An Idea!

O

old.lsleodavinci

I might know a server provider for the tournament

Hi,

It sounds like a great idea, know i have another one for U....

I might know a serverprovider who might be interested in hosting this tournament and provide some servers.... you can find me fridays. saterdays and sundays in lost soulz irc channel at quakent #lostsoulz or email me lsleodavinci@barrysworld.com

Take care

Vincent

W

watcher

Originally posted by Rabbit
First of all, this has got nothing to do with BWEFL or BW.

However we could and we most likely will change some things next season. I don't know exactly what, but I am thinking personaly about a combination of a knock out system with playoffs.

Hmmmmmmm ^ deja vous me thinks

I cant see why BW has a problem with this(you obviousley do)
The reason we are doing this is for fun to bring the EF community together.I wouldnt mind losing to CCC 1000-0 if i had a good laff and i know most people who play EF would agree with me.We play games for FUN!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

W

watcher

THX ALOT leodavinci im sure Nap will be be in touch ASAP:D :clap:

THX again m8

:clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.[LS]Speedy

(Moderated by: The Nullifier )
(Users Browsing this Forum: [LS]Speedy , lsleodavinci )

ga toch lere man :clap:

O

old.Napalm

First of all, this has got nothing to do with BWEFL or BW until they provide the servers.

Didn't ask them for anything, and this isn't a BW tourni, thats seperate, but the EF community needs some more things going on right now.

However I don't think clans will like the knock out

Let them decide, if they don't want this they don't have to enter.

Don't b such kill-joys, isn't their enough room in the EF community for other tournaments? I think the BWEFL is great, but this is only something else for us sad lonely gamers to do lol.

I'd b the first to promote BW's league, and I was the first to sign up for it (been in 3 clans during its duration!).

LET THE PEOPLE SPEAK (in a big godlike voice)

Nap

O

old.Napalm

Re: I might know a server provider for the tournament

Originally posted by lsleodavinci
I might know a serverprovider who might be interested in hosting this tournament and provide some servers

Cheers m8, email u now :)

Nap

O

old.Napalm

Originally posted by WATCHER
I wouldnt mind losing to CCC 1000-0 if i had a good laff and i know most people who play EF would agree with me.We play games for FUN!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Again m8, thats exactly what this is all about. So many clans have nothing going on, or fancy something different. This is exactly why this thing has been thought up.

If the gamers don't want it, they don't have to bother, but I know many who do want this, and i've had a great response so far.

This will not effect the BWEFL in any ways (trying to fit it around the BWEFL to b exact), infact it might breathe some life back into the dying EF community.

This isn't about splitting clans between tournaments, its about bringing people back to EF and having a ****ing good laugh!

O

old.[LS]Speedy

@ Napalm, if u quote then quote all and not a part, it is crap and give something a whole different meaning.................

O

old.Rabbit

Exactly Speedy, same for Watcher, only he even adds stuff to it, as far as I know there is still a slight difference between :
watchers quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First of all, this has got nothing to do with BWEFL or BW.

my original message :
First of all, this has got nothing to do with BWEFL or BW until they provide the servers.

Watcher: Whith what should I have a problem? I can not find anything in my original message that would give you that impression, only the way you quote me (wrong) makes it look like it. all seem to think that I am against this idea. Although I think it's a good idea actualy. I like any new ideas/initiatives about EF.
Napalm, you shouldn't quote me either if you don't do it right, I was talking about the bwefl in that part of my mesage, I used it as an example to state my opinion about bwefl, not your tournament.

Now, if people are talking about BW servers and I haven't even heard anything of it from anyone I have to response, seems obvious right? I only wanted to clear things up, so there isn't any confusion , if bwefl would be involved I would appreciate it if I knew before people start talking things. I am no kill-joy, in fact I think my clan would be interested in signing up too.

Good luck with the tournament guys,

Rabbit [headadmin BWEFL]

O

old.Napalm

That's fair enough, I admit I did jump in a bit blindly there.

Sorry :rolleyes:

All I meant was that someone had earlier offered us some BW servers, then someone else commented that we we wouldn't be allowed to use them. I just wanted to make it clear that wasn't my intention or to effect the BWEFL.

Speedy I did full quote (or as much was needed). The server quote is about BW allocating servers, which I didn't ask for, so thats not an issue here. As for the 2nd quote, isnt it better to let the gamers decide what they want? I suggested a combined knockout and league system but that wasn't 2 popular, and BW does the league so this is going to b different.

Anyway, sorry for my reaction ;) Also good look with BWEFL2

W

watcher

Ok my reaction was a bit harsh but no one has ask BW for servers we are still at the planning stage the last thing i want is a bitching match with anyone it puts both sides in a bad light lets all just get along :D

M

mr.Blacky

good people listen to me hehe

Ok second attempt first time no respons :mad:
Ok I like the idea.
Servers: if you want an all inclusive knock out tournament this has to include the german clans, which dont like to fight on a bwserver because of ping probs. Some clans have their own server so perhaps they can lend their server for a match or 2 (or more hehe). If I look at my ping with most clanservers I cant see a big prob but me very lucky :clap: Also if a german has to fight an uk based clan and their are ping probs perhaps one map on a german server and one on an uk server dont know what to do for the third map though (any suggestions?)
Second how about letting the "weaker" clans fight each other in the first 2/3 rounds and then add the "stronger" clans, caus I agree with that it would be no fun to have dad or tfd (no insult mented m8s) vs ccc or wrld it would be one sided and there for no fun (I think) for both sides.
Another thing keep things to the point here people, chitchat on another thread people please.

O

old.Napalm

Server situation is possibly sorted, might have a good solution for everyone. Nothing is confirmed yet tho so I won't say anymore until I know more.

Yeah issue of clan organisation is a problem, but if and when the servers r confirmed we can hold some sign ups, c who is involved, then work out the fairest but best tournament for everyone.

Someone suggested a playoff thing for teams who go out early, but another idea is to host a few smaller knockout style tournaments with different class entries, so the clans like CCC and wrld appear in 1, and clans less able to compete with them in another. If seperate smaller tournaments r the case, u could have playoff rounds to produce a final league table style structure for each tournament. This is hard to describe so here is a small example.

This way every team plays the same number of games, but the knockout stands!

Round 1

CCC beat Mtrx
Naz beat RD
wrld beat LS
Paddy beat AS

Round 2

(the losing teams of the previous rounds meet)
Mtrx beat RD
AS beat LS

(the winning teams from the previous round meet in semi finals)
CCC beat Naz
wrld beat Paddy

Round 3

(2 teams who lost both games)
LS beat RD

(2 teams who lost, then won)
Mtrx beat AS

(2 beaten semi finalists)
Naz beat Paddy

The Final

wrld beat CCC

Each team has played 3 games and this would leave a table of.....

1.wrld
2.CCC
3.Naz
4.Paddy
5.Mtrx
6.AS
7.LS
8.RD

This is only an example of a possible option, however it solves 2 problems. It is a bit complex but with small tournaments it could work as in the above example.

1) Each team gets to play more games
2) Smaller tournaments means that teams play sides of their own skill level
3)Every single win counts, so its still not like a league in the fact, if u slip up and lose, u can still win the whole league. With this, its win or nothing.

Nap

O

old.[LS]Speedy

Mr.Blackshirt
Penge Resident

Schagen, dat niet echt ver weg :)

Oudkarspel hiero

BTW, wie ben je? :D

W

watcher

I like this I like this alot.I wasnt to keen on the 2nd knockout idea but lookin how nap's worked it im up for it.Of course the whole thing will be bigger(i hope) but its slowly coming together:clap:

M

mr.Blacky

well speedy dont u know a m8 when u see one me RD mr. Blackshirt used to be known as Lord RAA and Bastion hehe well I broke my own rule about chitchat argh
Ok like the idea Nap but what happens if it will be big like 32 clans dont know if that will happend but what if.............

O

old.Napalm

No, this is only a sample. We can c how many clans we get, then split them up into tournaments about their skill level (to solve the problem people have about CCC fighting DAD etc).

Each of these could b structured like the example (also give us several winning teams).

The big thing to remember is with this approach, every clan will play an equal number of games, but its still knockout and not a league.

Only an idea, again must stress, this will all b sorted properly when and if we start signups.

=RD= Mr Nap

O

old.Flare_Protector

but again this has the problem of we have to look to the skill level, as asterix said, in soccer ppl don't choose their opponent.... :eek:

But what if we would start with a team to set rules ? :rolleyes:

O

old.[LS]Speedy

ooooooohhhhh zeg dan meteen dat je RAA bent :)

je staat zelfs nog in me ICQ :)

O

old.Napalm

Ideas

Flare, we could have 2 tournaments perhaps. This would still give us a good mixture, but would seperate the teams a bit more. Either we throw everyone into a totally random main tournament, or we seperate them. Either way, some people r probably not going to like it, but we can try to sort this.

We also have some ideas for more unusual matches which could take place after the tournament. Some of these have been suggested in this forum.

All Stars Match - Like the NBA. 2 Teams made up of a representative from each clan, just for fun really.

Tag Teams - A small tournament where teams r made up from 2/3 clan's players. For example, Mtrx / Paddy / AS against NAZ / LS / wrld.

A few other ideas involving mods, but we won't reveal everything now ;)

Nap

S

SpUnKyTh3MoNk3y

Re: servers

Originally posted by Flare_Protector
:clap:
spunky, that's a cewl idea ;) But what i don't get , if you get "knocked out" i nround your "out", no?

yar but this way the ppl who lose their first games all play each other (in a seperate tourney really) so even the really bad clans :D get at least 2 games

O

old.Napalm

Great Feedback!

We have about 4/5 ideas for tournament structure now, so if we can confirm the servers (soon I hope) we can set it up, sign up, and let the fragging begin :firedevil

Thanx for all input so far, some great feedback and raised some very good points. Keep posting any ideas u have please!

Perhaps more ideas about some unique events u would like to c, read my post above for ideas. If all goes to plan we could hold the main tournament(s) then finish off with some special matches / events for fun and unlike anything seen b4.

If possible, i'd like to do something with In2agib / Disintegration and Specialties also, they have a big following and i'm sure we could arrange something. Any ideas?

Nap

O

old.Napalm

Progress Report 2

All starting to happen, we think we have finally decided on the most fun tournament we could host. Keeping the actual details quiet just for now tho as we need to work on some other things.

Website is on the go now, and everything else is happening as it should be.

Still might not happen, but we r all confident it can, especially if the clans back us as they have so far, thanx guys!

Nap

O

old.Flare_Protector

#mIRC Channel

For starters, i think we need to put up a mIrc channel

How 'bout (on quakenet) #efcet ?

Elite Force Community Elimination Tourney?

O

old.Flare_Protector

Good idea -) Has already support (-

The idea of single round elimination, that was posted here, and shown in the picture stays, BUT, all the loosing clans from the first round (bottom of the ladder) start over again in the same structure, so eventually, it will be the winner of the winning clans ,against the winer of the "lost clans" , in this way, each clan certainly plays vs two clans,and if you lost you're first round, you can still fight the winner of structure 1, by defeating structure 2

O

old.Napalm

To Flare

Flare, got it all sorted m8, send me ur email and i'll let u know whats happening.

Also we have a name for the tournament, but dont reveal any more yet ;)

Nap

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom