anyone crashing when loading up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by - English -, Jul 25, 2007.

1. - English -

- English - Resident Freddy

loading lab / using vista 64, keep crashing when its on the loading screen before u enter the game

2. Lorimez Shadowblade

Lorimez Shadowblade Fledgling Freddie

I'm using Vista and having major problems - I'm wondering if its an OS compatibility problem :( :(

/bow

3. - English -

i bet they will annouce an update for vista in the next few weeks lol...

4. Lorimez Shadowblade

Lol

I've tried to log in with my faulty characters but it just crashes - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :twak:

/bow

5. - English -

pls stop /bowing at me, enough ppl know im a king :p

6. AngelHeal

AngelHeal Part of the furniture

funny , i thought england only had a queen :|

7. Lorimez Shadowblade

No offence but I always /bow at the end of a message :fluffle:

/bow

8. - English -

who said im the king of england :p

9. Lorimez Shadowblade

King of Homeowners? :touch:

/bow

P.S. Apparently its a law that you can't insult the Queen whilst on English soil. however, you can stand on a box and do so! :wij:

10. sp4nky

sp4nky Fledgling Freddie

yes im geting this aswell ...

11. - English -

any official news about this?

12. sp4nky

sp4nky Fledgling Freddie

Nope not yet, and they have not even posted that the servers are open...

13. Lorimez Shadowblade

I'm leaving it until tomorrow. :(

I really hope that GoA don't expect us (Those that are not confident with computer systems / files) to do something to our machines without a basic step by step guide. Imo the patch notes for 1.88 make fook all sense! :wij:

Best of luck fellas

/bow

14. Norvindus

Norvindus Can't get enough of FH

I have the same problem on my vista, besides all characters base texture in the character selection view are purple. Ie where there aren't any other overlay texture.

15. VegetaFH1

VegetaFH1 Fledgling Freddie

guys guys... this might not even be vista related or graphics card related

this might be just one file that was put in the patcher when it was released or something silly like that

Post up ur system specs, and we can deduced from that if it is O/S related or anything (and post ur O/S ofc, otherwise we cant deduced crap)

System specs:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M57sli-S4 (updated bios)
    CPU: AMD AM2 athlon64X2 6600+ (duel core)
    Memory: OCZ Special ops edition x2 sticks of 2gig DDR2 PC2 7200 (not O/C)
    Videocard: x2 Power of View Nvidia Geforce8 8800GTX (not O/C)
    O/S: Windows Vista x64 Home Premium edition

This is what it basicly looks like when crashing on my machine

4 images... sorry for not downsizing them, but they need to be fully sized for u to see it properly
    The Blushing Virus (nicknamed for obvious reasons)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Norvindus, there is overlay textures, otherwise my druid face woodnt be darker then the others.. im just wondering what cud be cuasing this, its a very strange error

16. leviathane

leviathane Part of the furniture

yeap thts what im getting on my lappy which has vista too :/ GJ on the vista compatabilty patch. LAWL

17. Shadowss

Shadowss Banned

i have the exact same problem mates and the patch nots dont make any sense to me lol!!

except all my dudes are white not purple :/

18. leviathane

i've RN'd it so hopefully can be resolved soon.

19. VegetaFH1

I think everbody has right now'd it by now... i myself posted about 4 times in right now, within a 10 mins space lol.... i just forgot to add information into it (like i always do)

20. Bigbrother

Bigbrother Fledgling Freddie

same prob

same prob here , it crashes , funny , worked before patch .. and this was one meant to support vista ... :) o yeah ..

noticed that it didnt make a folder under users ,.. i keep digging and debugging ..

21. sp4nky

sp4nky Fledgling Freddie

Discussion Thread
    Response (CM) 07/25/2007 08:52 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for the report. We will investigate the technical issues currently with Windows Vista, and based on what we find, will take actions to prevent similar incidents in the future. We ask you to be patient whilst we work on a solution so that Vista users may play Dark Age of Camelot - any news regarding this will be posted on our website and we will do our best to solve the problems you are having.

Yours sincerely,
    ---------------------------------------------
    European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

22. VegetaFH1

GOA replyed

They are working on investigating on what the problem cud be, they do indeed suspent that its Vista cuaseing the problem, so ill retract my statment about it possably not being vista

They also put in the standed, we will post this on our main site when we have finished and hope to prevent this sort of thing in the future

Soo it wasnt an auto reply, that only took... 20 mins for a reply, they are getting faster an faster at that :)

"edit"

Ye basicly what spanky put up there was what i got

I'd hope roaken or raquel (sorry if i spelt that wrong mate) wood come in and say afew words on the prossess of elimination they did on this, or even to say the progress they have had in finding the problem, cus u know we do like to be updated, but i suppose all we can do is have full faith in them to have it fixed by... lets say tomorrow

23. leviathane

ye i think they're copy pasting the same msg

Thank you for the report. We will investigate the technical issues currently with Windows Vista, and based on what we find, will take actions to prevent similar incidents in the future. We ask you to be patient whilst we work on a solution so that Vista users may play Dark Age of Camelot - any news regarding this will be posted on our website and we will do our best to solve the problems you are having

24. Roaken

Roaken Moderator Moderator

Hello,

Yes we did edit the standard response to advise players suffering with Vista - DAoC problem a little head's up regarding this. However once again i would like to point you to the Vista section of our Patch Notes:

"GAME CLIENT CHANGES FOR VISTA COMPATIBILITY

In order to make Dark Age of Camelot Vista compatible, all files that the game client generates are now written to a user directory. By default, each user on Vista is a Standard User and only has limited access control. A Standard User does not have permissions to write to common locations, such as the root directory of the game. Therefore, we have made a few changes to the way the game handles files it generates in order to make DAOC fully Vista compatible. The changes affect everyone, not just Vista users."

Full Patch notes can be found here: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/general-discussion18/220541-release-notes-1-88-a.html

25. Shadowss

Shadowss Banned

what does that mean? i dont understand Computer stuff ;(

26. - English -

ive read it and read it.... ive found the folders it states but i still dont get it..

27. leviathane

yes idd so whats tht mean in simpletons language

28. - English -

i cant understand how that vista change helps us to sort this out..

29. Leahc

Leahc Fledgling Freddie

Yeah, worked just fine on Vista before patch. Guess they dont have Vista at GoA office since they started the servers with such problems :twak:

Any workaround fix with Vista found yet?

/Leahc

30. AngelHeal

AngelHeal Part of the furniture

GM's ingame on temair have left several server messages that they are aware of the vista problem and are working on it.