Any ETA on servers today?

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
We're still waiting for news I'm afraid, but we're obviously well aware of the thongs of hungry gamers waiting for their new careers. We should have *real* news for you within half an hour.

Been playing mmo's since EQ1 right upto present mmo's, i've seen more server merges in mmo's than you've had hot dinners, it doesn't take 16 hours simply because its all pre-planned, they know (or should know) what to do the moment the servers go offline.

And yes, the extended time would be nice if it all goes perfectly and all problems are rectified when they go back up, 16 hours is extracting the bodily fluids tho. Its not giving off a good impression for trialists seeing servers down for this amount of time for such a simple and pre-planned task.
You should take cooking classes BloodOmen!

Well, whereas the result to the end-user is pretty similar, we're not actually merging servers, but rather moving the population. And, we're doing it en masse. We've been tweaking our tools throughout the day to speed up the transfer process with some success. Still, progress just isn't what we thought it would be. If need be, we'll just pull the plug and launch the servers with the new careers online.

Cheers,
Magnus

Salro

Fledgling Freddie
Will be an update in a little while guys.

Horribly sorry for the extended downtime.

hahaha.. great update.same old GOA eh,how long have you had to plan this?the yanks had it the day before us didn't you try to get some ideas of what to do?any idea when the EU forum will be up?any chance of fixing the realm war info?:flame:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
We're still waiting for news I'm afraid, but we're obviously well aware of the thongs of hungry gamers waiting for their new careers. We should have *real* news for you within half an hour.

You should take cooking classes BloodOmen!

Well, whereas the result to the end-user is pretty similar, we're not actually merging servers, but rather moving the population. And, we're doing it en masse. We've been tweaking our tools throughout the day to speed up the transfer process with some success. Still, progress just isn't what we thought it would be. If need be, we'll just pull the plug and launch the servers with the new careers online.

Cheers,
Magnus

But come on in 16 hours whats been done out of curiosity? no need to go into full detail if you don't want to.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I know it sucks guys but there's plenty of other things to do on a wednesday.

It's lovely weather in the UK too :)

Marc

FH is my second home
If I have learnt anything about GOA, always take their timescales with a pinch of salt. You can always add another couple of hours onto whatever time they have come up with.

Even Heathrow airport is more reliable when it comes to times.

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
Well not here in bristol, Rain with a follow up of more rain ;/

eksdee

FH is my second home
taking into account daoc as well - 8 years of dissapointments, poor excuses and bad customer service. it baffles me to think that there can't be a better alternative to goa out there.

MagnusGOA

But come on in 16 hours whats been done out of curiosity? no need to go into full detail if you don't want to.
Moving gazillions of characters?

Update: We should be going live within half an hour or so and we'll obviously be looking at ways to reimburse our players for this delay!

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
Football on soon anyway ;) .I wonder if we will get a free day from this debacle.... or as our french friends at GOA would say débâcle

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie

Update: We should be going live within half an hour or so and we'll obviously be looking at ways to reimburse our players for this delay!

Full Suit of Invader kit for my slayer, and i call it quits :)

Salro

Fledgling Freddie

last thing i want is free time if things go smooth when the server restarts tbh.It's good to moan at times it's a way to let off steam:)I just want to play not bothered about the new classes,i have had to talk to my husband allday ...nuff said.

Buzo

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldnt it have been clever to have waited with the server transfers untill after the maintenance ? i would fire the guy that came up with all the tings on the same day ;)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Wouldnt it have been clever to have waited with the server transfers untill after the maintenance ? i would fire the guy that came up with all the tings on the same day ;)

Because people would moan EVEN MORE if they were denied a few hours not playing WAR over two days.
They will re-imburse us a whole days play time for this, considering the maintenance started at 03:00 and ended at around the time people start getting back from work, thats pretty good going isn't it?

Thanks for the update Mangus. I mean, Magnus xD

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

woot !
working out at 10 pound a month and 12 hours down time (ish)

can i have my sixteen pence of subs refunded please

:p

P

Pollock

As someone who has just downloaded the newly available trial client then found that the game isn't available for so long, all I can say is, not a great first impression. That and no official forum for these discussions... are these guys trying to be taken seriously as an MMO company, or do they really not care this much? I'm hoping that the 10 days for my trial only starts after I actually manage to log in for the first time...
Could be worse though - my wife can't even get the patcher to start downloading the trial client, and so far no-one's answering the ticket she raised.

Skopti

Fledgling Freddie

How about free choppa jaws and slayer heads for all :drink:

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
My thong is certainly hungry, but then that's what happens when you get married!

Sorry...couldn't resist >.<

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Why ooh why does ppl complain so much , do as posted previous , go out if it has been sunny , watch some TV or play tetris if it has been rainy , or simply do as me , spend some time with your kids and play around with them a little. Give your wife/gf a BIG hug.....make love not " WAR " :wub:

Ps : if you dont have any kids to play with or even a wifey/gf....play with your self :p

NicGOA

Servers are available again.

We know many of you were eager to start playing your Slayer and Choppa and as way of apology for the delay in today's maintenance all active and trial accounts will receive one extra day of subscription.

Clicky

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH

We know many of you were eager to start playing your Slayer and Choppa and as way of apology for the delay in today's maintenance all active and trial accounts will receive one extra day of subscription.

Clicky
Very nicely done there Nic - that's the kind of thing that wins you big brownie points with the playerbase :)

Salro

Fledgling Freddie

Clicky

Why can't i login to Karak-Azgal?made a choppa lastnight played a few hours logged.Try to log in this morning but keeps crashing before char. select screen.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Why can't i login to Karak-Azgal?made a choppa lastnight played a few hours logged.Try to log in this morning but keeps crashing before char. select screen.

because the cap on new choppa's has been reached

Salro

Fledgling Freddie
because the cap on new choppa's has been reached
has nothing to do with it.i can log into any other server fine..can't even get to char.selection screen it just times out.Nothing at all to do with the amount of choppas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom