Angel - 5 Eps to go...

Aada

Part of the furniture
Oh well thats the DVD finished im peeved off now :( that dvd gets 6/5 for me soo bloody good. :(

'When ya can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl well you know the rest' :(

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Well I've still managed to avoid looking at spoilers, with only two eps to go as well! \o/

Anyone seen 5x20: The Girl In Question yet?

Thought it was a funny ep which tied up the Buffy thing nicely...was never a shipper so I couldn't care less who did or didn't get together...laughed out loud so many times, especially at the designer jacket Angel was given which made him look like a power ranger.

Pissed myself so much at the "ciao ciao ciao" moment, which must be the writers going "Hey! We love Spaced!"

Isn't IllyFred freaky?

I remember thinking this last year with Buffy but it looks like with only two eps left that they don't have time to build to something major now...should be interesting at least.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I remember thinking this last year with Buffy but it looks like with only two eps left that they don't have time to build to something major now...should be interesting at least.
Having watched last night's it looks like they might just pull this out of the bag. Have everyone go down fighting seems like a fitting way to end the series. I wasn't quite sure if the new senior partner advisor could see through the glamour though.

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
5 eps to goo? pff, 1 ep for me and i live in UK.

sorry i didnt post this before but if u guys want ALL Buffy episodes, ALL angel Episodes, and ALL Tru Calling Episodes, visit this site

www.buffy.nu .

they have all episodes 1 day max after release in the USA.

next wensday, last episode of angel :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Hate to tell you this, but this thread originated when there WERE five eps to go, in america. Everyone on this thread gets their episodes just as soon as you do, bucko! (If not sooner)

Aada

Part of the furniture
season 5 has sucked anyway imo there has only been a handful of good episodes.

reason season 5 sucked? because its just too rushed the WB did'nt tell Joss until like 7 eps before the end? no way u can wrap up characters in that time.

even half a season would do it justice

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
For some odd reason I get the idea that the WB cancelled Angel as a big 'Fuck you' to Joss, don't ask me why, it just feels that way.

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:
Hate to tell you this, but this thread originated when there WERE five eps to go, in america. Everyone on this thread gets their episodes just as soon as you do, bucko! (If not sooner)

my bad :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Joss does'nt really care about Angel, hes happy doing the Serenity movie

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Whipped said:
Having watched last night's it looks like they might just pull this out of the bag. Have everyone go down fighting seems like a fitting way to end the series. I wasn't quite sure if the new senior partner advisor could see through the glamour though.

Yeah me neither. Something that also wasn't clear was the fate of Illyria - is she dead? Hamilton's rather scary ain't he?

Crash Bandicoot!

One thing I don't like was how all these guys we've met all season turn out to be the ones with the power (memory-boy, the devil dude, that Lord blue guy whatever his name was). They're all a bit rubbish - it worked for this year because of the lawfirm setting but if next week is about "killing every single member of the black thorn" (did Angel mean himself too?) then I can't see what the fuss is about - would probably take about two minutes. I sincerely hope there's something worse!

I have no doubt it will deliver next week though tbh.

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
Joss does'nt really care about Angel, hes happy doing the Serenity movie

That's a daft thing to say. Joss re-wrote Jeff Bell's script for the final episode, despite the fact that he was writing X-Men comics and prepping Serenity for shooting at the time. I was worried for a while as Bell hasn't exactly been responsible for any classics...

Course he cares about it, anyway, even if he didn't he's only one small part of a great team of writers that could keep the show going strong without his involvement.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yes but in recent interviews the genuine feeling that i get from him is that hes been doing Buffy/Angel for 8 years? hes had enough of it, and i think hes happy to move on..

Even David Boreanaz has said hes happy the show has come to an end and well to be honest now ive got past all the 'im pissed off its ending' mood im actually kinda glad its ending.

What im not happy about is the ending its too open ended, and these TV movies are just rumours even Joss has said that.

Heres to new things and old, i recently watch the first season of Dark Angel that was pretty decent and fox gave no reason as to why they canceled it, the ratings were pretty decent even for a friday night in the USA. Friday being the death scentence for any tv show as most of the target audience in the USA is out getting pissed.

Season 1 of Dark Angel was on tuesdays i think and had top ratings.. why they moved it to friday is beyond me.

You know what really annoys me? us none USA folk can't make a difference when it comes to the cancelation of programs the ratings we get for programs from the USA dont mean jack its all about them.

Oh well guess im gonna have to start building up my DVD collection lets see what i need

Dark Angel season 2
Roswell, heard that show is very good so will try that one.
Alias, also heard great things about this show.

Hm thats about it lol :( tv has just gone to pot this year might aswell cancel my sky subs as theres fuck all worth watching. :puke:

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Oh My. Oh My Oh My Oh My.

Watching it tonight. Almost don't want to now. If I don't watch it does that mean it will never end? Can I delude myself into thinking it ended happily? :)

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
GRRR!! Why is it that when I leave a HUGE post-it note on my compute saying "DON'T SWITCH OFF COMPUTER!" some ARSEHOLE switches it off?! Now I have to wait fucking ages before I can see the last episode! Someone will DIE for this! :eek:

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
I feel strangely numb.

What was great:
William The Bloody - Poet! (And Hard Boiled Baby rescuing guy.) Hamilton - generally. The sorcerer mistaking a hell-god's wrath for the tears of a little girl. Errr, Hamilton. Lorne taking out Lindsey. "Did that hurt at all?" Also, hate to say it, but Conner.

What wasn't great:

Just wasn't as good as it could have been - much like the Buffy finale. Great but not the best episode of the show by some margin.

I still wasn't convinced by the power of the black thorn. It was nothing like going up against Jasmine or the beast, and I still hate that latter-day Buffy / Angel thing of the worst dregs of hell being all pleasant when they're together - enjoying the sacrifice of seven young virgins while sipping the blood of babies, talking about their tennis game while some classical music plays in the background. It just would have been nice if they were actually scary - at all - and if their ceremonies were truly hellish. I get the joke, but, no.

On the same front the whole "they will reign down on us with everything they've got" looked a little lame too. Where's the threat of real hell that Angel warned them of? It was just some muppets and bad CGI in an alley.

TBH - A lot of this is probably down to the fact that the budget was cut to shreds for Season 5. They blew all the money on the Hamilton stuff which was worth it.

The ending is weird. I think a lot of people will hate it, and I did at first but it seems kinda fitting. Keep fighting.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Very dissapointed. How can they end with a cliffhanger.

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think it's meant to be a cliffhanger exactly. What happens next doesn't matter and will probably never revealed. The point is there is no end to it. Even if they won it's not going to turn into Teletubby land. The evil will keep coming and they'll keep fighting. Part of this is me trying to convince myself I like the ending more than I do, I know :) I do understand it though so that's something. Buffy and Angel never gave viewers what they wanted.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I pretty much agree you, Jonny. I did feel a little miffed that it ended with the keep on fighting.. I mean I get the concept n all, but it was a little unfulfilling. The bit with Lorn really did it for me, and I kinda felt for poor ole Lindsay. Anyhoo, 's over now.

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Would've been nice to get a few details on what the Apocalypse actually was.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Just watched it!

Haven't you guys heard that they are probably doing a mini-series or tv-movie to conclude?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
My housemate did mention that there may be a movie or something and that's why they didn't conclude it. I guess that's possible, still would have been nice for it to have concluded as well as buffy did. I found that ending pretty satisfying.

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Nah that was something that the WB said just to placate the fans. Boreanaz said he's ready to move on and isn't interested unless it's a theatrical release, and Whedon doesn't have time. It's still always a possibility - but the WB don't actually have any plans to do it - I don't think it will ever be concluded.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Watched it and ... er, quite liked it tbh. Was a good way for them to go out, I think. Was a shame that Wesley died; he was probably one of my favorite chars...but then, I guess they all 'died' in the end so I doubt it really matters. I prefered it to the ending in Buffy however.

The one thing that REALLY pissed me off no end was at the very end of the show when there was a message from the WB saying something like, "Thanks for being with us from the beginning of the show until the end, 5 years later. We thank you for watching, your friends at the WB!

MY FRIENDS?! RAAAARGH!!! :eek:

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Sissyfoo said:
Was a good way for them to go out, I think. Was a shame that Wesley died;

I thought that at first. It was quite a happy ending for him in retrospect though.

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Excellent news. Joss Whedon has revealed that there are initial discussions going on about a future Buffyverse-related show at some point on HBO.

Which means, essentially, big budget, violence/gore and plenty of swearing. :)

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
Sissyfoo said:
The one thing that REALLY pissed me off no end was at the very end of the show when there was a message from the WB saying something like, "Thanks for being with us from the beginning of the show until the end, 5 years later. We thank you for watching, your friends at the WB!

MY FRIENDS?! RAAAARGH!!! :eek:

I know exactly the way you feel there, made me think Fuck You, WB!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Nice. I really think David Boreanez is full of shit when he says he's happy it's ended. He's not gunna get anything new, cos quite frankly he's a bit of a talentless dork. He'll come back to Joss when he's worked out he can't get a job anywhere else :D

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
Jonny_Darko said:
Excellent news. Joss Whedon has revealed that there are initial discussions going on about a future Buffyverse-related show at some point on HBO.

Which means, essentially, big budget, violence/gore and plenty of swearing. :)

I certainly would like to see more from the buffyverse in the future, and tbh i'm really hoping that they'll make a show or a movie or something out of Joss's comic series, Fray. That would rock. Give us more, Joss!

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
I couldn't disagree more. I've heard so many people over the years say he can't act and that Angel is easy because "all he does is brood" and it's a one note performance. But as Angel he's had the chance to be everything - romantic lead, action guy, comedy guy (ffs - that dance from season one is genius), dark avenger, OTT panto villain and loads more.

He'd be brilliant in a sitcom. He's getting a little old and chubby to go for the "cool guy" roles now and I think his main problem is his unique look - he *is* Angel and it would be hard to get away from that (though Angel is nothing in terms of worldwide popularity). If he can't work it wouldn't be for lack of talent.

I believe he's replacing Luke Perry in When Harry Met Sally actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom