Andy Murray...finally

Chilly

Balls of steel
i beg to differ you dont know what i do .. just cause it doesnt attract celebraty appeal i would argue i am
yeah but you're not #2 and heading for #1 in the next year. On the planet.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You should know that you aren't allowed to dislike any celebrities or sportsman.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I am the chief burger flipper in my local Mcdonalds, proud of it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
BOrC6HVCUAAKGsZ.jpg:large

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Job got Andy Murray tattooed on his face? Sheesh.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Knighthoods should be for a spectacular career, not just a kneejerk reaction to winning something. It annoys me on the same level as somebody releasing an autobiography when they're 20-something. It should be a reflection of a life, not just somebody who is doing well right now and wants to cash in (although there are probably exceptions).

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
In ancient times knighthoods were won by either being born or doing one thing spectacular on the battlefield. Like saving the life of a king or capturing the enemy flag. If I translate battlefield to a tennis court then it would be kind of similar.
Don't get me wrong I think tennis is boring as hell to watch and really couldn't care if he gets one or not. But isn't he the first Brit to win it in 77 years? It sounds to me like he already has a spectacular career even if it's not done yet. At least better then a civil servant who done 50 years and got a knighthood as he was high up.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
When Andy Murray defeated Novak Djokovic to lift the Wimbledon trophy the British media went into Murray Mania as they hailed the new champion. The World No2 was heralded as the first Brit in 77-years to win Wimbledon.

Virginia Wade's triumph in 1977 was forgotten by large sections of the British media. Wade during her career won three Grand Slam singles championships-US Open 1968, Australian Open 1972, Wimbledon 1977 and four Grand Slam doubles championships. She never managed to win the French open but is the only British woman in history to have won titles at all four Grand Slam tournaments.

Wade won her last title i.e. Wimbledon in 1977 and until Andy Murray won the US Open in 2012 she was the last Brit to have won a Grand Slam. After she retired she coached for sometime and then started her tennis commentator career.

My mum was telling me earlier at how some people think the murray mania is sexist since he was the first MALE brit to win Wimbledon in 77 years :p

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Womens tennis is shit. It's sexist that they get paid the same amount as the men for doing half the work. Tell her that.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
aye should be first to 5 sets like the men then we could be doubley bored

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
My mum was telling me earlier at how some people think the murray mania is sexist since he was the first MALE brit to win Wimbledon in 77 years :p
I think David Cameron said it too didn't he? "The first Brit to win in 77 years." Certainly a Tory did, because I saw on Sky News that there was some female Labour member complaining about William Hague muttering in PMQ's that somebody was a "stupid woman" and she was like "AND THERE'S ANOTHER SEXIST THING THE TORIES DID!!1".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom