Anyone else leaving daoc?

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Im not and never will be sold :) but yeh i quit lol but no ones getting their hands on my acc! <sharpens his sword> :twak:

Choniel

Fledgling Freddie
So quitting is a bit FOTM now? If it is then i am FOTM for the first time :D

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
ok.. to explain why so many high RR ppl dislike ToA:

1. They have played for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time, and have had theyr chair of PvE.

2. They are lvl 50, has good gear, and everything like that.. now, not only do they need to farm the bloody artifact, they need to farm the scrolls, then farm for like 100000000 houers to get the blody thing to lvl 10.. that is not fun, and most of the artifacts lvls of mobs that none kills in groups, they hafto do it solo.. and that isnt exactly fun either...

3. They have played theyr way to 50, farmed to good gear, of crafted theyr way to LGM crafter and earned enugh cash to bye the stuff.. They were finished with PvE, and having FUN in RvR..

4. ToA bring an insane amount of owerpowerdnes that needs some serious nerfing, like Stealth Lore, Fields, ML abiletys (not all) and +melee dmg/speed and that crap. This serves no1 good, as it forces every1 that wants to have fun in RvR to go farm farm farm, and then farm even more.. and then go to trough 110 quests, to get to ML 10... this is NOT fun.

They should have brought new quests, new dungeons, new armor design, new weapon design, but not all the fecking ToA stats that we now have, not MLs, not artifacts...

And btw, its not only the High RR ppl that complain.. 99 oute of 100 ppl dislikes ToA... dont come and tell me that 99% of the players are high RR...
you just notice the High RR ppls complaints, becouse you know who they are..

Xyliana

One of Freddy's beloved
SI/Toa whats the difference

I think there will be a drop off, I stopped playing when SI came out cause no one was in the realms and I figure I will do the same a bit for toa, but then come back and try to figure out why everyone are turning into cats

Kained_again

Fledgling Freddie
I look at ToA as somewhere else to explore.

A well balanced character with half decent equipment, while at a slight disadvantage in a 1v1 fight can still perform very well in groups.

Its a case of visit ToA if you want to, dont if you dont.....

Emain has been total chaos without the usual gank groups running round, and a lot of fun most days too :)

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
Taking a break from DAoC.. bored mainly. Might come back but just cant face having to go through all the farming for my chars (done it with mincer so know how long it takes ;o )

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I love ToA - I've activated 4 artifacts, levelled 2 of them to 10, one to 8 and another one to 3. I haven't found any of them to be particularly arduous except maybe winged helm on occasion, I have a 48 BB (got her from 42 to 48 by grouping to level arts) I'm nearly ML 5 and have finished my SC setup. Since ToA I've also got ~200k RPs levelled a couple of alts etc etc.

I don't think I play excessively - probably a couple of hours a night and a few hours over the weekend. I still have a healthy social life, I go to Uni every day and have a part time job, so why are people having so many problems with ToA?

I think the trick is not to make it a time sink - play it when you want to, and don't when you don't - too many people feel compelled to play because they don't want to miss out on ML stuff or whatever. People need to manage their time within a game - when you level an art, make sure you're getting the best xp - don't level stuff all day - level it till the camp bonus has gone, then go elsewhere, or level another artefact, or go RvR, or level an alt, or go for a walk, watch TV - there's no need to sit there pounding the same mobs for hours on end to little avail. Also don't be afraid to ask someone for a hand doing something, or asking if there's any spare buffs going. Maybe the fact that I'm in a really supportive and co-operative guild means that I'm really enjoying ToA :confused:

I think people just need to remember that they're playing this game for enjoyment, and not to let it control your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom