Announcement : Dun Dagda closed for renovations until July

A

Alrindel

Now that the privatisation of the relic keeps is complete, the new Dun Dagda Maintenance Corporation PLC is proud to announce their new plans to renovate and revitalize the venerable old Relic Keep and transform it into a modern, cutting-edge power token storage facility ready for the 21st century and beyond. Award-winning firbolg architect Ilikeyto Buildythings has delivered his design, and construction will begin immediately.

In this powerful reenvisionalignment of the old Dagda, all outer walls will be removed, symbolizing the breaking down of barriers and the building of new friendship and cooperation between all the races of the three realms.

http://silent-death.net/images/misc_dagda_redesign4.jpg

Only the ramparts and stair structures will be left in place along with a light framework of support pillars, to convert the former battlements into a new commercial mezzanine level, with shop space available for lease beginning this summer. Starbucks, WH Smith and McDonald's have already reserved choice locations.

http://silent-death.net/images/misc_dagda_redesign5.jpg

The gate structure will be left intact as a monument to the legendary battles fought there, and the upper gatehouse will be converted into a commemorative museum/gallery space (with attached gift shop).

The centrepiece of the new design will be the raising of the new upper levels, to be known as the Edifice of Hibernian Peace and Love. Constructed from the materials recovered from the disassembly of the outer walls, the pyramid will be composed of a series of overlapping triangular planes, evocative of both the Sydney Opera House and the Louvre Pyramid.

http://silent-death.net/images/misc_dagda_redesign1.jpg
http://silent-death.net/images/misc_dagda_redesign2.jpg
http://silent-death.net/images/misc_dagda_redesign3.jpg

The four corners of the new pyramid will be known as the temples of Peace, Love, Tree Hugging, and Pie respectively. And even though the defensive walls will have been torn down, top Albion and Midgard leaders have formally agreed to continue as if they were still in place, using battering rams on the main gates, so none of the thrills and excitement of raiding will be lost. New gallery seating will be installed from which spectators can sit and enjoy the stunning spectacle of a full-scale relic raid (programe to be announced) for only 10s per person, 5s for lurikeens. Special night-time illumination will be installed during Midgard attacks so that none of the exciting battle action will be missed in even the darkest 5 A.M. gloom.

The renovations will begin immediately and should continue through until early summer. During the construction work, any power relics in Hibernia's possession will be removed by security professionals to a top secret temporary storage location at 60,20 in Mount Collory.

O

old.Aragone

haha

rofl give a kebab shop to !!! and we also need female troll strippers at the raides.

E

err0r

If I'm that bored, I usually just wank :|

G

Gekul

Special night-time illumination will be installed during Midgard attacks so that none of the exciting battle action will be missed in even the darkest 5 A.M. gloom.

:eek:

A

Arnor

Originally posted by err0r
If I'm that bored, I usually just wank :|

lol, SO true :D

:ROFLMAO: @ alrindel

Nice post ;)

But you should try to get Bloody-Stupid Johnson as an architect, hes the "best" there is ;)

B

Belomar

Hah! You forgot to remove your silly helm here, you vain Elph. ;)
New gallery seating will be installed from which spectators can sit and enjoy the stunning spectacle of a full-scale relic raid (programe to be announced) for only 10s per person, 5s for lurikeens.
Yeah, I bet the programme will be announced in before-hand, but courtesy of which cross-realm spy this time? :p

Anyway, well done! Classic! :ROFLMAO:

A

Alrindel

Re: Re: Announcement : Dun Dagda closed for renovations until July

Originally posted by Belomar
Hah! You forgot to remove your silly helm here, you vain Elph.
I've been attacked that close to Dagda before by infilblades camping crafters. I don't take off teh safety helmet until i'm out of elf-head-bashing range.

A

Aeiedil

only 5s for luris :D bargin :D

do i get free pie? :)

K

Kagato.

Another fine thread by the comedy-elf, nice one :ROFLMAO:

But you should try to get Bloody-Stupid Johnson as an architect, hes the "best" there is

To many Pratchett readers around here.

Special night-time illumination will be installed during Midgard attacks so that none of the exciting battle action will be missed in even the darkest 5 A.M. gloom.

:clap: :clap:

Thanks for the laughs.

G

ghaladriel

LOL :p

Ghaladriel lvl 50 Alerion Knight [First Cohort]

Tunda lvl 24 Guardian [Alamut]

Q

quinthar

The scary thing is, he could walk through walls too....if it was the same problem as I had.

The bad news was that a restart didnt fix mine..

I had the same problem the other day, no walls, had some really funny duels too :) even saw some snow in Gwyntell..

LOS was not a problem, I was able to drop a few bolts into unsuspecting victims, the hardest bit was tryign to figure out where the walls were, all I could see was some merchs and houses.

Does raise a few concerns about client gfx code that I have now raised with goa, this was clearly a client side problem for me, a full reinstall of SI fixed the problem.

A

Alrindel

No, I couldn't walk through walls. It was purely a display glitch - all the collision detection was working fine, and although I could see through the outer walls as well as the doors to the secret room in the gatehouse, I could not pass through them or target anything on the other side.

However, I have read that environment collision detection is client-side in DAoC, and I have heard that some cheaters have edited their zone files to remove keep walls and milegates so they can pass (and shoot) right through them. People who do this tend to get caught and banned very fast, since it's not hard to spot people who are exploiting like that, and it shows up like a sore thumb in the server logs.

T

Trinilim

I don't suppose anyone knows what's actually in that secret room? There's a lever in there.. could it be to open the relic doors?

E

Eblessair

Glad pie got a mention in there somewhere ;P

\o/ for gfx bugs

E

Eblessair

Originally posted by Trinilim
I don't suppose anyone knows what's actually in that secret room? There's a lever in there.. could it be to open the relic doors?

I belive mythic posted it is where the 'dead horses' are kept, although I have a feeling that it may be a backup pie supply instead.

Users who are viewing this thread