Anders Brevik had a point...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
There certainly is the destruction of the ethnic makeup of the UK going on.

White British down from 87% to 80% in just ten years.

I think that's an absolutely staggering statistic tbfh.

That's 400,000 "white, British" people in ten years. I'd guess that's 75% emigration, 25% low birth rate. Currently about 130-140K British citizens emigrate per year. I wouldn't call it a "destruction" of the ethnic make-up of the UK, I'd call it an expected trend.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Some good news regarding religions though. I also wonder how many people put a religion down because they thought that is what they are, despite not practising it.

Everz

FH is my second home
Not exactly surprising is it?

More White Brits leave and more come in. Hardly shocking. A noticeable change in Cheltenham over the past few years, which is not a bad thing at all.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
And here in Wales the proportion of "white british" is given as 96%.
So we're either inherently xenophobic/racist, or Wales just isn't interesting enough to attract people from other places.

You decide. :)

Himse

FH is my second home
Very charged choice of words there - next you'll be on about rivers of blood...

I dont think I particularly care tbh - I tend to find that immigrants are generally better than most of our own populace.

At least they bother/try to work generally, unlike some of the lazy scum about.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Welfare state here in Denmark is much more generous than the UK, but there are many fewer layabouts. Probably because the unions still have power so low paid employees don't really exist. SO FUCK OFF PEDALING YOUR TORY BULLSHIT ROUND HERE.

Thanks.

rynnor

Rockhound
Welfare state here in Denmark is much more generous than the UK, but there are many fewer layabouts. Probably because the unions still have power so low paid employees don't really exist. SO FUCK OFF PEDALING YOUR TORY BULLSHIT ROUND HERE.

Thanks.

Denmark and the UK are completely different so not a useful comparison - if you have something useful to say on the UK please share?

I see a rich country that sucks in immigrants because there are many jobs available here - the fact that we simultaneously have millions on welfare seems odd to me?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Many low paid jobs that brits refuse to do because they think they're automatically entitled to something more? I get that the jobs remain low paid because immigrants will come in and do them so cheap, but there is no incentive for British people to do them. That isn't Labours fault. Minimum wage here is almost twice what it is in the UK so people will do the jobs.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am not sure it is a Tory opinion. There are far too many layabouts who are institutionally lazy, that have never worked a day in their lives. Why should they? They ghosted through an education system that didn't really care about them but just told them that whatever they wanted they could have. If they struggled with the usual maths and English, rather than getting pointed into a more suitable line of work (metal work, wood work etc) they were just dumped into a bottom feeder class of other disinterested kids and left to get on with it until they were old enough for the dole queue.

After a year, welfare should be a contribution to utility bills being paid and restricted food vouchers, no booze, no fags. Just food. Fuck cuddles and choice. If you don't work and don't want to find work then you shouldn't expect a decent standard of living, there are better things to spend my tax money on, Shaz and Darren's trip to the offy is not one of them.

There are plenty of jobs out there that, the Poles seem to be doing just fine. It's just a shame that we can't do a swap, Poland can have our lazy and we can have their hard working people. The Poles and co wouldn't come to the UK if there wasn't any work for them.

rynnor

Rockhound
Many low paid jobs that brits refuse to do because they think they're automatically entitled to something more? I get that the jobs remain low paid because immigrants will come in and do them so cheap, but there is no incentive for British people to do them. That isn't Labours fault. Minimum wage here is almost twice what it is in the UK so people will do the jobs.

Labour never did anything real to get people into jobs - they just worked out that the jobless vote was easy to capture by just giving them more money - its in their interest to continue this state of dependance.

Himse

FH is my second home

Not what I meant, plus, the incentive to do a job is to live? Not think, oh fuck it, I can get 20k/y for doing sweet FA so why bother to work hard, if at all?

PS, I know it's DM, but http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nds-2-000-Christmas-20-presents-children.html this seems to have caused quite a stir on the website lol.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
She gets more money that my wife. My wife works 5.5 days a week with special needs kids and people like the women in the story, "disadvantaged families" and is exceptional at her job...after 3 years of higher education to get it.

Pretty fucking disgusting if true.

Thankfully she is working towards being a teacher so she can at least get paid a decent wage.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It doesnt shock me. It's what I expect. But gold help me if I try to complain about it.

More and more people coming into this country, meanwhile lots of the people who can afford it leave, and so the Jeremy Kyle folks remain.

And the newcomers get all the benefits of our social security system, despite not having contributed to it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The thing is, a lot of them do contribute to it. Far more than some scumbag who hasn't had a job in his life.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I wish it would stop, but I suspect it can't now.

I do agree with your sentiments Raven, but as I said on Facebook only yesterday, you can tell there's a recession when you get served by white British people in Subway :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Many low paid jobs that brits refuse to do because they think they're automatically entitled to something more?

Its actually a lot more widespread than just the low end jobs and tbh I am part of an apprenticeship program taking kids from 16-18 and allowing them to study for a degree while getting paid and getting expenses too.

Even though we filtered them through many interviews etc. we still get some that gave up because they couldnt be bothered to be paid and given study time to learn lol. The majority that are left still dont seem to realise they are being given a great opportunity - its quite sickening tbh.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Part of the problem is that at 16-18 people are expected to figure out the rest of their life, their career and told non-stop that it's doooom if you don't, when half of the lot don't even know -who- they are.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Welfare state here in Denmark is much more generous than the UK, but there are many fewer layabouts. Probably because the unions still have power so low paid employees don't really exist

This.

Imagine having to drag yourself out of bed for minimum wage. I'd rather be on the dole.

Except, the dole is so low in the UK I've not even bothered claiming it for the past year. It's not worth dragging myself into the dole office to hang around with the skanks for 15 minutes.

If people got paid a fair days pay for a fair days work then they might be inclined to work harder. But they don't. Immigrants do because they send half their money to somewhere it buys you shit.

I've got a lot of indian mates who are buying huge swathes of Kerala up with their British wages and as soon as they're done here they'll fuck off back to india and live like kings.

That's motivation for ya...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Very charged choice of words there - next you'll be on about rivers of blood...

Rubbish.

When a population demographic changes that much in just ten years then it's an accurate description, that's all.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Imagine having to drag yourself out of bed for minimum wage. I'd rather be on the dole.

For 6 months i dragged myself out of bed for mere 20€ more/month two years back(sort of kind of internship to get my foot in a door), it's all about how lazy(or politely "inspired") you are.

Himse

FH is my second home

Ladies and Gents, there we have it. Half the reason we're all in the shit.

People cba to drag themselves out of bed for minimum wage/any money because its 'degrading' or 'not worth it'.

How degrading is it to go up to somebody and tell them you do nothing for a living? (Not saying you btw Scouse) just people in general.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
What do you do for a living Himse? Last chef job i had in England was £6.50 an hour... couldn't even buy a packet of fags with that. Denmark i'm paid £16 an hour to exactly the same job. I wouldn't go back to earning £6.50 an hour. Its peanuts. Why would you bother working?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ladies and Gents, there we have it. Half the reason we're all in the shit.

Read the rest of my post Himse rather than quote the bit of it that supports your argument - the whole post actually refutes yours - and gives a reason why.

Minimum wage in this country is derisory, insulting and akin to slave labour.

The dole is derisory and insulting and, aside from what the Daily Mail would have you believe, is exactly the same level it was last time I was on it - when I left university SIXTEEN YEARS ago.

Last edited:

rynnor

Rockhound
Welfare state here in Denmark is much more generous than the UK, but there are many fewer layabouts. Probably because the unions still have power so low paid employees don't really exist.Thanks.

I looked into this and it seems they dont let people sit on the dole for years - they expect you to train and if they feel you arent trying they stop your dole - something that rarely happens in the UK where after a certain amount of hassle they just give up and let you claim for decades. Thats a pretty big difference.

They also didnt let hundreds of thousands of healthy people sign up for disability allowances in mining towns just to massage unemployment figures - there are lots of terrible legacies in our current figures.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I looked into this and it seems they dont let people sit on the dole for years - they expect you to train and if they feel you arent trying they stop your dole - something that rarely happens in the UK where after a certain amount of hassle they just give up and let you claim for decades. Thats a pretty big difference.

They also didnt let hundreds of thousands of healthy people sign up for disability allowances in mining towns just to massage unemployment figures - there are lots of terrible legacies in our current figures.

I think the welfare system here is very generous to you if you have been generous to the country. Taxes are higher here, but if you have paid yours then you reap the benefit if you are out of work. Perhaps they are more harsh to layabouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom