Andy Murray...finally

russell

FH is my second home
what a final...77 years since we last won. Man did he play well. Awesome dudes.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Zzzzzzzzzzz. Glad Wimbledon is over for another year.

The miserable scot can revel in his Scottishness again.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Delighted for him!

Followed him with interest since he broke on to the tour, and I always thought he had the game to challenge for majors. Here's hoping he pushes on to become the World Number 1.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
One can only imagine the smugness when he does become number 1.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He'll still be a boring bastard in interviews though, that's never going to change. And I *still* don't think I've seen Lendl smile...

Calaen

One can only imagine the smugness when he does become number 1.

Who cares though, he's worked his arse off in an era when no one can deny he's had to be the best to win these tournaments. He's playing in a very tough era of Tennis and he's proved he's worthy of his wins. He can be as smug as he likes, so many doubted him!

Calaen

He'll still be a boring bastard in interviews though, that's never going to change. And I *still* don't think I've seen Lendl smile...

Lendl smiled today :p

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
it's great for him to win, I wonder if he can get a career grand slam now.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I watched the semi final which was good, but didn't get the chance to see the final :( Oh well, at least we can let him carry on being British now instead of having to go back to being Scottish.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Awesome job Murray. I was there when he won the US Open, glad to see he added another scalp.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
QLykl5U.jpg

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Gerard Butler looks like an awesome human being. He did a really good AMA on reddit a while back, and made a video thanking reddit for said AMA afterwards and today, he had a different facial expression every time the camera looked at him.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It was a great final and Wimbledon was very good this year some early upsets. Not usually a tennis lover but I did enjoy watching it from start to finish this year.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Delighted for him, what a win.

Also, there really are some miserable bastards on this forum.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Absolutely chuffed to bits for him. Well deserved. Superb to see the title go to a Brit. A great day for sport. Now pull your finger out and marry that good-looking bird of yours. No doubt a knighthood will be in the pipeline.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Disliked purely because I hadn't thought of the possibility of him being knighted. Hoy won something and was auto-knighted so it has to be on the cards. :\

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Aye. I take your point. Knighthoods these days are given out to anyone for anything.
You walked to the shops and bought a paper? Have an OBE

40 years ago, getting a knighthood was a real honour. Nowadays, they're given out like candy and aren't worth the paper they're written on.

And please don't name him Sports Personality of the Year. As much as I admire and celebrate his skills on the court, he's got the personality of a tax-return form.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I wonder if Cliff had a celebratory wank.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And please don't name him Sports Personality of the Year. As much as I admire and celebrate his skills on the court, he's got the personality of a tax-return form.
He was nominated for it last year! They might as well call it the sporting achievement award or something because that's basically all it is. It's not linked to their personality in the slightest, otherwise Murray would've come dead last.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
He's a bit wooden in interviews but a lot of that is focus. No one moans when footballers are boring.

Everz

FH is my second home
Quality stuff, watched it in the sun and it went down a treat. Well deserved, some of the tennis was sublime!

eksdee

FH is my second home
Why anyone at all cares about what sports people's personalities are like baffles me, if I was expected to be hugely entertaining to be considered good at my job I'd be unemployed. Personally couldn't care two hoots about tennis, but watched the final while doing other things today and was happy for him as he was obviously totally made up.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Was in my local Kebab shop getting dinner eailer. Watched the last game while it was being cooked. Good stuff.

russell

FH is my second home
Yes I heard its going to The Royal Marsden hospital?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom