nicely I am actually pretty sick right now. Really bad cough runny blocked nose headaches, sneezing.

If I have to be sick my body picked a good time :)

A

agraucred

starting to sweat alittle now. 5:20 and still "dispatching soon", if they miss the final post ill be pissed, grrrr!

S

Slinker

Well no e-mail , but my Amazon account says this :

Items Dispatching Soon

hope so :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom