Angel - 5 Eps to go...

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
Jonny_Darko said:
I couldn't disagree more. I've heard so many people over the years say he can't act and that Angel is easy because "all he does is brood" and it's a one note performance. But as Angel he's had the chance to be everything - romantic lead, action guy, comedy guy (ffs - that dance from season one is genius), dark avenger, OTT panto villain and loads more.

He'd be brilliant in a sitcom. He's getting a little old and chubby to go for the "cool guy" roles now and I think his main problem is his unique look - he *is* Angel and it would be hard to get away from that (though Angel is nothing in terms of worldwide popularity). If he can't work it wouldn't be for lack of talent.

I believe he's replacing Luke Perry in When Harry Met Sally actually.

He was awesome as a puppet!!!!!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
He has done all of that in Angel, I just don't think he did it tremendously well. And that Irish accent.. dear God :\

Don't get me wrong, if I thought he was *that* bad I wouldn't watch the show. I just think he's pretty damned mediocre. It's the witty writing that kept me watching through the years. Although, as I've said before, season 3 and 4 bored me quite a bit.

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
Sissyfoo said:
Watched it and ... er, quite liked it tbh. Was a good way for them to go out, I think. Was a shame that Wesley died; he was probably one of my favorite chars...but then, I guess they all 'died' in the end so I doubt it really matters. I prefered it to the ending in Buffy however.

Jonny_Darko said:
I thought that at first. It was quite a happy ending for him in retrospect though.

Definately agree with you there Jonny, you could see his unrest clearly in season 5, so they gave him what he really wanted, to be with Fred.

In general though, I do have to agree with the common feeling of lack of emotional catharsis after the finale, definately feels still somewhat unfinished, perhaps a mini-series or theatrical release would work, but then again I can't quite see how they could make that a 'stand alone' release, which it would need to be to make it really work. Ah well, fuckin' WB for making Joss rush it all tbh!

Durzel

Loyal Freddie
Jarakin said:
Definately agree with you there Jonny, you could see his unrest clearly in season 5, so they gave him what he really wanted, to be with Fred.

In general though, I do have to agree with the common feeling of lack of emotional catharsis after the finale, definately feels still somewhat unfinished, perhaps a mini-series or theatrical release would work, but then again I can't quite see how they could make that a 'stand alone' release, which it would need to be to make it really work. Ah well, fuckin' WB for making Joss rush it all tbh!
Noticed a continuity error during that whole death scene - when Illyria changed into Fred she was cradling Wesley's head with her left arm, which remained blue despite the fact she was by then caressing his face with her right Fred-like hand. A shot later and her left arm was pink.

Guess you could explain it away as a partial transformation - but Im more inclined to believe it was an accident. Still, its good that Wesley died - I didn't dislike him, but someone needed to die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom