anyone crashing when loading up?

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Please be patient
Thank you Roaken for the update, we appreciate it muchly

However id like to point out one thing.. for some reason two of my charactor files were changed to .mpg and .bin files, cud this have something to do with it, or is anybody else getting that problem

Currently working under vista 64.. so its located
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot
I use DR so the last bit after Dark age of Camelot is \DR (isnt that normaly /.... <shrug> anyway) the files labeled Char is a .bin and the file labeled User is .mpg
Char.bin - 4kb
User.mpg - 4kb

If this doesnt help roaken, im sorry but that jsut seems mighty strange

leviathane

Part of the furniture
it's real fun, considering i reactivated for this shit. TY GOA much appreciating the waste of money.

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Jesus... relax guys, give them the time alteast, ur not gonna die from not playing for less then 24 hours (however after 24 hours its anybody guess lol)

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
Jesus... relax guys, give them the time alteast, ur not gonna die from not playing for less then 24 hours (however after 24 hours its anybody guess lol)

i think its fair for people to moan, it worked perfect for me on my vista, never had a problem. "This" was supposed to help with vista compatibility (there was problems??) and instead they've gone and fucked it up.

Do they even test this shit before putting it to download???

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
i can understand as well why ppl are getting pissed.

i do not have this problem but a friend does and there not very good with computers and the break down the gm has dun is not gr8 for some 1 who does not no what they doing so imo a dummys guide would not go a miss for her.

- English -

Resident Freddy
that post the gm did made no sence to anyone.. its only stating there are a few new files which are obviously causing the problem... seems like roaken has gone to bed...

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
I love the way they worded that vista issues resolved bit "Players, put down your torches and pitchforks. There is no need to put the building on fire today. The Vista issue is now resolved. Vista users may now conquer and kill at will." lol gonna love the ppl who (while acting profesionaly) go and tell ppl to " conquer and kill at will" lmao

But anyway, ye i do see why ppl are getting stroppy about it, i did at first while scraching my head wondering why my charactors had the blushing virus, but it wont do any good moaning about it, infact it will probably make it worse, plus we all know that every game out there has its problems, and that patches are tested before they are given to download, sometimes the makers do make mistakes too u know, they are only human after all

and aye, i must agree that a "do easy guide" will help alot of ppl out there, in the case that one is not given, i do offer that i can help out the ppl that dont know there way around a computer, but im sure that wont be needed, im faithful enough to know that GOA wont just let ppl hang there (cus ofc that wood be bad for business, not saying they are shallow in any way) and i am hoping that Roaken or Requel will post up a "do easy guide" just to be on the safe side

And just incase one is not given, u can PM me at any stage AFTER an update from one of the GOA lads has been posted and i will do the best i can to help u out
Thats ofc, if they just dont put it in the patcher program and then everybody HAS to download it in order to get online hehe :p

anyway im rambling to much
veg out

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry for the double post, but if i edit that one it will get to long and ppl wont read it

i noticed in the Herold for the US servers that this was posted

"I'm still not here, as I said last week, but this was important enough to haul me away from my moving boxes.

If you are a Vista user, you currently are not able to play the live game. We've been working on this non-stop for awhile now.

You may have noticed that Vista worked on Pendragon, so why doesn't it work on live? That's because Microsoft put in a feature to help Vista work with older games, such as the five year old Camelot. This feature works with the file called "game.dll." Pendragon's file is not called that - it's called "tgame.dll." For various reasons, we have to keep calling the live file "game.dll," so we need to find a solution that doesn't involve renaming the file."

it then goes to say dont rename ur life... for OFC obvious reasons, cus u'd then screw up the entire coding for the game, and then u'd have to reinstall

but the program they are talking about... its not the DEP (data execution prevention) is it? cus that cud be one of the reasons why its screwing up

All the vista users here know what DEP is and how obsessivly ANNOYING it can be, it has cuased problems for ALOT of vista users... so i can understand if that wood be it...

Ill go and try afew things and edit this post when im done, i hope this works... or atleast gets u into game without crashing it, atleast then GOA cud work at there own pase without being pushed (and then horriably making another mistake which typicaly might effect the entire playerbase, and then we are ALL in the shitter)

"edit"

Nope... that had absolutely no effect whatsoever, i even went as far as getting rid of all the programs that were running to make sure it wasnt something like rundll32 that was cuaseing the problem, still no effect

I hope they ring the US an ask what the problem was, but i can imagen that its not exactly the same considering the servers are totaly differant and such, so i can imagen the coding is differant for the US servers to the Euro servers

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
dude, u need to take a chill pill.. seriously, when have u ever known GOA to just go home and leave us like this, and NOT pay us back for it? umm? i will say that they will be (or should be) giving a +1 day to ur subscrition for this little mishap, u wont loss ur money, however u will miss out on killing ur enemy tonight, for that they are sorry but u will get the day back on ur subscribtion and besides, it gives u a nice calming day without having to scream at ur monitor saying "HACKER HACKER.. OMG HACKER"......... see?

So plz, go sit down have a smoke (if u smoke) and chill till they fix it

"edit"

I can totaly understand that ur upset about it and want to moan about it, im in the same boat as u right now, i cant get on and im dieing to stand in emain with my bow... MY TRIGGER FINGER IS DIEING TO SPAZ OUT ON MY MOUSE BUTTON... all u mids and albs are gonna be sorry that 1.88 came out :D im just gonna stick on quick fire, have about 8000 arrows.. and open fire on anything that moves (that isnt hib ofc)... umm actually i think i just proved myself there lol, but hey look, its not gonna help breathing down there necks about it, as i said im in the same boat, ill give the time for it to be fixed, u should too

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
I'm praying for some mini vista patch - rather than some complex (well to me at least :eek7:) work requiring renamed folders/files! :wij:

/bow

Hypnotastic

Fledgling Freddie
Yep same problem here; high-end laptop, vista, purple characters and crash to desk top.

All I can say is brilliant ! The level of incompetence astounds me....

Either they hadn't tested with vista (which would be absolutely amazing in itself) or they knew about the problem and did it anyway, but then hey they're French ... customer satisfaction isn't exactly a no.1 priority.

I'll go watch some films for a few days and maybe even go down the gymn. If it isn't fixed by the weekend I'll probably buy LOTRO. If it's good enough, hey who knows...

Frodo I'm coming ! :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
no problem what so ever playing on XP.

man i'm happy i ditched that fucking vista piece of shit :)

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Servers arent down, im still picking them up here dude, must be ur firewall acting up
Altho even if the servers were down, look what time it is, u honestly think GOA is gonna work through the night on something this small? maybe they wood if the servers desided to self destruct, but not on something like this

Leahc

Fledgling Freddie
... look what time it is, u honestly think GOA is gonna work through the night on something this small? ...

How small is the issue, who knows how many of their costumers using Vista?

Hope they work like little sweatting pigs night and day to fix it, after that they are allowed to go home to the red wine and french lingery wearing gf's :D

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
Im sure the people at GOA have lives outside of Daoc - additionally Windows Vista is NOT compatible with every game out there and it has been a bit of a pain in the arse as of yet until most programs can handle its 64bit architecture and filing - even in the test notes which were available about 3 MONTHS ago vista compatibility was discussed.

Please don't bitch about you missing out on one day of RvR because YOUR pc isnt compatible with the game, last night there were about 500+ players who could get on the server because they use a FULLY SUPPORTED windows version.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Im sure the people at GOA have lives outside of Daoc - additionally Windows Vista is NOT compatible with every game out there and it has been a bit of a pain in the arse as of yet until most programs can handle its 64bit architecture and filing - even in the test notes which were available about 3 MONTHS ago vista compatibility was discussed.

Please don't bitch about you missing out on one day of RvR because YOUR pc isnt compatible with the game, last night there were about 500+ players who could get on the server because they use a FULLY SUPPORTED windows version.

I think you've missed the point here. People were told that this patch would be Vista compatible. Apparently it's not :( Therefore making out that it's the consumers fault is wrong. Try and put yourself in those players shoes. :fluffle:

/bow

- English -

Resident Freddy

i agree with lormez guy... vista was working before mythic made vista compatitble for daoc...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think you've missed the point here. People were told that this patch would be Vista compatible. Apparently it's not :( Therefore making out that it's the consumers fault is wrong. Try and put yourself in those players shoes. :fluffle:

/bow

and with all the bloody problems vista have on nearly EVERY game and program out there, i really do wonder why ppl still insist on using in on a gaming PC.

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
It is now 2 pm and still no news at all with the problem' id of thought they would of at least said we are doing so and so tests to try solve the problem but yet again we the ppl who pay there wages are short changed.

To the ppl who think so what there was still 500 ppl online yesterday think about it did u see names u not seen in a long time ?? yes will u see them in a weeks time prob not if this is not sorted soonish i can see dyvert server hitting the 300 mark in prime time.

To the GM gif some sort of clue what is going on and if u are trying to fix it or not as theres been no indication of any1 dealing with it so far.

would stop ppl getting on your backs if we had some info.

thz

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Craft is right
When u bought windows vista, u knew FULL well what u were getting urselves in for regarding games, not ALL games have vista support and even the ones that state they have vista support... DONT

Give goa the time to fix this issue, dont just bash them the second the issue arrises... wait a day or two, THEN BASH them for not having it fixed

shedster.. im sure Roaken will be happy to give u info regarding the situation, and the progress they are having, but taking him away from the issue will only slow down the progress they are having, so please let roaken post information regarding this issue on his own time, that way we can be sure he is doing his job 100% of the time :)

Cabilla

Fledgling Freddie
Problems with Logging into the game ! ! !

Hi all ,

Since I had some problem's with my PC , over 3 weeks now . . .
( Had to install a new Motherboard )
I have lost my logging - in password for playing the game , since I had to reinstall of all programs and stuff , can some1 tell me , how I can become again my old Password for playing the game .

Have looked all over on the webside of DAOC and so to find a solution , so now this here is my last hope , to find a way to get it back .

I still know my logging in name but not my password anymore , can some1 tell me , how I can become my password , what I have to do for it ?

Greetings and Regards , for those who can help me out

Cabilla .

--------------------------------------
Prydwen Server ( Albion ) Cabilla lvl 50 Cabalist ( CL10 / ML7 )
Andrez lvl 50 Theurgist ( CL10 / ML10 )
Nightinggale lvl 45 Scout ( ML2 ) ( LGM Fletcher )
. . .
Avalon Server ( Hibernia ) Sereana lvl 50 Bainshee ( CL10 / ML4 )
. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom